PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Saturday Night...

NKySteeler
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Isn't it time for the NFL to concede that it make more sense to move the Super Bowl to Saturday night? Why play the biggest game of the NFL season at 6:25 on a Sunday night? Who wants to cram themselves with food and drinks til 10 or 11pm Sunday night, drive home from the party, and have to wake up at 6am for work Monday morning? Why wrap-up parties early for Monday work? If any event deserved a day after of laying around it would be the Super Bowl.

I want to sleep in Sunday, wake up, read the sports page and lay around eating leftovers and watching college basketball the next day.

...What work do you get done the day after the Super Bowl anyway? Everybody is talking about commercials and the game. And a Sunday night game means Monday travel for anyone going to the game...so Monday is wasted.

...The Super Bowl is one big party. Who parties on Sunday night? Move the Super Bowl to Saturday night.

Who is with me?!.... :?

JAR
01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree, Sunday is stupid. They already have a 2 hour delay for Pittsburgh schools on Monday. On the Monday and Tuesday (parade) after XL schools and businesses were more than half empty.

costanza2k1
01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Dude I thought about this too earlier this week...having it on Sat would just rock. We should get a petition going on this. Heck Goodell has already destroyed the Pro Bowl in Hawaii why wouldn't he be open to this.

proudpittsburgher
01-29-2009, 10:07 PM
tradition friends, tradition. Football is a Sunday thing. Sure, it's nice to get a break during the week for Thursday night football, and the occasional Saturday game to whet the palate for the Sunday games, but you don't move the biggest game of the year to Saturday. No :nono No :nono No. :nono

Besides, going to work is that much more fun when you get to gloat over the win on Monday. :Beer

msp26505
01-29-2009, 10:12 PM
tradition friends, tradition. Football is a Sunday thing. Sure, it's nice to get a break during the week for Thursday night football, and the occasional Saturday game to whet the palate for the Sunday games, but you don't move the biggest game of the year to Saturday. No :nono No :nono No. :nono

Besides, going to work is that much more fun when you get to gloat over the win on Monday. :Beer

Tradition schmadition.

The two weeks of hype is already unbearable. Why not make it a 13 day wait with a day to recover?

The bragging rights will still be available on Monday.

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm all for Saturday.

NKySteeler
01-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Besides, going to work is that much more fun when you get to gloat over the win on Monday.

Usaually I can coordinate the following Monday off.... But this year I'll spend SB Sunday in a hotel room by myself with a 5am date in training... That's why I started this thread... No time to have a few "beverages" and definitely no time after the game to celebrate with an early morning the next day...

Granted, I'm just speaking from my own personal dischord this year, but it makes sense IMO... The "west coast" guys have no problem, but those of us on the east coast will be paying the price come Monday morning with such a late start time... If they want to start it this late, move it to Saturday...

Iron Shiek
01-29-2009, 10:42 PM
No my friends...you all have it wrong. Best of both worlds: Monday needs to be a national holiday. Make it happen Obama.

Flasteel
01-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Besides, going to work is that much more fun when you get to gloat over the win on Monday.

Usaually I can coordinate the following Monday off.... But this year I'll spend SB Sunday in a hotel room by myself with a 5am date in training... That's why I started this thread... No time to have a few "beverages" and definitely no time after the game to celebrate with an early morning the next day...

Granted, I'm just speaking from my own personal dischord this year, but it makes sense IMO... The "west coast" guys have no problem, but those of us on the east coast will be paying the price come Monday morning with such a late start time... If they want to start it this late, move it to Saturday...

Exactly why it should be played earlier in the day, but not on Saturday. If kickoff is at 5 PM (EST), then it allows for plenty of pregame hype on the west coast with a 2 PM kickoff and an early enough wrap-up on the east coast. The game's over by 8:30 and people could still have some time to celebrate before they hit the hay. If we normally watch football and drink a relatively equal amount of adult beverages each and every Sunday, what's the big deal in starting the game an hour later than most of our games were played this year?

Suck it up NKy! :Boobs

NKySteeler
01-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Suck it up NKy!

Ha Ha!......... Yea, I know.... :lol:

.... It's just my own personal "pet peeve" right now due to the circumstances..... :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
I, too, wish it were on Saturday....

rpmpit
01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Gotta go with the traditionalists (is that even a word?) on this one. Super Bowl Saturday just doesn't sound right. But I think moving it to earlier in the day would work. I think a 3:00 start time would be perfect.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 09:45 AM
i like it on sunday but they should make monday a national holiday. since that will never happen i would perfer the game be played on saturday. but at least this year it gives hines and extra day to rest

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
i like it on sunday but they should make monday a national holiday. since that will never happen i would perfer the game be played on saturday. but at least this year it gives hines and extra day to rest

I hear an echo!! :D :lol: :lol:

No my friends...you all have it wrong. Best of both worlds: Monday needs to be a national holiday. Make it happen Obama.

frankthetank1
01-30-2009, 09:50 AM
[quote=frankthetank1]i like it on sunday but they should make monday a national holiday. since that will never happen i would perfer the game be played on saturday. but at least this year it gives hines and extra day to rest

No my friends...you all have it wrong. Best of both worlds: Monday needs to be a national holiday. Make it happen Obama.[/quote:1nf9qy47]

haha my bad didnt see that post. if obama made the monday a holiday and made it so college football had a playoff then i would be sold on him

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 09:54 AM
[quote=frankthetank1]i like it on sunday but they should make monday a national holiday. since that will never happen i would perfer the game be played on saturday. but at least this year it gives hines and extra day to rest

haha my bad didnt see that post. if obama made the monday a holiday and made it so college football had a playoff then i would be sold on him[/quote:1rjvunlw]

Well regardless, I made Monday an Iron Shiek holiday by taking it off!!! Let the celebration continue into the wee hours!!!!!

Ozey74
01-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Well regardless, I made Monday an Iron Shiek holiday by taking it off!!! Let the celebration continue into the wee hours!!!!!

Like you Shiek, I'm taking Monday off, but I have to burn a personal day to do it. I'm all for the big game to be on Saturday so I can save my personal days. I take the day after the Super Bowl off every year.......not just when our boys are in it. The day after the Super Bowl is always depressing once I start thinking about how it is approximately 220 days till the Hall of Fame game.

A Super Bowl victory will make those 220 much more bearable!!

:tt2

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I had to burn a day too...but I will suck it up...there's no way I could make it in probably. Although I made it somehow after the Fiesta Bowl (OSU-Texas) after being annihalated the night before...