PDA

View Full Version : Media Hype = Vegas bailout

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Think about it, how much money must have come down on the Steelers early. No way do the Cardnials get THIS much love otherwise. Last I checked the line was Steelers -7. For the love of god we are FAVORED. The media is either retarded or calculated. I wish I knew how much was laid down and for which team the first week opposed to this week, anyone know where or if those numbers are public?

:brownssuck <- Can we get a Seahawks & Cardnials Suck emo?

D Rock
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
before my eyes even made it to the writing in your sig, my mind was already telling me to taste the rainbow

I love it.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 09:06 AM
the bookies screwed themselves i think. if they started with a line of 4.5 or 5 and let the media hype up the cards then just as many people would bet on the cards. i bet now most people have put money on the cards not the steelers. 7 points is a ton for a super bowl

Chachi
01-30-2009, 09:34 AM
IIRC, the opening line was 6 1/2.

It moved to 7 by Tuesday.

proudpittsburgher
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
the bookies screwed themselves i think. if they started with a line of 4.5 or 5 and let the media hype up the cards then just as many people would bet on the cards. i bet now most people have put money on the cards not the steelers. 7 points is a ton for a super bowl

If a ton of people put money on the Cards, the line would have dropped, but it held steady. Now, I know that a lot of gamblers were waiting to see where the line went, and their late bets will skew it tomorrow, but remaining at 7 for most of the two-week period tells me no real money is coming in on the Cards.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM

If a ton of people put money on the Cards, the line would have dropped, but it held steady. Now, I know that a lot of gamblers were waiting to see where the line went, and their late bets will skew it tomorrow, but remaining at 7 for most of the two-week period tells me no real money is coming in on the Cards.

That's what I think to, the media is hyping the Cards in an attempt to get more money on them, call me crazy...

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
before my eyes even made it to the writing in your sig, my mind was already telling me to taste the rainbow

I love it.

Thx, Rainbows are sweet arent they!!!

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM

that makes sense. i want to put some money on the steelers but 7 points is a lot. i think im going to bet on every thing except the spread

feltdizz
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't bet.. but 7 points is a lot. We don't win many games by 7 points... that being said if I did gamble and it was throw away money I would probably bet on the Cards to cover...

with Fitzgerald there is always the dreaded Pass INT call to get them back in a game.

but I could never bet against the Steelers so......

Steeler Shades
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM

I love it.
I heard the rainbow was actually a guy. Don't know if it is true, but just the possibility is a turn off. 8)

LasVegasGuy
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM

that makes sense. i want to put some money on the steelers but 7 points is a lot. i think im going to bet on every thing except the spread

7 is not alot we beat the Chargers by 11 and the Ravens by 9. And I think the Cardinals have a worse defense then both these 2 teams. If our defense can get pressure straight up the gut this game is going to get ugly. Look for us to win by double digits if that happens.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 02:05 PM

7 is not alot we beat the Chargers by 11 and the Ravens by 9. And I think the Cardinals have a worse defense then both these 2 teams. If our defense can get pressure straight up the gut this game is going to get ugly. Look for us to win by double digits if that happens.

Yup. I'm feelin a real let down for all of these sudden "Cards" fans. Our pressure d is going to not only neutralize their O, but "fumbling Warner" will rear his ugly head I feel.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-31-2009, 12:24 AM
IIRC, the opening line was 6 1/2.

It moved to 7 by Tuesday.

That is correct. And that means that the bookmakers did a good job of setting the line. The ideal situation for them is that they never have to move the line. They only move the line when they get an inbalance of money on one team (or a key injury) and they don't want to risk an inbalance.