PDA

View Full Version : Are You Guys Feeling the Hate?

AngryAsian
01-29-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm really sick of all the hate I've been receiving. Everyone seems against us. Everybody all of a sudden are Cards fans and can't wait to see the Steelers fall. I keep hearing all this junk about "The Steelers have the most obnoxious fans" and hate the team not because of the organization, but because of their fan base. Are you guys feeling the "NO LOVE?"

Djfan
01-29-2009, 02:39 AM
I guess that's one advantage to being in So Cal. The fans are bipolar. Most like the Steelers here because they want to align with a winner for once.

AkronSteel
01-29-2009, 02:44 AM
I found it funny listening to Matt Hasselcrack today on NFLN! He hates the Steelers so much for SB XL that he was just throwing out insults and stating that the Cardinals would basically dominate us!!! Get over it Matt, you lost, you were not good enough! He actually called the Steelers and their fans the "Evil Empire". Hilarious!!!

Sapp pretty much put him in his place. It didn't look like those two guys liked each other very much. Sapp gave him a glare that would have burnt a hole in most people!!! Kinda funny to me actually!

Discipline of Steel
01-29-2009, 03:31 AM
I found it funny listening to Matt Hasselcrack today on NFLN! He hates the Steelers so much for SB XL that he was just throwing out insults and stating that the Cardinals would basically dominate us!!! Get over it Matt, you lost, you were not good enough! He actually called the Steelers and their fans the "Evil Empire". Hilarious!!!

Sapp pretty much put him in his place. It didn't look like those two guys liked each other very much. Sapp gave him a glare that would have burnt a hole in most people!!! Kinda funny to me actually!

Oh yeah, I remember Matt Hasslebeck...thats the first time Ive heard his name all season.

Mel Blount's G
01-29-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm living in a ridiculously small rural farming town right now. Town population is like 2500. Anyway, in this weeks edition of the local rag, there was an article about the local men's hockey team, as per usual. But, it was talking about their scheduled game on sunday and how they should conclude it quickly so they can get back home to catch "Arizona beat the Steelers 28-24." That's all it said about it. Nothing more. So I emailed the chump and said basically that his sly, little prediction did not slip by the local representatives of the Steeler Nation and that he just tainted any future sports opinions or predictions he may give by making such a bold yet ridiculous statement. I also let him know that he may give me a certain amount of beer after the Steelers win as to hold him accountable for his publicly printed diahreaha. I also emailed the other Steeler Nation folk I know in the area about this dude's faux pas. Anyway's, not really "hate" but thought I'd share that

Did Hasslebrokeback really say that? Wow. What an assclown

skyhawk
01-29-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm really sick of all the hate I've been receiving. Everyone seems against us. Everybody all of a sudden are Cards fans and can't wait to see the Steelers fall. I keep hearing all this junk about "The Steelers have the most obnoxious fans" and hate the team not because of the organization, but because of their fan base. Are you guys feeling the "NO LOVE?"

What's new?

But I am tired of it. NO ONE wants someone to win 6.

Chachi
01-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I feel the hate from the usual suspects, but, overall, I think we are getting the majority of the positive press, nationally. Listening to sports radio this past week and a half I have heard Steelers interviews 2-1 over Cardinals.

I haven't seen many, if any negative articles coming from the national press. The ones I see are along the lines of, "Is our Defense the Best ever?" "Are the Steelers the best franchise in professional sports?" . We have mostly neutral one's as well, "Will Hines Play?" "Will Ben play better?"

When the Championship games came to an end and we knew who was playing, from the get go, we have been tagged the favorite by the press and by Vegas (opening line was 6 1/2, now up to seven). As the time has gone by, and the press is needing to talk more and more and more and more, having everyone pick the same team to win gets old quick, so it's natural for more of the talking heads to "buck the trend."

Living up in Maine as I do (or as I call it, "Behind Enemy Lines") it is common place for me to turn on the local radio and hear nothing but pure hatred directed as the Steelers so maybe I just used to it more, but, looking at this on a national level.......I really don't see that much hate.

Flasteel
01-29-2009, 08:43 AM

The hate is good natured, but I'm getting it from everywhere. Yesterday I was at the local Jeep dealer and within the span of 5 minutes I had four different guys ragging on me. One was a Pats fan, another a Stains fan so I just laughed it off and reminded them of their obvious jealousy. Since I'm sporting my colors everywhere and driving around in the Steeler mobile, I am getting an avalanche of hate.

