PDA

View Full Version : Representing the Nation at Work

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Went against the dress code today and wore my Big Ben jersey. I've been pushing it all week wearing steelers gear but went over the top today. Screw it! They are lucky I didn't bring my towel.

To my amazement, others spurned the dress code too. People I didn't even know were Steeler fans are coming out in full force with jerseys and shirts. Its awesome.

I sent the picture out to my entire department yesterday (75 or so people) of the Steeler Target Practice with the Eagle/Cards/Ravens mascot in the crosshairs.

We are having a tailgate luncheon with a chili tasting contest...should be good.

Apparently there was a "feel free to wear your team's gear" rule today that I didn't know about. Because as I typed this, someone with the nerve to wear a Brady Queen jersey to work just walked by me. I did a double take and just laughed at him. What a phuckin tool.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 09:55 AM
me too i said eff the dress code. i couldnt go with a jersey but i went with a long sleeve t-shirt. i wore the same one the friday before the afcc game so im not gonna switch anything up. im also wearing my hines jersey on game day which i have worn both post season game and shaving my beard after the sb which i have been growing a week before the pats game

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
me too i said eff the dress code. i couldnt go with a jersey but i went with a long sleeve t-shirt. i wore the same one the friday before the afcc game so im not gonna switch anything up. im also wearing my hines jersey on game day which i have worn both post season game and shaving my beard after the sb which i have been growing a week before the pats game

Holy hel! man! If I did that I'd look something like this (only black hair):

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1423/1335557829_8667b68796.jpg?v=0

I keep a beard all year, but trim it often. I have gone about a week without trimming it though, so I'm catching up to Jiga's Teen Wolf look...

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Holy hel! man! If I did that I'd look something like this (only black hair):

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1423/1335557829_8667b68796.jpg?v=0

I keep a beard all year, but trim it often. I have gone about a week without trimming it though, so I'm catching up to Jiga's Teen Wolf look...

haha that is hillarious. i have had to trim it a few times so it isnt out of hand or anything.

Ozey74
01-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I got on my Steeler fleece sweatshirt while at work!!!
The moustaches are out of the office today so I wont be told to take it off.

:tt2

proudpittsburgher
01-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Wore my Troy jersey representing out here in Indiana. I know there are three more Steelers fans in my newsroom, but I was suprised when I went downstairs for a cup of coffee, and after turning the corner, I was met by someone in our finance deartment with a Lambert Jersey on. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

MeetJoeGreene
01-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I have been wearing Steeler garb all week.

Today I went opposite and instead of a jersey, wore my Steeler tie ...

SteelerNation1
01-30-2009, 10:37 AM
As ALWAYS, I am rocking my Friday Steeler gear. Today I went with my DPOY James harrison jersey. Of course, I have my terrible towel hanging out of my pocket as well.

NC Steeler Fan
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
I've been flying a Steeler car flag all week.

On Tuesday, I saw another car in the parking lot for our building with
TWO Steeler flags on it.

Welllll, I just had to fly two Steeler flags after that too! :lol:

Still haven't met the person in the other car, but someone said
it was another woman two floors down from me. I hope we get
to meet soon and high five after Sunday!! 8)

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I had this other guy come to me and say he feels like an idiot for not wearing his gear. He's a pretty high up guy on the food chain too. He said he's going home at lunch and changing! :tt2

If I see that Stains jersey dude again, I'm gonna ask him what the hel! he thinks he is doing!!! What a loser.

Djfan
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
One very cool thing about being a teacher is that they like the "relate to the kids" approach. I wear Jerseys or whatever all times, and usually wear shorts.

Today all the Steelers fans on staff (about 7 of us) are meeting to take a picture, with as many of the kids who wore something Steelers. When I get the pic it goes up here!

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 11:56 AM
I hate you guys...in the nicest way possible. :(

I want to be surrounded by Steelers fans all the time *sniff*. :(

SteelHead
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
I've got one of my favorite simple gold Steelers t-shirts and matching gold hat on today at work. Thought about the Ben throwback for today but may have been pushing it for my boss taste even though the guy is a HUGE Steeler fan himself , go figure.

Also I am still rockin my full on beard that I began growing out during our run in 2005 !

That's right , I've had it ever since ( kept nice and neat of course 8) ) , and have always said I would not shave it off until our next Championship. Let's hope my face is as smooth as a babies bottom come Monday !

