PDA

View Full Version : I was kind of wondering about taking an intentional safety

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't know if this was right, but I figured we would then:

a) Be able to punt from a better place than the back of our end zone.
b) Put the defense on the field (at that time, I was still thinking we had a better chance of winning with the D, rather than the O, on the field).

So I wasn't too pissed off at all when we got that safety called against us.

This make any sense?

snarky
02-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I think it was worth considering.

northgate1980
02-02-2009, 02:11 AM
I was thinking it might be a possiblility, if we didn't gain any ground. The holding call made it all null and void anyway, but I would have probably done it. I would take my chances with our defense against anyone, still would regardless of how much we got torched this game.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 02:12 AM
thought the catch was phenomenal by holmes...

plus, their offense was warming up - didn't want to give them the ball.

wouldn't have taken the safety, myself.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Oops, I just posted about this. Tomlin said the intentional safety was happening had they not gained any yards.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
i didnt want to see berger punt from the back of the end zone with breaston returning the punt

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
i didnt want to see berger punt from the back of the end zone with breaston returning the punt

Yeah, me neither. I've never thought of taking an intentional safety before (I'm not that football-savvy), but it kind of seemed reasonable to me.

Read that Tomlin was thinking the same thing, so that makes me HC material right?! OK then, I'm putting out an "Applicant Wanted" ad ... for OC!