It seems the whole league is galvanized against us. :Boobs

rpmpit
01-29-2009, 09:05 AM
This thread actually made me lol. Here's why. A teacher at my son's school that I talk football with when I pick up 'pit jr. is a Bears fan. He's been supportive all year saying things like, "man I wish the Bears played D like the Steelers" and he's generally been positive about the B & G. So the other day I'm at the school talking to my son's teacher when Sean (Bears fan) comes in the room and asks if we're ready for Sunday. My son's teacher says not to talk to him because he told her he's pulling for the Cards. So Sean's face turns red and as he's quickly exiting the room, he says he always pulls for the underdog. I'll catch up to him sooner or later :twisted: :lol:

The hate is jealousy. Plain and simple. We're not a hated organization like the Pats or the Cowboys, but success does breed jealousy. I'm fine with it :D

frankthetank1
01-29-2009, 09:05 AM
this is what we will deal with for many years to come. it is hate out of jealousy, thats all it is. people hate notre dame, celtics and the yankees because of those teams success. i could care less what people think of the steelers. i think a lot of people are pulling for the cards based only on that they have never won anything before and we have 5 rings

Steeler Shades
01-29-2009, 09:35 AM
I think it is difficult for other fans to root for a team to get a 6th SB ring. Particularly when so many teams have either none or one. It is almost an embarrassment of riches.

The Cards have been so bad for so long that they naturally appeal to many people's support of an underdog. Lets face it, if the Steelers were NOT in this SB, many of US would probably pull for Wiz and the Cards.

Lastly, and I'm sure this will further endear me to my fellow Steeler Nation; there are quite a few Steeler fans that are obnoxious and act as though THEY personally won 6 SBs. Admittedly, all teams have their fair share of idiots, but a franchise as successful as the Steelers and with a fan base as large, is bound to seem as though there are a lot of obnoxious supporters. 8)

motter1975
01-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I've actually had just the opposite experience here in Southern VA. I wear my Steelers coat every day in the winter, and usually get the occasional random "Go Steelers" wherever I go. For the past two weeks, though, everywhere I go, people are honking their horns, and yelling "Go Steelers!!!" and coming up to talk to me about how the Steelers are going to win, how excited they are, and a lot of them say they're not even Steelers fans, but they think it would be so great if we were the first to 6.

Hell, my husband is having an install done at his office, so he's got these guys from Baltimore down hooking up all of the new security cameras for the building, and even they've been pretty okay (for Ratbird fans). They start in with "I hate the Steelers...they suck!". But then they go on to say that we had their number this year, that we've got a great coach, great players, and definitely deserve to be where we are, and that grudgingly, they're pulling for us. Then they say wait 'til next year when Flacco's got another year under his belt, and if they can keep they're defense going, it might be their year. All in all, pretty reasonable for Ratbird fans.

So, no, I'm not experiencing a lot of hate here. As far as the media goes, I think most of them think we're the better team, but they have to build up the game, so they're pimping AZ to make the game sound more exciting...if they all said Pittsburgh was unbeatable, it wouldn't give people much of a reason to watch. Plus, with the way we won in 2005 and the Giants won last year, it's trendy to pick the underdog. Plus, AZ's play in the playoffs was unexpected, so it got their attention. They're the flavor of the week. We just did what we were expected to do, really, so it's not as impressive to the broadcasters and writers that want the great story.

steeld95
01-29-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm definitely getting hate, but I am loving it, because that means my team is in the superbowl and they are all just jealous!

AngryAsian
01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I think it is difficult for other fans to root for a team to get a 6th SB ring. Particularly when so many teams have either none or one. It is almost an embarrassment of riches.

The Cards have been so bad for so long that they naturally appeal to many people's support of an underdog. Lets face it, if the Steelers were NOT in this SB, many of US would probably pull for Wiz and the Cards.

Lastly, and I'm sure this will further endear me to my fellow Steeler Nation; there are quite a few Steeler fans that are obnoxious and act as though THEY personally won 6 SBs. Admittedly, all teams have their fair share of idiots, but a franchise as successful as the Steelers and with a fan base as large, is bound to seem as though there are a lot of obnoxious supporters. 8)

I think you hit the nail on the head. Our fan base is expansive and with that, it stands to reason that we probably have more visible morons flying our colors giving a face for others to identify their hate. I realize the basis for the loathing is jealousy. It still makes me want to knock some idiot's teeth in when they're slinging their smack talk. Some cowboy fan was laying the old "Better not take them lightly, remember the Patriots last year." I quickly retorted.... "come talk to me when you can win a playoff game." :P

papillon
01-29-2009, 10:06 AM

:Hater :Hater :Hater :moon :P

Pappy

Jom112
01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't hate you guys.

