PDA

View Full Version : This is our weakness?

Chachi
01-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Listening to Mike and Mike I Just heard a "common theme" for this game, "The Cardinals need to score early because the Steelers don't play well from behind." I've heard this thought a lot.

It didn't sound right to me so I looked through our games this year, box scores.

In all our games including playoffs the other team scored first 8 times. In those 8 games we are 7-1 with our lone loss coming against the Titans.

Plus with the 4-5 4th quarter combacks Ben was involved in, I just don't get where the talking heads get this idea.

Anything to sell the game I guess....

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 09:49 AM
that is so stupid. if they said the steelers usually dont put up a ton of points then that makes sense. if the cards jump out to a big lead then that is one thing but if its a two score lead than that is nothing.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm glad I can't access ESPN radio at work anymore. Mike and Mike can be entertaining, but they are entertainment more than they are sports knowledgable i feel.

I still miss Cowherd. I don't fall for his schtick, which is the only way you could ever appreciate him. He can be really funny and when he is being serious, he makes all the sense in the world and has reasonable opinions.

Everyone else at Espn can suck a fat one though.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm glad I can't access ESPN radio at work anymore. Mike and Mike can be entertaining, but they are entertainment more than they are sports knowledgable i feel.

I still miss Cowherd. I don't fall for his schtick, which is the only way you could ever appreciate him. He can be really funny and when he is being serious, he makes all the sense in the world and has reasonable opinions.

Everyone else at Espn can suck a fat one though.

cowherd is pretty funny and intelligent. the only reason he disses the steelers is to get calls and attention which he does the same for other teams that are very popular

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Definitely. I told this story before. But he was doing a live show in Columbus a few years back and my friend went and watched and got his autograph afterwards. And he actually got him to call me at work, but i wasn't at my desk so he left a voicemail for me. My friend told him I was a Steeler fan (this was about a year after XL victory and all of Cowherd's bashing) and he said don't believe all the crap he says, its just for radio. And I've heard him on numerous occasions in his serious times give props to the Steelers for various accomplishments including XL.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Definitely. I told this story before. But he was doing a live show in Columbus a few years back and my friend went and watched and got his autograph afterwards. And he actually got him to call me at work, but i wasn't at my desk so he left a voicemail for me. My friend told him I was a Steeler fan (this was about a year after XL victory and all of Cowherd's bashing) and he said don't believe all the crap he says, its just for radio. And I've heard him on numerous occasions in his serious times give props to the Steelers for various accomplishments including XL.

i dont understand why he does that though. the guy is good at what he does and i think he would get just as much attention and calls if he just spoke his mind and voiced his real opinions. i like mike francesa a lot even though he is arrogant but his opinions are always pretty intelligent. i mean he is bias towards nyc teams but he knows what he is talking about and what ever he says is always what he really thinks

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
More lazy "analysis" by some of the media.

Move along, nothing to see here. :roll:

ANPSTEEL
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
I would guess that what they meant was-

if the cards get up by more than 10 points.. it will be tough for the Steelers to win that game.

Not that they cant, but a shoot out- would clearly favor AZ.