PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw or Roethlisberger

SteelCrazy
01-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Watch NFLN SB XIII and give us your opinion. Go ahead and give your opinion b4 you watch and then give your opinion after.

I say Bradshaw has the edge b4 I watch SB XIII.............

msp26505
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm old enough that I don't have to watch the replays to remember Bradshaw vividly (though I am doing just that right now).

Bradshaw has the edge until Ben wins three more, but truthfully they had a lot of similarities...both big and strong-armed, both had the ability to single-handedly win or lose games because both were gamblers by nature.

Ben developed faster (remember, TB's first four years were AWFUL), but I think the true comparison can only start after Ben retires.

I feel fortunate to root for a team that had these two quarterbacks and the successes they brought.

:tt1

SteelCrazy
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm old enough to remember, but was very young, therefore my childhood opinion may be skewed.

Steel Life
01-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Love them both...but without a doubt Terry had a better arm. Seemed like he'd flick his arm & it would just fly.

fordfixer
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
But Bradshaw can't spell cat if you spotted Him the c and the t :lol:

SteelCrazy
01-29-2009, 11:28 PM
But Bradshaw can't spell cat if you spotted Him the c and the t :lol:

buti if you spotted him the cat, he could throw it 100 yds

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Ben's younger. I'll take him. :P

fordfixer
01-29-2009, 11:30 PM
That's true :lol: :tt1

Discipline of Steel
01-29-2009, 11:34 PM
I hope Ben doesnt turn out to be like Bradshaw now when he gets to be that age.

SteelCrazy
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM

What? A chrome dome?

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Love them both...but without a doubt Terry had a better arm. Seemed like he'd flick his arm & it would just fly.

Correct. His arm was just plain sick. He would throw off his wrong foot, flick it cross field and zip into someone 40 yards... Some of his throws were just unreal.

Discipline of Steel
01-30-2009, 12:26 AM

What? A chrome dome?

nah, I just dont think he's 100% pro-Steelers anymore. At least not like Lambert is...

SteelCrazy
01-30-2009, 01:08 AM
[quote="Discipline of Steel":3eh1bv5h]I hope Ben doesnt turn out to be like Bradshaw now when he gets to be that age.

What? A chrome dome?

nah, I just dont think he's 100% pro-Steelers anymore. At least not like Lambert is...[/quote:3eh1bv5h]

Good call....Lambert is pure passion and is the best Steeler ever in my opinion.

Djfan
01-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Interesting fact: No bald or balding QB has ever won the SB. TB won his before his hair went the way of his Steelers loyalties.

Let's hope Ben keeps his mop for about 15 more years.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Interesting fact: No bald or balding QB has ever won the SB. TB won his before his hair went the way of his Steelers loyalties.

Let's hope Ben keeps his mop for about 15 more years.

i thought tb was kinda balding even when he was drafted? all the footage i have seen from the 70's it looks like he was losing his hair. it looked like he had a receiding hairline then and very thin hair

Ghost
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM
If you go back and watch the SB's from the 70's (I wa a little kid so no memory of the first 2 and only some of the second 2) you will see that Bradshaw's arm was RIDICULOUSLY good. Beyond Amazing. I used to think when I heard older guys talking about him being one of the greatest ever it was a little Steeles bias. It's NOT. He was an unbelivable QB. Not only did he have a Howitzer for an arm; it was pinpoint accurate as well.

Bradshaw was the better QB (for now - Ben's got a lot of career left).

SteelCrazy
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
A bald or balding QB has won the SB and has been NAMED SB MVP, his name...............Terry Bradshaw

feltdizz
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
not really fair... Bradshaw was throwing to the most graceful WR to ever play the game. Stallworth was clutch too... but Swann caught passes that were incompletions.

I would say Ben though... Ben has the tools and athleticism to get 2 more rings in an NFL that is faster and year round.

SteelHead
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Although I was not alive in the 70's , I have watched games/superbowls from back then many times and have years of my Fathers opinions on his favorite team to lean on.

I think it's worth mentioning that Terry had quite possibly the greatest collection of talent on one team, at one time, ever. All of whom kept that high powered engine running with power and aggression until Terry caught up. We all saw the results once he did , that innate talent and those God given physical attributes he had were on full display. With Ben it seems as though those abilities were on display since day one. He's had his poor performances no doubt , and sure there are times when we nitpick his game to death but let's face it folks....Ben is the man , and to be honest with you I LOVE the fact the he is a "different" type of elite QB , kinda sounds like Terry huh , only better.

Sure there are lots of parallels you could draw between the two , big arms , escape ability , gunslinger mentality , not an extremely cerebral quaterback , etc....But Ben seems to be NOW where Terry was towards the latter part of his career. All that being said , props to Terry Bradshaw , HOF QB , loads of talent , scud missle launcher for an arm , perfect fit for those teams of the 70's but I wouldn't want any other QB than Ben, past or present, leading our beloved Steelers into Superbowl 43.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
they are both born winners and tb may very well be the most clutch qb ever in the nfl. it is a much different game now. ben is bigger, stronger, and faster. tb also had the greatest team imaginable, not saying the steelers now are no slouch but the 70's had so many hof'ers. it would be easier to compare the o-lines the two qbs have had if ben had the o-line of the mid 90's with dirt. ben has never had a great o-line. 04 and 05 they were good but not great