PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post....

SteelHead
01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello Steeler Nation !!!

Occasional poster over at the Trib board while it was still up and running and a long time lurker here at Planet Steelers. I plan on being a more frequent contributor here and I look foward to many great topics and discussions going forward. Props to all the great posters who I have enjoyed reading.

Anyway......So yeah , how bout those friggin STEELERS baby !!!!

Unbelievable , 2 big shows in 4 years , we are truly spoiled by this franchise. I'll keep it simple for my 1st post. I have to admit that right after the AFFC game glow wore off I found myself very nervous about our match up with the Cards , almost to the point of wishing the Eagles won despite our utter crap fest against them earlier in the year. As we get closer to the Superbowl those feelings have substantially decreased. Almost gone in fact. Not that I don't respect the Cards , that offense is GREAT in good weather and their defense in the playoffs has been lights out against some very good offenses. Despite that my confidence in the Steelers has grown every day as I watch them talk to the media. The look in everyone's eyes is pure confidence. That team is so close to one another I just can't see them playing poorly enough to lose , and as many of the players themselves have said , they play hard as to not let down the guy next to them. This team has unique chemistry and is loaded with pure talent.

I say we win big , I mean BIG.....I really don't think these Cardinals know what's about to hit them. Let's say 30-10 for the final. :tt2

Oh and yeah what's with Potsie and that extra neck pad he has been wearing since about mid-season. Kind of random but I've been wondering that for a while now.....

:Boobs :Boobs , just had to use that for the first time !

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes SIR!!!!!

Welcome to the Planet!!!

Wolfhound45
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the Planet SH. Nice first post.

Now get me some Gatorade ya free agent. :P

costanza2k1
01-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Your first post is up to snuff! Welcome to the Planet!

Steeler Shades
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome Newb. 8)

buckeyehoppy
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
SteelHead, welcome over here. Remember ya from the late Trib page. Don't be a stranger!

It's all in a day's work for the Steelers to get this far. The Steelers know, inherently, that there is work to do when the Super Bowl comes. It's probably why we do so well when we get there.

I look at it this way: other teams ((wish, hope, pray) choose one) to get to the Super Bowl. The Steelers and the rest of the Steelers Universe expect to be in the Super Bowl. Every year!!!

There are 31 other teams in the NFL...but we are the Pittsburgh Steelers!!! The rest of the country gets a refresher course on why we are who we are at 6:30 p.m. Sunday.

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome!

fordfixer
01-29-2009, 11:01 PM
welcome to the Planet. :tt1

SteelHead
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM

Thanks Wolf.

Since when do UFA's fetch Gatorade for Rooks. :wink:

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Thanks Wolf.

Oh snap!

SteelCrazy
01-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh and yeah what's with Potsie and that extra neck pad he has been wearing since about mid-season. Kind of random but I've been wondering that for a while now.....

I wonder that myself. It looks like he crawled out from the 70's.........Welcome to PlanetSteelers where all your wildest dreams come true and the women and beer are free!

SteelHead
01-29-2009, 11:53 PM
SteelHead, welcome over here. Remember ya from the late Trib page. Don't be a stranger!

It's all in a day's work for the Steelers to get this far. The Steelers know, inherently, that there is work to do when the Super Bowl comes. It's probably why we do so well when we get there.

I look at it this way: other teams ((wish, hope, pray) choose one) to get to the Super Bowl. The Steelers and the rest of the Steelers Universe expect to be in the Super Bowl. Every year!!!

There are 31 other teams in the NFL...but we are the Pittsburgh Steelers!!! The rest of the country gets a refresher course on why we are who we are at 6:30 p.m. Sunday.

Thanks Hoppy. I was under a different screen name on the other board but I do remember some of your posts. I probably only had like a 100 posts over there but like I said I'll be sure to stay active at the Planet.

Wolfhound45
01-30-2009, 12:02 AM

Thanks Wolf.

:P

Nicely done brother!

buckeyehoppy
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM

Thanks Hoppy. I was under a different screen name on the other board but I do remember some of your posts. I probably only had like a 100 posts over there but like I said I'll be sure to stay active at the Planet.

Dammit! Too many fermented hops! F---s with the memory, don'cha know? Then again, Steel(fillintheblank) is a common name. Easy mistake to make.

Looking forward to more over here.

Djfan
01-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Bring the love SH! The planet is big enough for all of us.