GO STEELERS !!!

rpmpit
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm wearing the #58 home jersey I wore at the AFCCG. I was thinking about wearing one of my current Steeler jerseys but I don't want to mess with success. And really, you can't ever go wrong with Lambert :twisted:

NC Steeler Fan
01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Ooh, ooh!! I met the other flag flying lady in the building!

Turns out she grew up in da burgh and we made an instant
connection!

It was like meeting back up again with a long lost family member
and I've never met this woman in my life!

What other fan base can say that?

Biiiiiitchin'.....

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM

connection!

Biiiiiitchin'.....

As a South Park watcher...never mind. :D :D :D

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM

connection!

Biiiiiitchin'.....

Ha. Biiitchin'! :D

Yeah its pretty amazing. Granted we talk on this message board all the time, but SN1 and his family members didn't know me from Joe Schmoe standing on some corner. However they took me and my friend in as one of their group and were gracious tailgate hosts and even fed us and whatnot. Just outstanding comraderie amongst our fan base.

Djfan
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":zftcqzjn]Ooh, ooh!! I met the other flag flying lady in the building!

connection!

Biiiiiitchin'.....

Yeah its pretty amazing. Granted we talk on this message board all the time, but SN1 and his family members didn't know me from Joe Schmoe standing on some corner. However they took me and my friend in as one of their group and were gracious tailgate hosts and even fed us and whatnot. Just outstanding comraderie amongst our fan base.[/quote:zftcqzjn]

It makes one very proud!! I mean it when I say that my house is your house on this MB.

One of the guys in our fan club got cut off in a parking lot recently. He is kind of a hot head, so he flagged the guy over to stop and start swinging. When he pulled over behind the guy he saw that he has Steelers stuff on his car. They both noticed that about each other.

He said that it turned into two boy scouts apologizing to each other very quickly, and no harsh words ever came out.

Gotta love the nation.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 03:23 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":19dpfram]Ooh, ooh!! I met the other flag flying lady in the building!

connection!

Biiiiiitchin'.....

Yeah its pretty amazing. Granted we talk on this message board all the time, but SN1 and his family members didn't know me from Joe Schmoe standing on some corner. However they took me and my friend in as one of their group and were gracious tailgate hosts and even fed us and whatnot. Just outstanding comraderie amongst our fan base.

It makes one very proud!! I mean it when I say that my house is your house on this MB.

One of the guys in our fan club got cut off in a parking lot recently. He is kind of a hot head, so he flagged the guy over to stop and start swinging. When he pulled over behind the guy he saw that he has Steelers stuff on his car. They both noticed that about each other.

He said that it turned into two boy scouts apologizing to each other very quickly, and no harsh words ever came out.

Gotta love the nation.[/quote:19dpfram]

Ha...great story. So why don't we just convert everyone in the world into steeler fans and that would end all the wars and nonsensical violence. :tt2

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Took today off from work but have been wearing Steeler gear there for the past few weeks. Gonna be great to go back next week with SB XLIII championship gear in tow!

Chavezz
01-30-2009, 05:27 PM

connection!

Biiiiiitchin'.....

There are tons of Steeler fans in NC. I see Steeler plates on vehicles in Greenville NC all the time. Also see lots of hats, shirts and jeresys.

North Carolina is Steeler Country!

AkronSteel
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Funny story about North Carolina! The girl and I went to Myrtle Beach back in September and actually watched the first Ravens game down there about 10 feet from the beach! It rocked let me tell ya.....anyways we were on our way back and driving through NC somewhere around Winston-Salem and I had the sports talk on! There was a commercial on the radio about some sports bar and grill in the area and one of there selling points was that they have every Steelers game on the big screen.....made me smile!! I just found it funny that in the middle of Panthers country this place is selling the Steelers!!! Awesome I say....just awesome!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

Chavezz
01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Been in NC for 10 years and can honestly say I only know one Panther fan and its a girl who likes the colors...

It's amazing.

sd steel
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
I was representing on the 405 in LA today, and saw a guy with a logo on the back of his pickup as well as on his door panel. He was wearing a Steeler hat, and I had to honk to get his attention and showed him the hat I had sitting in the front seat and my Terrible Towel (I also have a Steeler Drive sign propped up prominently in my rear window year around). Then I showed him the Terrible Tie! Yes folks, as much as I am a blue collar guy, (drove a truck, Painted, unloaded airplanes), I am white collar at the time, so I had to bust loose my black and gold Steeler tie. All my operations staff and customers loved it, but I think the guy in the truck was thinking, "that guy is wearing a frickin Steeler tie!" His look was priceless!