PDA

View Full Version : Next year - Mendenhall, Sepulveda. Young guys better.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Maybe draft some help with the running game.

Back-to-back looks pretty imaginable!

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 01:17 AM
We need to address the interior of the OLINE and develop some youth.

We aren't losing anyone on DEFENSE except maybe FOOTE. Timmons upgrades our speed big time ... he closed on JAMES tonight in the flat from midfield like it was his job. Well actually it was his job, but i'm just sayin'

I have a bad feeling about the future for Casey Hampton in the middle though . . . i see his career on the downside.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-02-2009, 01:49 AM
We need to address the interior of the OLINE and develop some youth.

We aren't losing anyone on DEFENSE except maybe FOOTE. Timmons upgrades our speed big time ... he closed on JAMES tonight in the flat from midfield like it was his job. Well actually it was his job, but i'm just sayin'

I have a bad feeling about the future for Casey Hampton in the middle though . . . i see his career on the downside.

Only guy we might lose is McFadden. He is a free agent. With Ben and our D anything is possible next season. If you look at our opponents we have a fairly easy schedule compared to this year.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 01:55 AM
The interior of the OL can be fixed by returning Simmons to the line-up & maybe sliding Colon inside. Then draft or sign a RT & you are good to go.

After watching the last half of the season, Timmons is ready to step in full time. Can Foote be used as a trade option? 2 time SB winning inside LB...someone might want him.

Mendenhall coming back helps the short yardage for the Steelers, along with a stronger interior OL.

A blocking FB wouldn't hurt.

McFadden......Chadman would let him go & search for more of a 'big play' guy at CB- perhaps in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

To be honest- there are few holes to fill- this is a strong football team.

Djfan
02-02-2009, 02:01 AM
Chadman,

I have heard you talk about a blocking FB on this board a lot tonight. Bruce A doesn't use one. You know that right? (Not said in a way that is insulting, but honest question). He wants a 3 TE set instead.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Chadman,

I have heard you talk about a blocking FB on this board a lot tonight. Bruce A doesn't use one. You know that right? (Not said in a way that is insulting, but honest question). He wants a 3 TE set instead.

Hmm...Chadman envisions a Mike Alstott type FB...how about a 'better' blocking FB than Davis?

Djfan
02-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Chadman,

Hmm...Chadman envisions a Mike Alstott type FB...how about a 'better' blocking FB than Davis?

Maybe. Don't think it's in Bruce A's DNA. Davis has mad athleticism and no football instincts, IMHO.

steelernation77
02-02-2009, 02:09 AM
The interior of the OL can be fixed by returning Simmons to the line-up & maybe sliding Colon inside. Then draft or sign a RT & you are good to go.

After watching the last half of the season, Timmons is ready to step in full time. Can Foote be used as a trade option? 2 time SB winning inside LB...someone might want him.

Mendenhall coming back helps the short yardage for the Steelers, along with a stronger interior OL.

A blocking FB wouldn't hurt.

McFadden......Chadman would let him go & search for more of a 'big play' guy at CB- perhaps in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft.

To be honest- there are few holes to fill- this is a strong football team.

Foote is in the last year of his contract, we don't resign him. He's said already he wants to play in Detroit for a few years and work with inner city kids and then retire and coach his old high school football team, more power to him.

Another corner would be nice, but I'm thinking this draft HAS to be about the OL. We need to resurrect this running game. It almost cost us in the Super Bowl. We can't move the ball on the ground and run out the clock. A few road graders would be nice. There's an outside shot that Michael Oher or another top LT could drop to us. If one gets even close I bet we trade up and take him.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 08:42 AM
i agree draft o-line they need an overhaul to their running game. it stinks and im sick of it. ben needs help. he cant keep taking hits like he has the last couple years. i wouldnt go crazy with re-signing bmac or nate. they are looking very very good for the next few years. some youth on the d-line is a must as well

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
i agree draft o-line they need an overhaul to their running game. it stinks and im sick of it. ben needs help. he cant keep taking hits like he has the last couple years. i wouldnt go crazy with re-signing bmac or nate. they are looking very very good for the next few years. some youth on the d-line is a must as well

Last night confirmed what many suspected all season. The weakness on the OL is at the guard position. Kemo is just way to inconsistent and Stapleton got schooled. Colon had a better game than most of his but I would not hesitate to move him to Kemo's position and let Kemo walk.

Bmac will be all but impossible to resign and for a couple million more per year I would make a serious run at Nmandi Asohugha. If we got him we owuld have best defensive secondary in the NFL.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
The best thing is that we don't have a lame duck coach that is asleep at the wheel, so repeat is in my sights...