PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see......

Steeler Shades
02-02-2009, 09:30 AM
any post game interviews with Ike Taylor? Wondering what he thought of his 2nd half coverage of Fitzgerald. 8)

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 09:35 AM
any post game interviews with Ike Taylor? Wondering what he thought of his 2nd half coverage of Fitzgerald. 8)

i thought it was pretty good except for that one huge play. still dont know what troy and clark were doing. ike had no help from either safety. they both took the outs on either side and fitz just ran down the middle. i thought ike played better than troy did

Chadman
02-02-2009, 09:39 AM

i thought it was pretty good except for that one huge play. still dont know what troy and clark were doing. ike had no help from either safety. they both took the outs on either side and fitz just ran down the middle. i thought ike played better than troy did

Yeah....not so sure about that.

Ike gave Fitzgerald that 1st TD by just not even bothering to look where the ball was, leaping too late & if it wasn't a TD- it would have been PI instead.

2nd TD Ike lost containment- yeah Polamalu & Clark were nowhere to be seen, but Ike still lost containment

Worst thing was Ike giving up the Personal Foul penalty though- super DUMB play right when the Steelers simply could not afford to give the Cards yards.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM

Yeah....not so sure about that.

Ike gave Fitzgerald that 1st TD by just not even bothering to look where the ball was, leaping too late & if it wasn't a TD- it would have been PI instead.

2nd TD Ike lost containment- yeah Polamalu & Clark were nowhere to be seen, but Ike still lost containment

Worst thing was Ike giving up the Personal Foul penalty though- super DUMB play right when the Steelers simply could not afford to give the Cards yards.

the thing is how many cb's can stop fitz?? the guy is just as good as a young jerry rice. the first td ike had good position and did all he could. the ball did hit the ground. you cant expect any cb to stay stride for stride with fitz, you need to give him help down field. the personal foul was an awful call imo but ike should have been smarter

Chadman
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Not REALLY complaining about the long TD. That fierst one- yeah, Ike had good position, but he REFUSES to look at the ball.

This isn't the first time that has bitten him on the butt, and it did it again.

And no matter how much it should have been off setting penalties, given the SITUATION the Steelers were in, Ike MUST know better than to retaliate. Dumb.

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 09:55 AM

That is one risk when cover2/man coverage is being played. The middle of the field is left open. It is one reason why the Steelers do not play a lot of man press coverage. Most CBs would have a hard time defending that route and pass. Especially, with a WR like Fitz.

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Not REALLY complaining about the long TD. That fierst one- yeah, Ike had good position, but he REFUSES to look at the ball.

This isn't the first time that has bitten him on the butt, and it did it again.

And no matter how much it should have been off setting penalties, given the SITUATION the Steelers were in, Ike MUST know better than to retaliate. Dumb.

I do not know understand why corners do not turn around and look for the ball sooner. I think they would have more opportunities to make plays on the ball. Were dumb penalties by Ike and Harrison.

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Even if Ike turned around.. it wouldn't have mattered. Fitz is that good.
I do question the prevent D in the 4th with the middle wide open.

but people really need to understand how good Fitz is...