PDA

View Full Version : Hines>Tonio ... Passing of the Torch?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:15 AM
It's not like I want it so, but I wonder ...

LouSteel
02-02-2009, 12:20 AM
It's really possible.

I mean, he is the wrong side of 30.

I think he's going to become the second option from now on, but he's still got the hands and toughness to go a long way in this league.

Mel Blount's G
02-02-2009, 12:24 AM
I hear you but here's my thoughts

- There will never be another #86. He will go down as one of the all-time steeler greats. I look forward to him finishing his career as a Steeler and passing on to our younger players what can't be coached - passion, intensity and love of the game
- Holmes just silenced any doubt that he is a superstar as well as our #1 receiver and that trading up to get him was a great move. I don't know if it's been mentioned much but over the course of this year it's become obvious to me that tone has extraordinary hands. We've all seen his speed and route running but damn if he doesn't smoothly snatch all of those bullets fired by Ben and make it look easy

Chachi
02-02-2009, 12:50 AM
It is official......torch.......passed.

:Beer :Beer :Boobs :Boobs

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Are you guys serious???

Santonio and Ward are perfect compliments to each other . . . Ward is the possession guy and Holmes is the explosive guy.

IF you are looking at the stats . . . i see Holmes becoming the 80 catch guy BUT Ward will still have 60 catches in him.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Tonio proved today that he can be a possession guy...

Loved his TD celebration.... (you've seen the Lebron commericals with the powder....)

ground-n-pound
02-02-2009, 01:06 AM
I hope that 86 doesnt pass the torch so soon. #10 & #86 are a great combination and hines does not appear old (nfl standards) at all. Season after season he makes great catches and powerful hits. I hope he stays for many more seasons.

Bandito
02-02-2009, 05:33 AM
I hope Sweed learns from them and have a Pro Bowl year next season. :tt1

I don't recall seeing Mendenhall at all on the game sideline.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
santonio had the year we all thought he would. only it came in the postseason not the regular season and i will take that any day!!!