PDA

View Full Version : FWP and Edge - less than 60 yards apiece

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:37 PM
It wasn't a day for running the ball. I'm kind of surprised we kept Edge down, with all the attention we had to give Fitz.

FWP will be better next year with:

a) Better O line. And even if it isn't that much better,
b) Mendy back in the line up. Teams will have to prepare for both, thunder and lightning, etc.

I think FWP is a pretty good pass blocker (?), so that will be important in who we put in the backfield. If Spaeth doesn't become a much better blocker, I'm not sure what value he brings - Miller/Hines/Moore can all catch the short to intermediate pass at least as well as he can, with decent YAC.

Is there a TE blocking school he can go to?

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Willie had his step back . . . made some nice moves in the open field and got some tough yards a few times. I will say it again, the interior of our LINE is weak

SPAETH is soft and has no reason being our 2nd TE.

Sugar
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
The Cards were stacking the box a lot. That's part of the reason that the quick outs to Holmes were so successful. During replays I was counting off 8-9 guys in the box to my father-in-law who was surprised that Wille wasn't doing more.

Fact is, the AZ D was on him as soon as he got the ball on many occaisions. They wanted to make Ben beat them in the big game (especially after his last SB difficulties). They picked their poison and lost.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
The Cards were stacking the box a lot. That's part of the reason that the quick outs to Holmes were so successful. During replays I was counting off 8-9 guys in the box to my father-in-law who was surprised that Wille wasn't doing more.

Fact is, the AZ D was on him as soon as he got the ball on many occaisions. They wanted to make Ben beat them in the big game (especially after his last SB difficulties). They picked their poison and lost.

:Clap :Clap :Clap BEN!!!

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
It wasn't a day for running the ball. I'm kind of surprised we kept Edge down, with all the attention we had to give Fitz.

FWP will be better next year with:

a) Better O line. And even if it isn't that much better,
b) Mendy back in the line up. Teams will have to prepare for both, thunder and lightning, etc.

I think FWP is a pretty good pass blocker (?), so that will be important in who we put in the backfield. If Spaeth doesn't become a much better blocker, I'm not sure what value he brings - Miller/Hines/Moore can all catch the short to intermediate pass at least as well as he can, with decent YAC.

Is there a TE blocking school he can go to?

Both the TEs need to work on their blocking. Miller is no Bruener when it comes to blocking. He has his troubles blocking. Spaeth stepped up when Miller was out with injury. Spaeth adds depth to the position. Something that Tomlin likes.

snarky
02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Well, that gives Ravens fans something to celebrate.