PDA

View Full Version : Did you wonder if Ben would get MVP?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
That last drive was better than Elway's "The Drive". The guy refuses to lose. If Tones had been out, like Nate and Hines (for all practical purposes) were, I think Ben would have made those completions to himself, just to win the game.

It might be better for the team though, that Tones got it. He grows up a lot this past week - comes clean about his past, makes one of the most pressure filled plays in the history of the game - a new role for him this coming year, a rock of stability. I'm sure Hines told him "Grasshopper, you are a man now ...", or something like that!

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 12:58 PM
No... Ben came up big.. but Holmes was always on the receiving end of those clutch passes. If it was a routine catch then Ben gets the MVP... but Holmes made so much happen after the 2nd catch and the TD was sick.

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Considering what Ben has to do to get passes off & making THE throw for the TD - I thought Ben was a lock.

Sugar
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
If Hines or Heath had been open underneath and get the TD catch, then yes, the MVP would have probably gone to BB. Holmes made such a great catch (even though BB couldn't have thrown a better pass) that it just had to be him.

There would have been no argument from me of BB or Silverback would have gotten it though.

phillyesq
02-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I wondered whether Ben would get it, but you really can't argue with it going to Santonio.

Part of me wanted to see Woodley and Harrison as co-MVPs, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
If Hines or Heath had been open underneath and get the TD catch, then yes, the MVP would have probably gone to BB. Holmes made such a great catch (even though BB couldn't have thrown a better pass) that it just had to be him.

There would have been no argument from me of BB or Silverback would have gotten it though.
Tonio had such a great drive. He had every catch except one... He had a great RAC on the one catch and almost scored... and the TD catch was incredible.

Thing is, Ben was so elusive on that drive - not sure I would have complained about either of them... HOWEVER, I did say, "if he caught that, it was MVP", on the one he dropped.

SteelBucks
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I thought co-MVP's would have been better. It takes both of them to make that final drive possible.

steeld95
02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I thought co-MVP's would have been better. It takes both of them to make that final drive possible.

I never thought of that, but I think in last nights instance, that would have made alot of sense. They both made clutch plays when it counted. I just re-watched the highlight and can't believe that pass Ben threw. I didn't realize how great of a throw it was when it happened, but now that I sobered up and watched it again...incredible throw.

mshifko
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Tonio had such a great drive. He had every catch except one... He had a great RAC on the one catch and almost scored... and the TD catch was incredible.

Thing is, Ben was so elusive on that drive - not sure I would have complained about either of them... HOWEVER, I did say, "if he caught that, it was MVP", on the one he dropped.

i bet you're not going to compare big ben to jake plummer anymore are you? :lol: just joking with ya...