PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Int. Question

johnstownsteel
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Well...actually two questions. On the int., wasn't there some sort of penalty called against the Cards during the runback? If so, had Harrison been called down at the goal line, wouldn't there be one last play even though there was no time on the clock because of that penalty?

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
it was a facemask i think and you are right i believe. the penalty came when the steelers had possesion so the half couldnt of ended on a penalty against the cards after the int

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
YEs Sir. Wherever he got tackled, we would have one untimed play. BUt he didn't know that, so it makes it more amazing of a play.

johnstownsteel
02-02-2009, 10:00 AM
YEs Sir. Wherever he got tackled, we would have one untimed play. BUt he didn't know that, so it makes it more amazing of a play.yea..i thought that was the case but micheals kept saying that the half would end...no points...if the td was overturned. i called b.s. and said that wasn't the case. everyone in the room looked at me like i was an iniot and din't know what i was talking about.

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Some guy had a hold of Farrior's facemask before Harrison got to midfield. But had Harrison not scored, there would've been one play from where he was tackled - plus 15 yards - so we might've seen either a kneeldown or a FG attempt.

Acero
02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I was watching the game with my pops (he hates the Steelers) and well into the 4th quarter he was still arguing that Harrison went down at the 6 inch line and it was NOT a touchdown... did anybody else have this problem (IE somebody arguing a non-TD)?

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I was watching the game with my pops (he hates the Steelers) and well into the 4th quarter he was still arguing that Harrison went down at the 6 inch line and it was NOT a touchdown... did anybody else have this problem (IE somebody arguing a non-TD)?

nope everyone i watched the game thought it was clearly a td. most of the people i watched the game with were pats fans and hated the steelers

OsoRojo
02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I just talked to a guy this morning who said that Harrison's OTHER knee was down. I didn't see any shots of that angle, but I think it's just B*tchin and Moaning personally.

johnstownsteel
02-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I was watching the game with my pops (he hates the Steelers) and well into the 4th quarter he was still arguing that Harrison went down at the 6 inch line and it was NOT a touchdown... did anybody else have this problem (IE somebody arguing a non-TD)?no...didn't hear that. i'm always the pesimist though and all that was clicking was the "what if" in regards to it being overturned. i was quite certain had he been called down before getting in, the penalty would have given us a shot at a fg or going for the td from inside the 1.

johnstownsteel
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
I was watching the game with my pops (he hates the Steelers) and well into the 4th quarter he was still arguing that Harrison went down at the 6 inch line and it was NOT a touchdown... did anybody else have this problem (IE somebody arguing a non-TD)?btw, sweet sig.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah i couldn't celebrate any of our td's it seemed. Everything kept getting reviewed, it tempered my excitement a bit, especially after the first non td.

Acero
02-02-2009, 10:20 AM
btw, sweet sig.

Thanks, I found it just now on ESPN.com... gonna keep it around for a while!

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah i couldn't celebrate any of our td's it seemed. Everything kept getting reviewed, it tempered my excitement a bit, especially after the first non td.
That was getting tiresome...but it certainly added to the drama!

snarky
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
While we are talking about that play, isn't it a penalty for Fitzgerald to run 40 yards out of bounds before coming back into the field to make a tackle?

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I just talked to a guy this morning who said that Harrison's OTHER knee was down. I didn't see any shots of that angle, but I think it's just B*tchin and Moaning personally.
Look tell them that they showed every replay & it was clear he wasn't down. If he has a problem with that, then tell him to talk to the Cardinals about how they could allow it to happen - they had chances, it wasn't a clear field in front of him! Besides, if Fitz had gone for the tackle & not the ball - & Breaston had tried to drag him done & not hit him forward...then I would be more tolerant. Sour grapes my friends...

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 10:42 AM
the face mask was actually made against Timmons and what made it even sweeter was the diving block Timmons made 60 yards downfield that took out 2 guys. He is a beast. It looks like he actually ran past the bunch and then curled and made the block...

I'm screaming!!! How did he make a block from that angle so far down field!!!

VirgilBosett
02-02-2009, 11:40 AM

The one thing that never got mentioned was Fitz came from WAY out of bounds to join in the tackle. An illegal play for sure. Next time they show that play watch Fitz run down the sideline. He covers around 25 yards+ out of bounds.

I don't think there was any question he was in.

Jigawatts
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
While we are talking about that play, isn't it a penalty for Fitzgerald to run 40 yards out of bounds before coming back into the field to make a tackle?

I wondered that myself. The only person I've heard mention anything about that
today was John Clayton.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Well...actually two questions. On the int., wasn't there some sort of penalty called against the Cards during the runback? If so, had Harrison been called down at the goal line, wouldn't there be one last play even though there was no time on the clock because of that penalty?
that was my interpretation... worst case, a FG out of it...

skyhawk
02-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Yep, A couple of seahawks fans stated to me that he was CLEARLY not in. :roll:

feltdizz
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
ESPN's Simmons said Harrison didn't get in and Woodley should have been called for a block in the back. I swear it should be illegal for ESPN to have such blatant hate.... he called the INT a TAINT.. :wft

It's like ESPN is Fox News and the Steelers are Obama...

Iron Shiek
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
ESPN's Simmons said Harrison didn't get in and Woodley should have been called for a block in the back. I swear it should be illegal for ESPN to have such blatant hate.... he called the INT a TAINT.. :wft

He made up TAINT because he makes up words for everything. It stands for Touchdown After INTerception. Not negative term that you might think...ha.

RuthlessBurgher
02-03-2009, 04:54 PM

He wasn't necessarily saying that it was tainted or anything by using the term TAINT. He has been calling that type of play a TAINT for a while now (stands for Touchdown After INTerception) because he was getting tired of hearing people say "Pick 6" all the time and was suggesting "TAINT" as a better term.

However, he is a Patophile and therefore a Steeler hater. He always puts Ben's name in quotes because he doesn't understand why announcers feel like they are on a first name basis with him (the fact that his last name is 4 syllables and doesn't exactly roll off the tongue when you are doing play-by-play might factor in there, no?)

Slapstick
02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a question regarding the Harrison INT return:

How in the hell did he do that?

He had no business returning an INT 100 yards in a SB...out of all the TD returns of 100 yards or longer, he has to be one of the bigger men to do so...

Discipline of Steel
02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I have a question regarding the Harrison INT return:

How in the hell did he do that?

He had no business returning an INT 100 yards in a SB...out of all the TD returns of 100 yards or longer, he has to be one of the bigger men to do so...

Sometimes, determination is greater than physical attributes. Deshea wanted a lateral, but no, James Harrison took it upon himself to make sure that ball got to the house. He is THE MAN.

plainnasty
02-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Mike Pereira, the National Football League's Vice President of Officiating, stated that the Steelers would have had an untimed down had Harrison been ruled down short of the goal line. Because the penalty was a personal foul (facemask), it would have been tacked on after the play, even though it occurred before the change of possession.

Discipline of Steel
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Mike Pereira, the National Football League's Vice President of Officiating, stated that the Steelers would have had an untimed down had Harrison been ruled down short of the goal line. Because the penalty was a personal foul (facemask), it would have been tacked on after the play, even though it occurred before the change of possession.

No guarantees that untimed play brings points. That ball needed to go into the endzone on that play.