PDA

View Full Version : Fitz 1st TD hit the ground

Discipline of Steel
02-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Anybody else notice this? I thought Coach T should have thrown the red flag, we would have saved 4 points at a critical time. 20-10 instead of 20-14...Cards would have had to go for 2 when Fitz got his second TD.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Anybody else notice this? I thought Coach T should have thrown the red flag, we would have saved 4 points at a critical time. 20-10 instead of 20-14...Cards would have had to go for 2 when Fitz got his second TD.
ditto - just said that a few minutes ago in another post.

DukieBoy
02-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I thought it hit the ground too.

But do you think it would have been overturned?
If we lose that timeout it could have hampered THE drive.

But gotta love the outcome.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
we would have lost the challenge. it did hit the ground but fitz had control of it

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 11:38 AM
we would have lost the challenge. it did hit the ground but fitz had control of it
remember Santonio's TD overturn last week... same situation. If that wasn't a TD, neither was Fitz's...

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
remember Santonio's TD overturn last week... same situation. If that wasn't a TD, neither was Fitz's...

that is a very good point. forgot about that.

MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
We were screaming for the red flag.

Of course, none of the announcers bring it up.

Wonder why.

But hey, at least Madden didn't say phantom hold this game.

feltdizz
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I was screaming for a review.. but when I watched it again I don't think it was enough to over turn it.

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
The QB-View replay is the most conclusive & you can see the point of the ball touch the ground as he comes down. Throw that out every time someone b!tches about something going our way...

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:39 PM

The difference between Santonio's and this one was Santonio lost complete control. FITZ still had both hands on the ball.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 12:43 PM

The difference between Santonio's and this one was Santonio lost complete control. FITZ still had both hands on the ball.
Not true... Fitz bobbled it as it came from above his head to pull it in... he then went down and the ball hit the ground. He covered it up and we weren't given enough replays to see if it moved.

tonio, took 2 friggin steps, then made a DIVE... he clearly had control... his was like the polamalu catch/"fumble" in the game against the colts a few years ago.,

Mister Pittsburgh
02-02-2009, 01:11 PM
i don't think fitz caught that. it was trapped against the ground. he jostled it around above his head, you could see it move slightly on the way down, and the first thing to touch the ground was the ball. no catch, no review.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
i don't think fitz caught that. it was trapped against the ground. he jostled it around above his head, you could see it move slightly on the way down, and the first thing to touch the ground was the ball. no catch, no review.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Viuxap9dStA/SYZvXED1NUI/AAAAAAAAAW4/BMYg9l9wW_s/s640/IMG_0225.JPG