PDA

View Full Version : Credit where it's due-

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Whis & the Cards were good out there.

If Whis was the Steeler HC, chances are we'd still be 'wooohoooing'.

But who doesn't love Tomlin now?? :tt1

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:20 AM
THey didn't quit. I was all smiles at halftime. But as soon as we kicked off, I was all business again. And got more worried as the game went on. Can't believe we relenquished the lead. But stepped up big time.

WIth all the "questionable" flags my friends were raggin on me for, I hope this one isn't tarnished by stupid fans too. I don't anticipate Cards fans to be as whiny as Seahag fans though.

Good game Zona, well deserved Super Bowl berth.

AngryAsian
02-02-2009, 12:21 AM
HUGE PROPS TO WHIZ. Nothing to hang his head over or his team. They played phenomenal and they'll definitely be back next year and taking some teams down in the NFC. Great job, Arizona.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:22 AM
There were not that many 'questionable' calls, in Chadman's opinion.

A LOT of calls- yes, but the officials got them right.

Starlifter
02-02-2009, 12:32 AM

i'm sure that fat f$ck Holmgrem will disagree......... :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:36 AM

Hehe...Chadman is OK with that...

Djfan
02-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Agreed on the AZ props! They are champions in the making and it maybe soon. Classy team, too, IMO.

If you are an AZ lurker here, just reading, my regards go out to you and your team. You clearly deserved to be there, and had there been another 90 seconds left in the game you may well have won.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 08:36 AM
az played very well. kurt warner maybe one of the classiest players i have ever seen in a post game interview of a guy who just lost the sb. he almost seemed happy. i was shocked how well the cards d-line played

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Cards played a great game. A play here or there and they are the winners of the game. I think they will have a good chance next season if Warner returns. They have other issues to address like Edge and Boldin.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Cards played a great game. A play here or there and they are the winners of the game. I think they will have a good chance next season if Warner returns. They have other issues to address like Edge and Boldin.

i think even if they lost boldin they will be fine. breaston looks like he is going to be great. that guy kills us on punt returns

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 08:51 AM

Totally agree. The "muggings" that Harrison and Woodley go through were just starting to be accurately called. They could have called 3x as many holding calls on the Cards LT than they did.

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 08:54 AM

In all the pre-game it was clear that Fat-grem stills harbors a grudge. He overt rooting for the Cards and excuse making just shows how unprofessional and childish he really is.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Totally agree. The "muggings" that Harrison and Woodley go through were just starting to be accurately called. They could have called 3x as many holding calls on the Cards LT than they did.

Yeah, Carrollo and crew must've had a talking to. I couldn't believe Harrison got held and that mysterious yellow piece of cloth was on the field. It was foreign to me.

MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM

I have heard a few Steeler haters in the office and the radio already comment on it...

Maybe tomorrow I will let it bother me... but not today baby. I am basking. (its kind of a hungover basking though)

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM
i didnt see any questionable calls on that drive. the worst calls in the game was the holding on hartwig and the personal foul on ike. should have been at least off setting penalties. i was suprised they didnt review the fumble at the end of the game, but who cares. they still needed a hail mary. the first fumble they called an icomplete pass was a fumble. i hate the tuck rule so much. a fumble is a fumble

Northern_Blitz
02-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Whis & the Cards were good out there.

If Whis was the Steeler HC, chances are we'd still be 'wooohoooing'.

But who doesn't love Tomlin now?? :tt1

Big props to Whis for the interview he gave after the game. Basically said that we stepped up and they gave us too much time. No complaining at all. That's how you man up.

RussBII
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm absolutely amazed by Fitzgerald's speed... and Warners release time. I'm shocked that anyone can beat them. If they had got to Fitz earlier and more often he would've broken a few big plays. Amazing.

Whiz had his team ready to play, and they played. We barely won that game, and a lot of folks will say we didn't deserve to win (to them i say "Six, b1tches!"). The Cards should start to get a following now, they're a real team and they totally deserve it.

Looks like its up to the Bengals to continue the laughing stock tradition.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
No kidding, that offense is crazy good. They said "What? You don't give up 300 yards of offense like ever? Well we are gonna put up 400 on your as$es." And they did. Geez, our D got worked like never before. And the team perservered. What a win.