PDA

View Full Version : Was there ever a better throw/catch than Ben to Holmes TD?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 01:22 AM
Last year Manning to Tyree maybe ... but that throw was lame and duck-like. Ben's pass was perfection, absolute f*ng perfection.

mshifko
02-02-2009, 01:27 AM
beautiful...i cried

Chachi
02-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Frick'n laser beam.

No way I though that was gonna be anything from the original angle.

:Beer :Beer :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Beer :Beer

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Assuming just Super Bowls...Oh there's so many -
1. Swann's Dive (Cowboys)
2. Stallworth's Over the Shoulder (Rams)
3. Stallworth's Rumble (Cowboys)
4. Swann's Skywalk (Cowboys)
5. Swann Skywalk II (Rams)
6. ARE to Hines (Seahawks)
7. Santonio's Spur (Cardinals)
8. Rocky Blier Climbs the Ladder (Cowboys)
9. Kurt Warner's Bruce-Bomb (Tenn)
10. Steve Young's 1st TD to Rice (SD)

And yes...I am contractually obligated to list all the Steeler' plays first. :mrgreen:

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
holmes is absolutely amazing on the sideline. the catch he made at the pats game was just like that one. even watching it live i knew he got both feet down

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 09:52 AM
It wasn't a Super Bowl, but it was like a steroids version of Dwight Clark "The Catch" from Montana. Just sheer beauty that will be replayed forever when they show highlight reels of great plays in the NFL. I can't stop watching that play this morning on Mike and Mike on tv and just sitting here in amazement. I smile every time he sits up and clenches the ball.

This play made legends of both of them. Definitely goes down as on of the great steeler super bowl plays.

MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2009, 09:59 AM
It wasn't a Super Bowl, but it was like a steroids version of Dwight Clark "The Catch" from Montana. Just sheer beauty that will be replayed forever when they show highlight reels of great plays in the NFL. I can't stop watching that play this morning on Mike and Mike on tv and just sitting here in amazement. I smile every time he sits up and clenches the ball.

This play made legends of both of them. Definitely goes down as on of the great steeler super bowl plays.

When I sawy it at first from the wrong angle, I thought he was way out of bounds. I couldn't believe the replay.... that was a thing of BEAUTY......

The Steelers will have some good highlights to add to their War Chest.

(Of course afterwards, Marshall the Faulk-head was saying he should have been penalized for using the ball as a prop.

I am seriously, (now that the season is over) considering cancelling NFLN just becuase of their sheer anti-Steeler bias. Between Diicckk Eisen and Faulk-head.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:48 PM

When I sawy it at first from the wrong angle, I thought he was way out of bounds. I couldn't believe the replay.... that was a thing of BEAUTY......

The Steelers will have some good highlights to add to their War Chest.

(Of course afterwards, Marshall the Faulk-head was saying he should have been penalized for using the ball as a prop.

I am seriously, (now that the season is over) considering cancelling NFLN just becuase of their sheer anti-Steeler bias. Between Diicckk Eisen and Faulk-head.

Patent that, MJG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Assuming just Super Bowls...Oh there's so many -
1. Swann's Dive (Cowboys)
2. Stallworth's Over the Shoulder (Rams)
3. Stallworth's Rumble (Cowboys)
4. Swann's Skywalk (Cowboys)
5. Swann Skywalk II (Rams)
6. ARE to Hines (Seahawks)
7. Santonio's Spur (Cardinals)
8. Rocky Blier Climbs the Ladder (Cowboys)
9. Kurt Warner's Bruce-Bomb (Tenn)
10. Steve Young's 1st TD to Rice (SD)

And yes...I am contractually obligated to list all the Steeler' plays first. :mrgreen:

Right, these are excellent, but are they better ? #6 was a great call, but not really acrobatic perfection, for example. The ones I remember (#s 1-6) as good as they are, I'm not sure I can call them better, just IMO!

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Under the circumstances, that was clutch.

ELI's pass was a toss up and TYREE made the play.

Ben's pass was put in an area where only 1 man had a shot at it. Ben said he thought it was going to be picked when he let it go.

The only catch that comes to mind that comes close is Montana to Clark, but Ben's pass was still better.