PDA

View Full Version : I don'[t think Ben was down at the goal line

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
I never saw where his knee touched the ground. I'm kind of po'd at the refs.

Steelerphile
02-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Very true. I think that was a TD. I sense there will be some AZ fans beeyaching about referee calls again. But the Steelers had some go against them. That was one. Steelers were robbed out of 4 points and the holding call against Hartwig that gave AZ 2 points and field position seemed bogus also.

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2009, 12:43 AM
It was a bad overturn. You can't convince me there was enough visual evidence to overturn that touchdown.

However, since we won it is a lot easier to deal with that mistake! And, overall, I thought the refs did a decent job.

AngryAsian
02-02-2009, 12:45 AM
I agree. His knee never touched the turf.

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 12:46 AM
All things considered, I thought it was the right call - but I am convinced that on Fitz's TD over Ike that the ball hit the ground once came down. Watch the replay from the QB's point of view & tell me you don't see the same.

There are differences of opinions on the Refs, but in the end the calls were basically even. But for those saying that the PF for the late hit on Ben shouldn't have been called because he's mobile & you can't expect the defenders to stop?...Complete BS! So Ben is allowed to be hit because he's mobile, but a statue like Warner is off limits?!?

Chachi
02-02-2009, 12:48 AM
HIs knee touched.

You can see his knee ever so slightly bend as it hits the ground, flatens if you will.

Sorry....it was the correct call.

Mister Pittsburgh
02-02-2009, 12:50 AM
All things considered, I thought it was the right call - but I am convinced that on Fitz's TD over Ike that the ball hit the ground once came down. Watch the replay from the QB's point of view & tell me you don't see the same.

I didn't think that was a catch. Neither did my buddy I watched the game with. Fitz lost control of the ball initially, the ball was still moving ever so slightly on the way to the ground, and the ball is the first thing that hit the ground, not his hand.

No catch on that one.

Steel Life
02-02-2009, 12:51 AM
[quote="Steel Life":1x9icubj]All things considered, I thought it was the right call - but I am convinced that on Fitz's TD over Ike that the ball hit the ground once came down. Watch the replay from the QB's point of view & tell me you don't see the same.

I didn't think that was a catch. Neither did my buddy I watched the game with. Fitz lost control of the ball initially, the ball was still moving ever so slightly on the way to the ground, and the ball is the first thing that hit the ground, not his hand.

No catch on that one.[/quote:1x9icubj]
TESTIFY!!!

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:54 AM
At first i thought the refs got the call right on the replay. But i don't think his knee was down after watching it again. It was a TD if you ask me.

mshifko
02-02-2009, 12:57 AM
no indesputable evidence to overturn that...it should have stood

bostonsteeler
02-02-2009, 12:57 AM
At first i thought the refs got the call right on the replay. But i don't think his knee was down after watching it again. It was a TD if you ask me.

Watch real carefully.
You can see a shadow below the knee. It never hit the ground -- there was space between the knee and the ground.

Fitz catch was bobbled too..
That's 8 points -- four on each call -- that went against the steelers. Put those in and the game isn't even close.

proudpittsburgher
02-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I agree, I never thought his knee touched, but all is well. WE ARE WORLD CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

SteelCrazy
02-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Ben's knee never touched the ground. Proof: YOU CAN SEE DAYLIGHT BETWEEN THE GROUND AND HIS KNEE THE ENTIRE TIME. I HAVE DVR AT I WATCHED IT CLOSELY, HIS SHADOW NEVER TOUCHES HIS KNEE, THEREFORE IT COULD NOT HAVE TOUCHED!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Ben's knee never touched the ground. Proof: YOU CAN SEE DAYLIGHT BETWEEN THE GROUND AND HIS KNEE THE ENTIRE TIME. I HAVE DVR AT I WATCHED IT CLOSELY, HIS SHADOW NEVER TOUCHES HIS KNEE, THEREFORE IT COULD NOT HAVE TOUCHED!

In '05 the refs said they made a mistake and Troy DID intercept that pass against the Colts. Maybe they'll do the same thing here!

phillyesq
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I think that he was probably down, but I don't think that there was indisputable evidence to overturn the call.