PDA

View Full Version : Haters across America...

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Eff em.

THey will prove everyone wrong!

Ha...see my sig for my (and Hines Ward's) response.

Discipline of Steel
01-30-2009, 12:32 AM
That map is a reflection of the drivel the media is driving down our throats about how great the AZ passing attack is.

I wonder what the poll would look like if the question was "Which player is most likely to be driven into the turf during the game?"

Kurt Warner 99%
Ben Roethlisberger 5%
Hines Ward 5%
Larry Fitzgerald 99%
Anquan Boldin 102%

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 12:33 AM
People are dumb. The media is hyping the Cards so they follow suit.

Djfan
01-30-2009, 02:58 AM

Sounds like an election I just suffered through. See, the media was pimping this one...... Aw, forget it.

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 03:05 AM

Sounds like an election I just suffered through. See, the media was pimping this one...... Aw, forget it.

I did my research before voting. Plenty of it.

Djfan
01-30-2009, 03:08 AM
[quote="stlrz d":vc2w70g5]People are dumb. The media is hyping the Cards so they follow suit.

I did my research before voting. Plenty of it.[/quote:vc2w70g5]

I love you man!! In an non-california kind of, cross country, never been in the same county as you, I only like females, kind of way!

steelernation77
01-30-2009, 03:31 AM
Kurt Warner has been a pansy all his career. I live in freakin Iowa and even I can't stand him. The Cards are sexy because they have a high powered passing attack. Well let me make one thing clear.
THAT IS NOT FOOTBALL

The Steelers will rough them up and show them the true spirit of the game, pads smashing, hard-nosed, rust-belt, football. Football is a man's game, I'll be damned if some basketball-on-grass pansies from Arizona are able to use that weak excuse for football, that west coast, NFC, bullcrap, against us. The Cardinals are going to get messed up.

Chachi
01-30-2009, 08:52 AM
I love this.

It's gonna be great to see the speed at which EVERYONE backtracks to lessen our accomplishment after we do our thing. It's what they have been doing these past 2 weeks.

Going into the season we had the agreed upon "Hardest Schedule EVER!". But now 20/20 look back? Well.....maybe not THE hardest. Although, as going by the 2008 records it turned out not to be THE Hardest, we did have the highest ranked schedule among teams with winning records. (IIRC, we had the 8th hardest schedule based on 2008 records, the 7 teams that had harder schedules all had losing records.)

Hearing about each teams respective travels to the big game I heard folks saying the Cardinals path was much harder in having to stop the hot rookie in Hotlanta, the "juggernaut" in the Panthers and then the hungry Iggles. In the same breath the Steelers were put down because they "only" had to beat an 8-8 team and a rookie QB that melted down at the end.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but, before the game with that 8-8 team, weren't every talking about how "electric" the Chargers were in their beat down of the Dolts? How everyone talked about Sproles running all over us? Rivers killing us with his arm and their Defense just playing great? That the last game was 11-10 and this one was going to be very similar?

But now, 20/20 look back? The Chargers were "only an 8-8 team". :roll:

And please correct me if I am wrong, but, going into that AFCC game wasn't the talk about how "legendary" Flacco was in the playoffs? First rookie to win 2 playoff games, did not allow a sack in those games, did not allow an interception in that game. There was a lot of talk about just maybe that Ravens Defense was better than ours. The previous 2 meetings were very close and this game would be the same?

But now, 20/20 look back? The rookie melted down. They really weren't that good.

Now, I do agree that the Cardinals did have a tougher playoff road than we did in the teams they played, but, the point is how before the fact the Chargers and Ratbirds were great team that were going to gives us a handful, now......not so much.

And when we win Sunday night they are all going to backtrack again......"Oh, the Steelers ONLY had to beat the Cardinals."

And I'm gonna LOVE IT!!!!!! :Beer

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 08:53 AM
the cards are gonna spread the steelers d out and warner will get rid of the ball quickly. if he doenst have enough time for most of the game the steelers will win. also to beat the steelers you have to have some success running the ball, i just dont see james, hightower or arrington doing anything against are d

Oviedo
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Just wait until Tomlin has us in another Super Bowl or two in the next 5 years and watch the hate really boil over.

People who associate themselves with losers will always hate winners.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Just wait until Tomlin has us in another Super Bowl or two in the next 5 years and watch the hate really boil over.

People who associate themselves with losers will always hate winners.

Um...then this hate will continue next year. I smell back to back...

And I agree with Chachi. This continued diminishment of the team's accomplishments is sickening. Some Cheaters loser was on the radio just now talking about how they had all these injuries and played with undrafted free agents and backup running backs. Wahhh!!!! F*ckface. Too bad. And the Chargers were the "hottest" team going into the playoffs and we had no chance. Its laughable people were picking them over us...on home turf.

feltdizz
01-30-2009, 11:42 AM

I guess the Owner of the Steelers was pimped as well because he bought the hype.
You didn't suffer either dude.. everyone knew who was going to win.

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Djfan - ;)

IS - I agree with the B2B. The core of this team will be very much intact next season as well. If health is on our side there is no reason to think we can't at least get back there next season.

I wanna go to Miami...anyone have access to a time share there? :D :D :D

proudpittsburgher
01-30-2009, 11:48 AM
I love this.

It's gonna be great to see the speed at which EVERYONE backtracks to lessen our accomplishment after we do our thing. It's what they have been doing these past 2 weeks.

Going into the season we had the agreed upon "Hardest Schedule EVER!". But now 20/20 look back? Well.....maybe not THE hardest. Although, as going by the 2008 records it turned out not to be THE Hardest, we did have the highest ranked schedule among teams with winning records. (IIRC, we had the 8th hardest schedule based on 2008 records, the 7 teams that had harder schedules all had losing records.)

Hearing about each teams respective travels to the big game I heard folks saying the Cardinals path was much harder in having to stop the hot rookie in Hotlanta, the "juggernaut" in the Panthers and then the hungry Iggles. In the same breath the Steelers were put down because they "only" had to beat an 8-8 team and a rookie QB that melted down at the end.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but, before the game with that 8-8 team, weren't every talking about how "electric" the Chargers were in their beat down of the Dolts? How everyone talked about Sproles running all over us? Rivers killing us with his arm and their Defense just playing great? That the last game was 11-10 and this one was going to be very similar?

But now, 20/20 look back? The Chargers were "only an 8-8 team". :roll:

And please correct me if I am wrong, but, going into that AFCC game wasn't the talk about how "legendary" Flacco was in the playoffs? First rookie to win 2 playoff games, did not allow a sack in those games, did not allow an interception in that game. There was a lot of talk about just maybe that Ravens Defense was better than ours. The previous 2 meetings were very close and this game would be the same?

But now, 20/20 look back? The rookie melted down. They really weren't that good.

Now, I do agree that the Cardinals did have a tougher playoff road than we did in the teams they played, but, the point is how before the fact the Chargers and Ratbirds were great team that were going to gives us a handful, now......not so much.

And when we win Sunday night they are all going to backtrack again......"Oh, the Steelers ONLY had to beat the Cardinals."

And I'm gonna LOVE IT!!!!!! :Beer

Out freakin' standing!
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2