PDA

View Full Version : How loud did you yell when Tones missed the 2nd to last pass

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
... the one in Right through both friggin hands.

I was saying ... that was our chance. Now what?

And then ...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Steelgal
02-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Truthfully, it didn't phase me. I knew a field goal would tie it and figured we'd go to OT. Couple that with the fact that we had 0 timeouts, I was just hoping to keep it away from the defense and play smart.

MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Very loud.

Especially on the replay when it looked like he should have had it.

I said "LYNN SWANN WOULD HAVE HAD THAT!!!"

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I was as quiet as could be. Which wasn't a good thing. Because it gave me a sick feeling.

But then I thought they would do a Hines slant. And that was the called play but alot of guys bit, Ben Double/triple pumps, throws into triple coverage and Holmes tap dances. That is my favorite play I've ever witnessed I think. I know its because its fresh in my mind, but I can watch it a hundred times, and just sit there in sheer amazement.

SteelBucks
02-02-2009, 12:27 PM
... the one in Right through both friggin hands.

I was saying ... that was our chance. Now what?

And then ...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was surprisingly calm. I just had a feeling that things were going to work out on that drive. But that didn't prevent me from going absolutely insane when Santonio came down with the next one!

(Man, I must have aged 10 years on that final drive!)

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I was calm, but, I was annoyed that he had ANOTHER drop on this season... he's got more than Nate, for sure...

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I was calm, but, I was annoyed that he had ANOTHER drop on this season... he's got more than Nate, for sure...

Nate would have more if he could get open to have a chance to catch it

Wolfhound45
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Fairly loud. Was not overly concerned though because I knew that as long as we did not take a sack or turn the ball over, Quadzilla would be money and it would be the first OT in SB history.

However, Mrs Wolfhound (love being married to a Steelers fan) nearly had a heart attack. Had to keep telling her to breathe, calm down.

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM

umm.... Holmes is also trying to keep his feet in bounds as well... I wasn't mad at him.

RussBII
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM
That looked a tough catch to me. His body position was just all wrong...

I wasn't worried at all, not after all that 'Tone had done to get us down there. Skippy's money and I'd rather miss a pass that no one else had a chance on, then, i dunno. watch a 100 yard interception return by an OLB....

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Fairly loud. Was not overly concerned though because I knew that as long as we did not take a sack or turn the ball over, Quadzilla would be money and it would be the first OT in SB history.

However, Mrs Wolfhound (love being married to a Steelers fan) nearly had a heart attack. Had to keep telling her to breathe, calm down.

My wife wasn't a die hard fan... she is a dance choreographer. But she knows I am and has bought me blankets and shirts and all types of stuff. Funny thing is both her and her mom are married to men from Pittsburgh.. so maybe she is a fan, LOL!!!

Funny story... I bought a 32 inch flat screen and I think seeing the game that crisp made her a true fan. Seeing players execute and the dexterity needed had her on the edge of her seat. She now knows why I'm so serious even when we are winning. Until it's over you never know...