PDA

View Full Version : Ben will be the difference for good or bad

Captain Lemming
01-31-2009, 11:01 AM
If Ben plays up to his ability, we cannot lose.
Warner, Fitz...it wont matter, we will win.

But if Ben is not on his game he can, through mistakes be the difference in a Card win.

If at games end, Bens stat line has a zero in the turnover column, he will have led the Steelers to championship number six.

SteelHead
01-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Can't really argue with that logic. Ben is THE key to this game , we already know what to expect from the D. I believe in Ben and you know he wants to help his team in the big game this time around , hopefully he doesn't put too much pressure on himself. Just play loose and confident like he has in the playoffs and he'll be coming back to Pittsburgh with another ring and an MVP trophy.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I think he held back from scrambling too much in the regular season due to injuries. I think he won't hold back in that department either. I wouldn't be surprised to see him tacke off a couple times for first downs running the ball. Hope he doesn't get nuts and end up getting jacked up.

Steeler Shades
01-31-2009, 12:42 PM
I partially agree with this, but it also has to do with how well our defense can prevent the Cards from scoring. If, and I did say if, the cards can put up 24+ points on our defense then there will be a ton of pressure on Ben to MAKE plays and that in turn could lead to some bad decisions (TOs). If the Cards can put up a lot of points AND Ben turns the ball over then it could get ugly. Lets hope that our defense can hold down the score so that Ben (and our offense) doesn't get into a "shooting match' with them. 8)

SteelHead
01-31-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not in the slightest worried about our Defense and that's not to say the Cards offense isn't scary , they are , but our D is straight up nasty. They want to be known as one of the greatest and this is setting up to be a great opportunity to prove that , what with everyone on the Cards offenses jock like they are the next "greatest show on turf". They will make plays and score SOME points but our D is gonna smack them in the mouth. Bet on it.

sd steel
01-31-2009, 02:58 PM
This game will be all on Ben. But knowing that he didn't throw a pick in the playoffs, especially going against Ed Reed, and Cromartie, I don't see him throwing a pick tomorrow unless it is deflected or fluky.

I know it sounds silly, but fumbles don't affect us like interceptions, (although they are both turnovers), interceptions get in our head, where fumbles seem like something we can overcome.

I know that observation seems insane, but I feel an interception is usually a forced error where Ben starts questioning himself, and the team knows that, whereas a fumble is more of a physical error than a mental one.