PDA

View Full Version : I wish we would do some trash talking already...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Seriously what is to be afraid of- It worked with Seattle's TE. I wish R. Clark would say " Don't come across the middle, cause you will get rocked" Get in their heads a little. This Cardinal team is young--the trash talk will effect them a little. Plus it would liven up these boring press conferences!!!!

Oviedo
01-29-2009, 11:57 AM
No thank you. Teams take on the personality of their coach and Tomlin is all business. Trash talks is for punks not professionals. Trash talk is just for media type to give them storylines because most have no journalistic abilities whatsoever.

The only sound we need to produce is the sound of Cardinal players bodies being being slammed to the ground. That will be our talk.

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
No thank you. Teams take on the personality of their coach and Tomlin is all business. Trash talks is for punks not professionals. Trash talk is just for media type to give them storylines because most have no journalistic abilities whatsoever.

The only sound we need to produce is the sound of Cardinal players bodies being being slammed to the ground. That will be our talk.

QFT!

ikestops85
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM

QFT!

QFT + 1

NC Steeler Fan
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Hellllll no, I don't want any trash talking.

That's for playgrounds and little kids where no one "really" wants
to get hit but everyone wants to start posturing to fit into the
pecking order.

Grown men?

You do your talking on the field.

You win, you talk all you want.

You lose, you wish you hadn't opened your mouth...

RuthlessBurgher
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Seriously what is to be afraid of- It worked with Seattle's TE. I wish R. Clark would say " Don't come across the middle, cause you will get rocked" Get in their heads a little. This Cardinal team is young--the trash talk will effect them a little. Plus it would liven up these boring press conferences!!!!

I suspect Cardinal pass catchers will have a full understanding of the "Don't come across the middle, cause you will get rocked" statement early on in the Super Bowl, even if nobody boasts about it pre-game.

SidSmythe
01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I think out of respect for McGahee, Clark shouldn't and doesn't have to say anything.

Although I'd like IKE to say, "they've seen us on film. Just be merely showing up Sunday, we will feel disrespected. Don't try to run or pass, just take a knee!"
:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :Beer :tt1 :Cheers :tt2 :Beer :tt1

feltdizz
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Everyone watched the Baltimore game... we don't need to talk. Unless Deebo says we can.

TallyStiller
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Don't tell me what you're going to do. Just do it. Why I'm glad J Peezy is in Miami. That dude was forever running his mouth, talking a bunch of smack, then going out on the field and disappearing in big games and taking ill timed personal foul penalties. I got REAL tired of his shtick. Shut up and play.

mshifko
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
i liked when peezy said what he said, because it helped break up the tension/pressure our guys were feeling...

i wouldn't be upset if someone said something "little" nothing too major or anything...no guarantees, no bashing, just a line or two about how we're going to get after sean morey or someone like that :lol: haha

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
You mean the way the Ravens players do prior to every meeting with them?

That is the team I'd like to emulate.