PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think has a bigger worldwide fanbase? STEELERS or

feelthesteel
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Cowboys? i say Steelers but what is fact.
debate at work.

AkronSteel
01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I think the Steelers are right up there with the Yankees for world wide fan base! There are Steelers fans everywhere, from Beijing to Paris to Mexico City!! I think the only team that out does the Steelers as far as fans in all of sports is the Yankees!

:2c

SteelerOfDeVille
01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
It's actually pretty close between the Steelers and Cowgirls...

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM

How many Cowboys bars are there around the US and in other countries?

I think that's a great measuring stick. If someone can open a business and make money by primarily catering to one fan base (in so many different states and countries) then there's your answer.

Discipline of Steel
01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Brazilian National Soccer team

100$handshake
01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
worldwide? Manchester United.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-30-2009, 07:42 PM

How many Cowboys bars are there around the US and in other countries?

I think that's a great measuring stick. If someone can open a business and make money by primarily catering to one fan base (in so many different states and countries) then there's your answer.
don't know the count, but, they have a lot... we just overlook them - LOL

steelernation77
01-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Cowgirl fans are fairweather. Really, every one of them i met is not a real devout follower of the team.

Djfan
01-31-2009, 12:14 AM

Or Chivas.

buckeyehoppy
01-31-2009, 12:52 AM

I gotta believe the Steelers are in the top 5, at least, worldwide among all sports.

Man U is definitely there. The Suckees probably are, too.

After that, perhaps Liverpool FC, Chelsea, Real Madrid, who knows? I would think the Steelers and Suckees are the two non-soccer teams in the top 5.

Djfan
01-31-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree that MU is huge, but consider the population of Mexico and Central America, as well as many in the US, and Chivas has to be considered.

buckeyehoppy
01-31-2009, 01:35 AM
I agree that MU is huge, but consider the population of Mexico and Central America, as well as many in the US, and Chivas has to be considered.

You have a legit point there, DJ. The Mexican League doesn't get its due, by and large. But Chivas is probably the premiere Futbol squad in the Western hemisphere.

msp26505
01-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Cowgirl fans are fairweather. Really, every one of them i met is not a real devout follower of the team.

Your sig pic looks a little like Franco in the face.

Flasteel
01-31-2009, 01:05 PM

You have a legit point there, DJ. The Mexican League doesn't get its due, by and large. But Chivas is probably the premiere Futbol squad in the Western hemisphere.

Well don't forget about the popularity of the Steelers throughout Mexico. The Hombres de Acero are numero uno!