PDA

View Full Version : My first full season on a board...

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to message board posting and what not. During the SUper Bowl XL run I was a big time lurker at the trib. When the migration happened to the Planet around May, I made myself get more involved and began sharing thoughts/ideas/jokes and what not here. Interacting with you all has made me waaaay more knowledgeable of a fan. I have to say, way back in May I always had great feelings our team would get where they have. But being able to banter about it daily here at this forum has really made this my most memorable season as a fan. I wasn't alive in the 70's (well born in 79 but you know what i mean), and Super Bowl XL was awesome, but this one takes the cake for me. Just from the beginning with all the mock drafts some of you do, down to the game day chats, being able to meet some of you in person, and coming straight to the board after the "BIG WIN" to share it with you all, has been an outstanding fan experience.

My hats off to all of you and a huge Congratulations to Planet Steelers and the entire Steeler Nation!!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2
This Six Pack is gonna go down real smooth..you know!!?

Discipline of Steel
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Dont make me get emotional Shiek!

This is my first year posting as well and I had to give up fantasy football in order to find the time to read and consider everything yinz produce here. Glad I did, FF makes you know every player in the league but here on the board I can use my time to focus on the Steelers. I enjoyed watching the story of our team unfold with each game better than rooting for individuals to have big stats. (sometimes very distasteful ones) Plus it has been so much more enjoyable to hear everyones comments and insights than looking through rows and columns of moribund stats. Everyone here is so knowledgable and it was a great year to jump in with Mike Tomlin leading us down the road to Super Bowl victory in legendary fashion.

AngryAsian
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
SHIEK, both you and DOS, have been great additions to our collective brain trust, here on the PLANET. The only thing I can say is that... for all of you who are lurkers and feel that maybe contributing your ideas and thoughts would not be relevant, think again. We all were lurkers at some point, and though on occasion we may not agree on all the points brought forward, we are all a part of Steeler Nation and being so, fly under a banner hard-nosed, blue collar and intelligent football. We had a phenomenal season and it will get even better.

Next season, there will be an official Planet Steelers tailgate and I hope to see a great turnout of my fellow brothers and sisters on this board. Great season guys... but now it will be the offseason... all the banter of rebuilding and mock drafts is what really broadened my knowledge base of Steeler Ball and we have a bunch of throbbing cerebrums on this board when it comes to personnel analysis. Looking forward to it fellas.

Jigawatts
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Great year. Nice to share it with everyone here and nice meeting some of you at the
San Diego game. Now, if I could make a suggestions for the tailgate party...

I'd like to suggest having it on the season opener so all of us could celebrate this season
before we kick off the next, but since we'll be playing on Thursday night, I realize that
would be tough for some to make it, myself included.

Maybe the second home game?

AngryAsian
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Great year. Nice to share it with everyone here and nice meeting some of you at the

I'd like to suggest having it on the season opener so all of us could celebrate this season
before we kick off the next, but since we'll be playing on Thursday night, I realize that

If it will give me a chance to finally meet the legend of Jigawatts... then it will have to be the second game of the season. Regardless, I think we'll need to put it to the vote and will be discussed thoroughly when the schedule comes out for the 09 season.

calmkiller
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I would be interested in attending a home game this year. Just depends on the schedule. WVU games come first, I have to see if I can afford those tickets before anything.

Jigawatts
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM

If it will give me a chance to finally meet the legend of Jigawatts... then it will have to be the second game of the season. Regardless, I think we'll need to put it to the vote and will be discussed thoroughly when the schedule comes out for the 09 season.

As long as it's not September 6, my schedule is clear. But yes, maybe before tickets
go on sale we could do a poll.