PDA

View Full Version : Where will you be watching the game?

stlrz d
02-01-2009, 09:51 AM
NKy recommended Mario's to me http://www.mariospgh.com/.

I'm going to go scout it out just to make sure I like what I see, but the website says they are smoke free so that weighs HEAVILY in their favor.

Yes Sir!

:tt2

NorthCoast
02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately I have to work this Sunday for perhaps only the 2nd time in my career. I am trying to figure out how to sneak out unnoticed. I will have internet so hopefully I can catch something there.

JAR
02-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Mario's is a good place to watch it. I'd call them though because some places are having reserved seating only. Here's another heads up...

Police to close some streets after Super Bowl ends
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

More than 400 law enforcement officers will be on patrol when the Super Bowl ends tonight, focusing on the South Side, Oakland and Downtown.

Police will close streets in several neighborhoods at the start of the fourth quarter, or around 9 p.m.

Downtown, intersections along Fort Duquesne Boulevard, Grant Street and Fort Pitt Boulevard will be closed, effectively sealing off the Golden Triangle.

Until postgame revelry dies down, the only points of entry or exit will be at Grant Street and the Boulevard of the Allies and at 10th Street and Liberty Avenue. People who live or work Downtown will be allowed in, but others will not.

Other street closures:

In Oakland, numerous intersections along Forbes and Fifth avenues and Sennott Street.

In the Strip District, several intersections along Smallman Street and Penn Avenue, from 13th to 20th streets.

On the North Shore, the intersections of West General Robinson Street and Mazeroski Way; West General Robinson and Federal Street; Federal and Isabella streets; and Federal and Reedsdale streets.

On the South Side, 41 intersections, stretching from 10th and East Carson streets to 28th and East Carson, and along Sarah and Bingham streets.

Iron Shiek
02-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Watching at home with my kids. THey are finally into the game I think (at least my son...he is 7 my daughter is 5). But I've been hyping the game for two weeks with them, and told them they would have their own towels and they already have their jerseys and I bought those eye black stickers that say Steelers on them for em. So they have been asking for a week and a half if its time to wear the stickers.

I can't wait til it starts. I have the IC Light, the food will be getting prepared in a while. I am amped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acero
02-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I'll be watching with my pop (Dallas fan), my brothers (Bears and 49ers) and my wife (49ers fan) at my pop's. I'll be the lone Steeler fan there, but I'm bringing enough Terrible Towels for everyone. I got a six-pack of Terrible Towels in the mail Friday (4 gold, 2 black) and will be breaking them in for Super Bowl XLIII!!!

Oh and I will be eating and drinking non-stop all day long!

Iron Shiek
02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I'll be watching with my pop (Dallas fan), my brothers (Bears and 49ers) and my wife (49ers fan) at my pop's. I'll be the lone Steeler fan there, but I'm bringing enough Terrible Towels for everyone. I got a six-pack of Terrible Towels in the mail Friday (4 gold, 2 black) and will be breaking them in for Super Bowl XLIII!!!

Oh and I will be eating and drinking non-stop all day long !

I am really really tempted to crack open an IC Light already...tryin to wait til at least noon, but don't think it will happen.

stlrz d
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Good info JAR...thanks!

Jooser
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I'll be sitting here in my Steelers cave like always. The kids have on their BB and Troy jerseys already. The chili was made last night, gonna throw some bratz on the grill. I'll probably be logging on to chat a bit early as well!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/steelers.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/hellya.gif

steelz09
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
The kickin' chickin' in charleston,sc

Steelers are undefeated since year each time I've gone there :tt1

jj28west
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I have done the House Parties, Connecticut Sports Bars, Steeler Bars, for most of the past 20 or so events. This one I am going to stand 5 feet from the TV and concentrate. I may even turn off audio because Madden tends to talk to the audience like they are 5 years old so they understand the game in general.

I know I am a bit anal but phones get shut off, and my wife already has her netflix movies she can watch upstairs.

If the Steelers lose....my friends (all cowboy/giant/pats* fans) know I dont want to talk about football for at least a week

I cant get over these things easily and the "its only a game that you have no control over" talk simply does not work with me. Tell me to get a life and I say this is a part of my life as pathetic as it may sound.

buckeyehoppy
02-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Gonna enjoy drinks at a couple Steelers bars here in Cleveland (Rivals in Middleburg Heights and the Blue Moose in Parma), then heading to Akron for the stroking of the mojo and the taking of Lombardi Trophy #6.

Kick @$$!!! This is better than freaking Christmas!!!

The Pittsburgh Steelers!!! Assuming the clubhouse lead in the Lombardi Open at right around 10:00 p.m. or sooner.

Mick'sTeam
02-01-2009, 01:48 PM
NKy recommended Mario's to me http://www.mariospgh.com/.

I'm going to go scout it out just to make sure I like what I see, but the website says they are smoke free so that weighs HEAVILY in their favor.

Yes Sir!

:tt2

Mario's will be a zoo. Was in the 'Burgh for XL and that place was packed, but mostly every place was. That's why we were at the bar by 12:30. Couldn't make the trip back this year as planned. I will be watching at Fanatics here in TN, sports bar and home to the Steel City Mafia and it's founders. Can't wait.

steelernation77
02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
At the Vine in Iowa City. Small group of Steeler faithful meet there every weekend. My roommates are watching it at my house, but I need to watch the game with Steeler fans. Plus they're all rooting for Warner since he's from Iowa. :roll:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I have done the House Parties, Connecticut Sports Bars, Steeler Bars, for most of the past 20 or so events. This one I am going to stand 5 feet from the TV and concentrate. I may even turn off audio because Madden tends to talk to the audience like they are 5 years old so they understand the game in general.

I know I am a bit anal but phones get shut off, and my wife already has her netflix movies she can watch upstairs.

If the Steelers lose....my friends (all cowboy/giant/pats* fans) know I dont want to talk about football for at least a week

I cant get over these things easily and the "its only a game that you have no control over" talk simply does not work with me. Tell me to get a life and I say this is a part of my life as pathetic as it may sound.

Wish I could do that too, but what will you do for audio? (Or do you live in the 'burgh where the radio isn't delayed...)

steeld95
02-01-2009, 03:27 PM
The kickin' chickin' in charleston,sc

Steelers are undefeated since year each time I've gone there :tt1

Yep, undefeated watching games there. I will be there at 5 ready to fire that place up!!

Steelgal
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
We're watching the game at home. We were invited to a few parties, but they aren't Steeler fans, just having a party and we declined. I'm a bit too over-the-top for the regular football fan. Also hope to be on my laptop chatting with you guys as well.

I may have to break out a few drinks already too :Agree

ColumbusSteelerFan
02-01-2009, 05:16 PM
At home with the family. If the kids weren't sick we might be in the 'Burgh right now but not meant to be. Will enjoy it here just the same.