PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone's morning going so far?

Iron Shiek
02-01-2009, 11:04 AM
We've had threads about this on what everyone was going to do for their Sunday morning routine. But now that we are in full fledged pre game mode, what's goin on????

Well fell asleep on the couch with my girlfriend, and just stayed there all night. My brother in Cleveland texted me at 4 am saying "Go Federer." I'm like :wft . I put ESPN2 on and Australian Open tennis final is on. I couldn't believe he was watchin it. Anyway, fell back asleep til 6 am, and it was over. I was too anxious to sleep. So I watched the rest of the tennis match...outstanding match. Nadal and Federer is a great rivalry, always entertaining, and I only usually watch tennis for the Grandslam finals pretty much.

Anyway, kids woke up. I did some stuff around the house and then ran 2 miles on the treadmill, did some other stuff like pull ups/push ups/sit ups (no weight lifting apparatus in my house). I'm too amped, I could've ran for another 3 or 4 miles.

Anyway, sitting here just not knowing what to do with myself now. Back to the Future is on, will watch that for a while. Can't watch the pregame stuff just yet, too much of it just frustrates me.

Anyway, anyone do anything out of the ordinary.

Oh, and when I let my dog out this morning at 7 am I let out a giant WOOOOOO! and Here We Go Steelers Here We Go...super loud and it echoed in my neighborhood. Wake up Everyone!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Going to church now. Got my Superbowl XL tee shirt on under the "regular" shirt. It will take all my strength and willpower when they ask "Any announcements?" to not jump up, rip off my regular shirt and yell at the top of my lungs -

"GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!"

I'll give it my best shot, but no guarantees ...

Steeler Expat
02-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I was marathon training during the last run and Sundays had been my long training run days. I remember running 15 miles on Super Bowl XL Sunday morning and being tired as hell when the game was over. I couldn't stay up and enjoy all the post game coverage as I passed out on the couch an hour after the game.

Today, since I'm not training for a race, I'm only going to do 7 miles in honor of Ben Roethlisberger. It will also get me away from this awful ESPN pregame show for a while. These guys are a just painful to watch.

I don't know how players deal with such nerves, I've got butterflies in my stomach already!

Discipline of Steel
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I just got up and Im hung over. Stayed out late last night and made sure to drink plenty of beers so I could 'sleep' in this morning. Now theres 8 hours to go and Im planning to do something constructive like painting (with ESPN in the background) to pass the time.

AngryAsian
02-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Resting from a pseudo-hangover from last night's drinking efforts at a sports club that was airing the fights (BJ Penn was completely out-classed by GSP). Went to breakfast at I-Hop with the wife and daughter. Not motivated to go the gym this morning. This is a weekend of decadence. Now just rehydrating and watching FROST/NIXON on my DVD player. I'll be watching movie after movie until game time.... can't watch anything regarding the game... these last couple of hours is killing me!!!

Flasteel
02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Drinking coffee out of my XL championship mug and have the NFL Network on in the background. I've been fielding calls from friends about the game and am just about to immerse myself in some not-so exhilarating reading/ coursework.

Jooser
02-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Got up and made the fam breakfast, made coffee, and then ran up to the Steelers cave and cleaned it top to bottom. Everything's in place, ready to rock. I'm going to go fire up the grill in about 2 hours. Right now, I'm getting ready to watch the AFCCG. That'll be a nice primer don't ya think? The day is moving in slo mo right now. ARGH!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/polamalu-si-cover.jpg

D-Fense!! :Clap :Clap D-Fense!!

Lebsteel
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
[quote="ASIAN"]Resting from a pseudo-hangover from last night's drinking efforts at a sports club that was airing the fights (BJ Penn was completely out-classed by GSP). quote]

Asian, how did you like Machida? Awesome strike to end the fight! I was pretty confident that GSP would outclass Penn. Next up for GSP...Anderson Silva. I'd love to see that fight. Ok, back to the thread....I went to church and it was awesome to see about five people wearing Ward, Polamalu and Ben jerseys! Then stopped by the local Kroger and ran into a couple of friends that are Browns and Bengals fans. They had some choice words when I asked them if they were rooting for the Steelers! I loved it!!! :tt1 Then as I got further into the store, a felt a big smile come across my face as I saw numerous Steeler fans proudly wearing their jerseys throughout the store! It's pretty cool because our town is only 25 miles north of Cincinnati!! On the way home, I was listening to ESPN and some dude was saying that the Steelers have never seen an offense as good as the Cardinals and they were going to have trouble stopping them. We will see.... :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Back from church. Excommunicated. Obla-Di, Obla-dah.

Dad coming over 6PM EST. Paperwork in the meantime. Then chili. IC. 6th Ring.

Should be a good day.

Steelgal
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I tried to listen to ESPN, but after the debate on whether Roethlisberger would be an 'elite' quarterback if he wins, I lost it. I was yelling at the tv, already, telling Jaws he was an idiot. So dh promptly turned the channel.

Did a little housework and went to the store. Now I"m trying to listen to NFLN, but Marshall Faulk isn't making it easy. He gives us NOOOO credit and has a love-fest with Warner :loser

ColumbusSteelerFan
02-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Wore my Steelers tie to Mass this morning. Started working on the kitchen and found our sink is leaking. Oh boy. Not to worry - cleaned up for now and will deal with later. Today is our day and I'm not letting anything ruin it!!! Working on the food and drinks will come soon. HERE WE GO!!!

steelsnis
02-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Went to Costco, loaded up on some goodies and then went to the driving range to hit some balls. It's a veritable heat wave here in Central PA today at 40+ degrees outside.

That got a few hours out of the way, now we're in the home stretch baby!!! Let's get it on!

Lebsteel
02-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Went to Costco, loaded up on some goodies and then went to the driving range to hit some balls. It's a veritable heat wave here in Central PA today at 40+ degrees outside.

That got a few hours out of the way, now we're in the home stretch baby!!! Let's get it on!

The weather has been so bad here in southern Ohio, I haven't even thought about going to the driving range. I've only been putting in the living room. Hey, I grew up in Bloomsburg, do you know where that is?

Wolfhound45
02-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Watched SB XIV (on DVR) last night. Amazing how similar the style of TB and BR are. Loved it.

Went to church this morning. Talked with a friend who was wearing his Steelers tie during the service (Fayetteville, NC - not Pittsburgh). Wearing the home BR jersey, watching NFLN now. Pretty decent coverage actually.

Looking forward to a good game from our guys.

Snatch98
02-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I tried to listen to ESPN, but after the debate on whether Roethlisberger would be an 'elite' quarterback if he wins, I lost it. I was yelling at the tv, already, telling Jaws he was an idiot. So dh promptly turned the channel.

Did a little housework and went to the store. Now I"m trying to listen to NFLN, but Marshall Faulk isn't making it easy. He gives us NOOOO credit and has a love-fest with Warner :loser

Faulk drives me up the wall as does Jaws. I can't stomach either for long even when they aren't talking about the Steelers.

Djfan
02-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Started with a fan club BBQ last night, couldn't sleep, got to the fan club at 9am PST and people were already here holding seats.

About 20 people here so far, 1:37 PST.

THIS IS HEINZ WEST BABY!!!

eniparadoxgma
02-01-2009, 06:02 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!