PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin is unbelievable

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
The postgame interview was just outstanding. He pumped me up even more. He gave all kinds of credit to the team. Just an outstanding coaching job by the entire staff (excluding the hiccup on the Fitz td).

Preparation is key. Tomlin had the entire roster ready to step up. He deserves credit first and foremost (along with Rooney for hiring him.).

What a great coach.

Lets bring home #7. Back to Back baby. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Legendary.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Chadman is seriously considering changing his name to "Tomlinrocks" to aptly fit his mood..

Steelgal
They said he didn't even touch/hold the trophy yet. How insane is that???

steeld95
Tomlin had our team ready to play. I thought our game plan was great. We attacked when we should have. Great game plan by the whole staff!

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Bill WHO?

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Guess the organization made the right call again. Congrats to the Steelers.

Chachi
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I thought I saw a thread around here where agdi posted something along the lines of.....

"If Tomlin wins the NEXT game....then I will believe he was a good hire." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:14 AM
I thought I saw a thread around here where agdi posted something along the lines of.....

"If Tomlin wins the NEXT game....then I will believe he was a good hire." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha. No more next games. I guess if he goes undefeated in preseason maybe he will qualify.

I like how tomlinsucks said "Lets see when it comes time to re-up his contract." :wft :shock: Idiot.

mshifko
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
he's the man...no doubt about it...this one was SWEET

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:18 AM

shif....what up man!!!!! We freakin did it!!!!

How's it feel to be a champion again!?? Raise hel! in C-BUS!!!!!!! I ain't lettin my neighborhood sleep. Gonna let out a big WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO again shortly when I let my dog out

Legendary.

Steelerphile
02-02-2009, 12:23 AM
What can LasvegasGuy, Tomlinsucks and the rest of clowns possibly say now? They didn't blow them out, so they need to get rid of Tomlin? The objections have been whittled down to nothing.

I respect Cowher but I think I prefer Tomlin because he is a more aggressive coach. Two divisions titles and a SuperBowl victory in his second season should answer all the critics.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:24 AM
What can LasvegasGuy, Tomlinsucks and the rest of clowns possibly say now? They didn't blow them out, so they need to get rid of Tomlin? The objections have been whittled down to nothing.

I respect Cowher but I think I prefer Tomlin because he is a more aggressive coach. Two divisions titles and a SuperBowl victory in his second season should answer all the critics.

It won't answer the critics- they'll complain that Tomlin inherited a team ready to win.

Big deal- Chadman suggests you let those posters sulk & moan while we actually enjoy the victory.

ColumbusSteelerFan
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM

shif....what up man!!!!! We freakin did it!!!!

How's it feel to be a champion again!?? Raise hel! in C-BUS!!!!!!! I ain't lettin my neighborhood sleep. Gonna let out a big WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO again shortly when I let my dog out

Legendary.

Oh yeah, gotta love wearing the Black and Gold around here after ANOTHER championship. It'll be so much fun to tease the Bungles and Clowns fans when I get back to work on Tuesday. Next up - back to back baby!!! :tt2

Steelerphile
02-02-2009, 12:32 AM

It won't answer the critics- they'll complain that Tomlin inherited a team ready to win.

Big deal- Chadman suggests you let those posters sulk & moan while we actually enjoy the victory.

I said "should answer all the critics". I don't actually think it will. They will always find some way to discredit whatever the accomplishment is. I hear you though. I will enjoy the victory in spite of the negativity of those.

Steelhere10
02-02-2009, 12:42 AM

"If Tomlin wins the NEXT game....then I will believe he was a good hire." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you won't see them haters for a while.

AngryAsian
02-02-2009, 12:43 AM

That's what blows about his departure from this board... no humble pie eating. :lol:

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 12:45 AM

That's what blows about his departure from this board... no humble pie eating. :lol:

Yeah it was so obvious that Whiz was a better coach than Tomlin.

bostonsteeler
02-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Actually, it seemed fairly evident that the Cards had gameplanned very well for the Steeler's D and O, both.
It's just that in the end you cant gameplan Ben.

This game was not won on superior coaching in strategy. It was won on Ben's ability and Santonio's alertness.

I wouldn't use this SB to rate Tomlin higher OR lower than Whiz. Both did a great job.

AngryAsian
02-02-2009, 01:47 AM

Actually, it seemed fairly evident that the Cards had gameplanned very well for the Steeler's D and O, both.

This game was not won on superior coaching in strategy. It was won on Ben's ability and Santonio's alertness.

