PDA

View Full Version : What I just don't understand

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 01:17 PM
is if some of the "experts" really believe the Cards are that good. Especially the ones that give their offense the edge over our defense.

The Cards offense was ranked 4th this season.

The Steelers defense was ranked 1st this season, but more importantly is ranked up there with the best defenses in the history of the NFL. Yes, this is an historic defense we have here. Not a good one. Not a great one. An historic one. That's a fact!

That's not me being a fan, it is me pointing out what should be obvious to some of these people.

Seriously, if the Cards win this game it will go down as one of the greatest upsets of all time and it's because the Steelers defense is that amazing! That's a fact!

rpmpit
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Its like what everyone has been saying. Its all hype to get the public to believe this game will be competitive. It won't be. We roll :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Its like what everyone has been saying. Its all hype to get the public to believe this game will be competitive. It won't be. We roll :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

It's driving me crazy, you know? I mean the AZ offense doesn't even come close to comparing to some of the great offenses in the history of the NFL. Not even close! And their D allowed (without looking) something like 426 points this season.

If the Cards had an offense like the '98 Vikings (556 points scored compared to the Cards 427) I might be more concerned. But they're not only not on the same block as the Vikings, they're lost in a bad neighborhood and about to get mugged!

Seriously, it's ridiculous! And it's pissing me off!

I mean, in an era in the NFL that favors offense this defense allowed just under 14 points per game. That is just sick!!!

But Fitz can jump really high so we should all be scared. :roll:

feltdizz
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
I've had a calmness about this SB. Pretty much since we lost to the Colts I have believed we were heads and shoulders above the rest "as long as didn't turn the ball over" we could play with anyone.

kinda weird but in the playoffs I wasn't anxious... I know we can blow teams away but I also know we are capable of making a game closer then it needs to be.

I'm not over looking the SB though.... this is were stars are born. We have to shut Fitzgerald down.

rpmpit
01-30-2009, 01:35 PM

It's driving me crazy, you know? I mean the AZ offense doesn't even come close to comparing to some of the great offenses in the history of the NFL. Not even close! And their D allowed (without looking) something like 426 points this season.

If the Cards had an offense like the '98 Vikings (556 points scored compared to the Cards 427) I might be more concerned. But they're not only not on the same block as the Vikings, they're lost in a bad neighborhood and about to get mugged!

I mean, in an era in the NFL that favors offense this defense allowed just under 14 points per game. That is just sick!!!

I think Clark will have something to say about Fitz jumping really high :twisted:

On the 14 points per game thing...did you hear Sapp and Lynch talking about their defense during their championship run?? Said they gave up 12 points a game that year. WOW! I remember them being good, but not THAT good. I think our overpaid janitor was on that staff :lol:

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM

I think Clark will have something to say about Fitz jumping really high :twisted:

On the 14 points per game thing...did you hear Sapp and Lynch talking about their defense during their championship run?? Said they gave up 12 points a game that year. WOW! I remember them being good, but not THAT good. I think our overpaid janitor was on that staff :lol:

Yes I heard that and I kept thinking that ours was not that far behind them.

If the Steelers win this game people will be talking about this D being historic. What's a shame is that it already is and should be recognized as such.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
something like 426 points this season.

They have scored 1 more point than they gave up this season. :roll:

It seems that the only thing that anybody is looking at is 3 Arizona post season wins, without looking at who they beat and how they have played all year.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Well, I work in planning and part of my job is sales forecasting...and typically you give more weight to recent history. So of course, the playoffs are what is on everyone's mind and they have looked like a different team. But I'd like to think that the Cards are riding some kind of sales promotion right now and sales are spiking. But the promotion ended last weekend and sales will come back down to the baseline...aka they will get their a$$ kicked.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
the cards have two sides to them. the postseason cards and the same team that was embarrased in the regular season against the pats and eagles. this could very well be a blowout if the good cards do not show up. but like felt said the steelers for some reason keep teams in games sometimes. the afcc game should have been an absolute blowout.

papillon
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers take a 15 yarder on the first pass play from the Cards and hit Warner hard. He'll be done for the rest of the game.

The Cards are soft like these... :Boobs

Pappy

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers take a 15 yarder on the first pass play from the Cards and hit Warner hard. He'll be done for the rest of the game.

Pappy

amen. can you imagine leinhert playing his first game of the year and its in the super bowl against the best defense in the nfl

RussBII
01-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I think its a multipart thing:

1) Their recent success in the playoffs.
2) Ofense is glitzy. It gets noticed way before defense, even when you have a defense like ours. Face it, we're Steelers fans, we get off on the intricacies of watching Casey stunt so Potsie can run up the middle... most fans don't get that.
3) The media can't really slurp James Harrison and sleep at night. What's Warner gonna do to them?

Ok, so the only I really added to the thread was item #2.

feltdizz
01-30-2009, 05:15 PM
the cards have two sides to them. the postseason cards and the same team that was embarrased in the regular season against the pats and eagles. this could very well be a blowout if the good cards do not show up. but like felt said the steelers for some reason keep teams in games sometimes. the afcc game should have been an absolute blowout.

refs will keep it close...

NW Steeler
01-30-2009, 06:26 PM

refs will keep it close...

Oh no, the Steelers own the refs. We get all the calls. Just ask any Seahawk fan.

:roll:

NW Steeler
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Pappy

I dunno, the Eagles put some late hits on him and he didn't fold. But they were also winning. If the Steelers keep hitting him and the Cards O isn't having any success, then I can see Warner start to sulk, then it will be game over.

sd steel
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
My opinion is they (the media), is trying to make a game out of it. By everyone saying that the Cards could win, and talking about how great Warner is, it creates excitement about a game that might not be exciting at all. In reality it could be a huge blowout in our favor.

The only thing that even gives me seconds thoughts is the fact that Whiz and Grimm probably know us better than anyone. That being said, everyone wants to bring up last years game, Tomlins 4th game as HC, where our defense was strong but not dominant, our oline was still a mess, and we were missing some players. Believe it or not, this team is 100 times different that that team. Not to mention Roethlisberger wants to redeem himself for Super Bolwl XL. I don't think it's going to be close.

Mick'sTeam
01-30-2009, 10:21 PM
On the 6:00 Sportscenter tonight Jaws & Donovan McNabb each picked the Cards to win and Steve Young picked Pittsburgh to win 21-20. I love the fact that so many people are picking the Cards; hopefully it provides even more motivation.

Warner gets rid of the ball so fast. The key is to be physical with the AZ WR's. Philly gave Fitz a 10 yard cushion on every play. It's pretty easy to take a two step drop and pass it to him when the defender is still 8 yards away. Our D needs to be physical at the snap and disrupt that timing. We do that, and I'll feel good.

No matter what, I will be anxious and nervous, and will not be over-confident. Either way, I can't friggin' wait!!!

buckeyehoppy
01-30-2009, 11:01 PM
The "media" can say whatever the f--- they want.

The reality is that THE CARDINALS DO NOT HAVE A SUPER BOWL WORTHY DEFENSE. I have said that repeatedly the last couple weeks.

They gave up 3 TDs in under 8 minutes to the Iggles in the NFCCG. That was no accident.

They were 9-7 playing in the NFC Worst this season. That was no accident.

They will be playing the #1 D in the NFL on Sunday. That is an accident waiting to happen.

When the Steelers jump out to a double digit lead in the first quarter, the game plan better be to keep a foot on the gas. This douche nozzle BA better just keep the pressure on the Crapinals D and keep f---ing scoring.

This is the MFing SB, baybee! The last game of the year, as I understand it. The time is now for the best performance of the Steelers season!