PDA

View Full Version : Chadman's SUPER Shoutouts...

Chadman
02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Willie Colon- Dude gave up nothing at RT today.

Max Starks- Dude gave up nothing at LT today. :tt2

LaMaar Woodley- AWESOME game- Constant, excellent pressure off the edge.

Heath Miller- The most underrated NFL player in the game.

Carey Davis- Yeah, Carey Davis, for breaking up that potential INT from the tipped ball at the Cards 1- NOBODY other than Ben in front of that Cards player- that could have easily been a Pick 6 if not for Davis' hustle.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Ummm yeah...Carey Davis could be the play of the game.

I agree with Heath.

Ben is the man though. Holmes might've been MVP, but Ben had to get the ball there.

Legendary.

Mel Blount's G
02-02-2009, 12:06 AM
I give a shout out to the Chadman but....the entire o-line, including Maximillon, were beat soundly on run blocking. Their D line seemed to be in our backfield on every run play. That said MaX IMPROVED over the course of the year and I say sign him to a fair contract and let Marvel and his poor spine walk.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:09 AM
I give a shout out to the Chadman but....the entire o-line, including Maximillon, were beat soundly on run blocking. Their D line seemed to be in our backfield on every run play. That said MaX IMPROVED over the course of the year and I say sign him to a fair contract and let Marvel and his poor spine walk.

Beaten on the interior- yes.

When Parker bumped it outside- both Starks & Colon (Yeah- with the help of Heath Miller), were fine.

Iron Shiek
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM

Beaten on the interior- yes.

When Parker bumped it outside- both Starks & Colon (Yeah- with the help of Heath Miller), were fine.

Heath was pancaking people! Would you like some syrup with that you bastages!!!

Legendary.

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
It would be remiss of Chadman not to add a couple of adversaries to the list-

Darnell Dockett was excellent. What a great game from him today.

And he might be 7000 years old, but that Warner guy is a pretty decent QB, ain't he?

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Max Starks has played one level below PRO BOWL level at Left Tackle this season.

If he's motivated to stay in shape and to play this game, I say he's our future LT so we can address the interior of our Line.

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!

Mel Blount's G
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Warner knows the game with a coach-like perspective and I don't think it should go unnoticed what a briliant job our secondary did of keeping fitz and company relatively quiet for 3 quarters. That offense is going to be explosive for years especially if Leinhart can get his head outta his rear AND they can keep both Bouldin AND Breaston (Warner may pack it in and those 2 wr's are fa's I believe)

Chadman
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Well, the Steelers pick 32nd now- hard to find a STARTING quality LT at #32, so Max Starks is looking like the best option more & more...

Mel Blount's G
02-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Well, the Steelers pick 32nd now- hard to find a STARTING quality LT at #32, so Max Starks is looking like the best option more & more...
Is trading up an option for a stud ot?

SidSmythe
02-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Is trading up an option for a stud ot?

I think Starks is our best option . . . our weakness is on the interior line. We need to address those positions if we want to be a running team again.