PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back from Tampa

Flasteel
01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
There had to be 100,000 Steeler fans around the Channelside area; it was a very impressive scene. Started off at the Steelers hotel which was also mobbed with fans. As soon as I pulled up to the bar, Wayne Fontes was standing right next to me, then Don Shula walked by as well as a few Steeler players (Kemoeatu, Kiesel, Taylor). The whole team was supposed to be walking through this gauntlet of fans as they departed the hotel, but I got sick of waiting and left.

It was pretty cool just cruising around in the Steeler mobile jamming my rock-n-roll with the hordes of fans waving and taking pictures of the ride. At one point I was stopped by a traffic cop in front of the hotel next to the ESPN set and Chris Carter was pointing out my Jeep to one of his buddies. I just pointed back and kept jamming.

Great time! :Boobs

Snatch98
01-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Pics of said ride? and Very cool.

Flasteel
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Pics of said ride? and Very cool.

Here's the thread where I posted my first pics:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4531&hilit=steeler+mobile (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4531&hilit=steeler+mobile)
I had the flags flying on there today as well (although I lost one on the way back when I accidentally rolled down the wrong window...DOH!)

Djfan
01-31-2009, 09:34 PM
(although I lost one on the way back when I accidentally rolled down the wrong window...DOH!)

I can't tell you how many times I have done that!

proudpittsburgher
01-31-2009, 09:46 PM
(although I lost one on the way back when I accidentally rolled down the wrong window...DOH!)

I can't tell you how many times I have done that!

well, I CAN tell you how many times I'VE done it . . . 3. :)

costanza2k1
01-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Man, I hope you have some pictures of the scene to share...I would love to see what that place looks like right now!

Snatch98
01-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Bad a$$ jeep.

stlrz d
02-01-2009, 09:45 AM
That's why I don't do car flags. :D

Iron Shiek
02-01-2009, 11:24 AM
That sounds awesome Flasteel. I'm not surprised you didn't see any Stains players/coaches...they wouldn't know their way to a Super Bowl if you drew em a map.

buckeyehoppy
02-01-2009, 11:40 AM
That sounds awesome Flasteel. I'm not surprised you didn't see any Stains players/coaches...they wouldn't know their way to a Super Bowl if you drew em a map.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True Dat, IS!!!

Flas, that ride is awesome!!!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1