PDA

View Full Version : Any last thoughts?

Djfan
02-01-2009, 03:28 AM
The year, the tough schedule, the DPOTY, the playoffs, the refs this year, Bruce A, the Cards, the talking heads coverage of the SB, anything?

As for me - I say the media doesn't know how to cover all angles of a match up anymore.

Also - Silverback is a great example of Bill Cowher's talent judging skills not being his strongest point. Sean Morey is another example.

BURGH86STEEL
02-01-2009, 06:40 AM
The year, the tough schedule, the DPOTY, the playoffs, the refs this year, Bruce A, the Cards, the talking heads coverage of the SB, anything?

As for me - I say the media doesn't know how to cover all angles of a match up anymore.

Also - Silverback is a great example of Bill Cowher's talent judging skills not being his strongest point. Sean Morey is another example.

I do not care about the media coverage during the SB. The coverage is probably geared more towards people who do not watch football all year.

Harrison admits that he had issues when he first came into the league. Why try to knock Cowher for Harrison not playing earlier? We were not talking about such things last season. This team drafted fairly well under Cowher. This teams always drafted or brought in great LB's. I believe 10 of the 11 starters were brought in or drafted under Cowher. Kind of strange that someone would question the organizations ability to judge talent with all the success it had under Cowher.

rpmpit
02-01-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm just surprised at how many people are picking the Cards. I'm assuming its in response to the Giants upsetting the Pats last season. In any case, I'm ready to watch the Steelers dominate this game. Its gonna happen, people. Get ready!!!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

Chadman
02-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Last thoughts?

Hope the Steelers win......or it'll be a LONG offseason...

jj28west
02-01-2009, 11:07 AM
I dont want to whine but I am still concerned about Hines and wish some inside material got spilled out to the public on his status (good or bad). He is like the X factor in my opinion and the media reports cant be trusted on what they report.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Last thoughts?

Hope the Steelers win......or it'll be a LONG offseason...

OK, I can go with that!

Jooser
02-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I woke up and turned on ESPN, the first thing I heard outa sportscenter this morning was the guy (I don't know who) saying it's only like 11 more hours and we could be calling the Arizona Cardinals - World Champs. So, naturally I feel like I rolled outa the wrong side of the bed. I am pi$$ed at the media coverage this year. I can't wait until our defense angry f u c ks this team!!! LETS GO!!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/This****.jpg

Otherwise, I'm ready to go get er done!

YES SIR!

Flasteel
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah. My last thoughts involve how great it is to be a Steeler fan. In 12 hours there is a chance that I'll be drunk and angry and will not be able to focus on or care too much about that fact.

We are in a position to win the Lombardi nearly every season and are making our 7th trip to the big game to go with twice as many conference championship game appearances in my lifetime.

I could have been a Bucs fan, I could have been a Dolphins fan, and who knows, by some freak set of circumstances my family could have moved to Cleveland when I was a wee lad <shudder>.

In 12 hours however, the overwhelming probability is that the passion of my lifetime will be re-affirmed yet again.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt2 :tt2 :Boobs

buckeyehoppy
02-01-2009, 12:14 PM
We're gonna win this f---ing thing!!!

31 NFL teams hope to win the SB! The Pittsburgh Steelers EXPECT to win! That is the difference in a nutshell, friends!!!

The Pittsburgh Steelers are CHAMPIONS!!!

Discipline of Steel
02-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I can afford to be overly confident among Steeler fans as it wont be interpreted as arrogance. With that said....My final thought is that we are going to win the game. Arizona has a small chance but we will have to make a few big mistakes for them to be in position to win at the end. So No, I dont have any butterflys right now. I fully expect a Steeler victory.

MaxAMillion
02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I dont want to whine but I am still concerned about Hines and wish some inside material got spilled out to the public on his status (good or bad). He is like the X factor in my opinion and the media reports cant be trusted on what they report.

That is my concern as well. The Steeler offense won't be nearly as good if Ben doesn't have Ward on the field as his security blanket. I would be a lot more confident if Ward was healthy.

Steeler Shades
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
I think we have the talent and experience to win this. The only player that can beat us is Ben. Lets hope Ben has a Good Ben Day. 8)