I wouldn't use this SB to rate Tomlin higher OR lower than Whiz. Both did a great job.

The comments were made as a mockery to the assertion by a former poster that Tomlin would only receive "great coach" status and "the right choice by the Rooneys" on the pretense that Tomlin wins over Whiz.

SteelerOfDeVille
02-02-2009, 02:02 AM
I WAS dissapointed in the FG to start the game...

I also questioned Fitz's TD (jump ball with Ike). That ball touched the ground. I might have challenged it.

Otherwise, well called game...

mshifko
02-02-2009, 02:05 AM
we were prepared, loose, battle tested, and came through in the clutch...tomlin had a lot to do with that

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM

Don't expect any class acts from those guys. Their hatred of Tomlin has nothing to do with wins and losses.

Right now they are hoping for a Bill Cowher-like post Super Bowl flop season so they can claim to be so right about Tomlin.

MeetJoeGreene
02-02-2009, 09:13 AM

I also questioned Fitz's TD (jump ball with Ike). That ball touched the ground. I might have challenged it.

I was really surprised he didn't go for it as well.

Also, at the party we were at we were SCREAMING for a challenge on that play. It did look like it....

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 09:24 AM

Also, at the party we were at we were SCREAMING for a challenge on that play. It did look like it....

I think it was the smart play to kick the FG. No evidence all season long that we could have punched it in. Until we replace Kemo and Stapleton then I'm not sure that our OL can move the LOS even one yard in those situations.

frankthetank1
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM

I think it was the smart play to kick the FG. No evidence all season long that we could have punched it in. Until we replace Kemo and Stapleton then I'm not sure that our OL can move the LOS even one yard in those situations.

thats what i was saying. everyone i was watching the game with couldnt believe it. we are the worst team in the nfl in short yardage and it was so early in the game. i was dissapointed but it was the smart call

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Hot off the press: I have just found out that all the credit that Tomlin is getting is unfounded and "he will be making a mistake" and keeping Bruce Arians as the OC.

We now should seriously begin questioning his judgement and ability to evaluate his coaches.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Hot off the press: I have just found out that all the credit that Tomlin is getting is unfounded and "he will be making a mistake" and keeping Bruce Arians as the OC.

We now should seriously begin questioning his judgement and ability to evaluate his coaches.

Yeah, just like everyone was all over Colbert for the Spaeth/Sepulveda draft 2 minutes after. Well I haven't been an Arians fan but I've come to the realization he isn't going anywhere. If he can just employ a real blocking FB, I'd likely temper my hatred towards him. But whatever...anyway, alot of the Tomlin haters are playing this game:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpg

ASIAN: That's a dope a$$ sig...

BURGH86STEEL
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM

I agree that Whiz has done a good job with the Cards. Someone pretty much said Tomlin was the wrong choice over Whiz. That was because he preferred the Rooneys to hire Whiz over Tomlin. After the Card's 1st playoff win, he came around tooting a horn that the Rooneys made the wrong choice. He had a personal agenda. I hope he is happy with Tomlin now.

Games are usually won by the players on the field. Up to this point, IMO Tomlin has been the better coach/leader.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM

Arians playcalling was EXCELLENT in the SB. Yeah- hang Chadman out for that if you like- but the problems that the Steelers experienced in the 2nd half were more to do with personnel than scheme. The interior of the OL couldn't hold the Cards DT's & there was simply no running game as a result.

Arians use of Heath Miller in the first half was what we've all been screaming for.

Give him an OL that can hold up on run blocking, give Arians a RB that runs with some sort of power, and put a fullback in that can block somewhat better than Davis.

If Arians buggers that up- then Chadman is in your camp on Arians.

Oviedo
02-02-2009, 10:13 AM

Arians playcalling was EXCELLENT in the SB. Yeah- hang Chadman out for that if you like- but the problems that the Steelers experienced in the 2nd half were more to do with personnel than scheme. The interior of the OL couldn't hold the Cards DT's & there was simply no running game as a result.

Arians use of Heath Miller in the first half was what we've all been screaming for.

Give him an OL that can hold up on run blocking, give Arians a RB that runs with some sort of power, and put a fullback in that can block somewhat better than Davis.

If Arians buggers that up- then Chadman is in your camp on Arians.

I'm sure that those in the know will deem that you too are "on" something.

Oviedo
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
When you think about it in the purest terms how could Tomlin not be the man when Chuck Noll beget Tony Dungy who beget MIKE TOMLIN.

Tomlin being a Super Bowl winning coach for the Steelers is just an alignment of the stars.