Your team I hate though, GO CARDS... :stirpot

proudpittsburgher
01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I started a thread saying about the same thing earlier in the week. The day after the AFCC game, we were getting an enormous amount of praise from the national media. Since about media day, it has been all Cardinals, all the time. And just about everyone who thought the Steelers would win are talking themselves into a Cardinals win. Lucky for us, games are won on the field. :tt1

pfelix73
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Jealousy.

We're becoming the Yanks of football.

Djfan
01-29-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't hate you guys.

We don't hate you, just your, ehh, well those guys who play in cini, um you know, that group of felons who impersonate a team in your town.

Oviedo
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
If you aren't use to this by now you haven't been a Steelers fan for very long. There is so much envy about the success of the Steelers since the 1970's that other fans can't see straight. It is the envy of continued success. It is the envy of doing it right.

However most importantly, it is the envy of seeing a team with a fan base that is literally worldwide. It is pure and simple the envy of US--the Steelers fans. We talk about a Steelers Nation but in reality iit is a Steelers Planet. There is no other team in the NFL with the following of fans who will take over other team's stadiums on game day. There is a religous following to being a Steelers fan that is unlike anything in professional sports in the US. The only other place it is even close is the rapid (bordering on fanatical in many cases) following that European soccer clubs have.

This envy permeates all elements of US society. It is why the mainstream media can't give the Steelers credit for anything unless it is so obvious they would appear like idiots for ignoring it. It is the same envy that will deny deserving Steelers like LC Greenwood, Dermontti Dawson and other from ever taking their rightful place in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Bottomline: Enjoy the hate because it is the hate borne of the envy of lower lifeforms than us Steelers fans. They hate us because they can't be us.

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
motter1975 - one thing about your post really made me laugh. I guarantee you if I lived in Southern VA I would never wear a winter coat! :lol:

Oviedo
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't hate you guys.

We definitely don't hate you Jom and how can we hate your team? They are just too d@mn funny to hate. It would be like hating the Keystone Cops, the Three Stooges or any of the Looney Tunes. Anytime I want a laugh I think of the Bumgals and a smile comes to my face.
:D

Oviedo
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I've actually had just the opposite experience here in Southern VA. I wear my Steelers coat every day in the winter, and usually get the occasional random "Go Steelers" wherever I go. For the past two weeks, though, everywhere I go, people are honking their horns, and yelling "Go Steelers!!!" and coming up to talk to me about how the Steelers are going to win, how excited they are, and a lot of them say they're not even Steelers fans, but they think it would be so great if we were the first to 6.

Hell, my husband is having an install done at his office, so he's got these guys from Baltimore down hooking up all of the new security cameras for the building, and even they've been pretty okay (for Ratbird fans). They start in with "I hate the Steelers...they suck!". But then they go on to say that we had their number this year, that we've got a great coach, great players, and definitely deserve to be where we are, and that grudgingly, they're pulling for us. Then they say wait 'til next year when Flacco's got another year under his belt, and if they can keep they're defense going, it might be their year. All in all, pretty reasonable for Ratbird fans.

So, no, I'm not experiencing a lot of hate here. As far as the media goes, I think most of them think we're the better team, but they have to build up the game, so they're pimping AZ to make the game sound more exciting...if they all said Pittsburgh was unbeatable, it wouldn't give people much of a reason to watch. Plus, with the way we won in 2005 and the Giants won last year, it's trendy to pick the underdog. Plus, AZ's play in the playoffs was unexpected, so it got their attention. They're the flavor of the week. We just did what we were expected to do, really, so it's not as impressive to the broadcasters and writers that want the great story.

No hate here in the Orlando area either but then again the Steelers own this city :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

ground-n-pound
01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I live in northern New York and all I get is hate. People her love the Bills, Giants, and the Jets. Every season all I hear is that it will be thier season, and that the steelers are a dirty team. My reply is that we just play like football should be played, very physical. Lendale White said it best before we played them this season, " you havent played football until you play the steelers" . People who hate just envy our sucess. Even when we do win ( ex. superbowl XL ) they say we didnt play a quality team. After sunday be prepared to hear these excuses agian. I was hoping that we would be playing the giants just so these New York fans would not be able to use this excuse agian. All season long they thought the Giants would repeat. Sorry that they and the rest of the nfl teams are not as good as the steelers. Keep hating while we keep winning.

motter1975
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
motter1975 - one thing about your post really made me laugh. I guarantee you if I lived in Southern VA I would never wear a winter coat! :lol:

Hey, it's been in the 20's and 30's here at night...40's during the day...not bitterly cold like where you are, but chilly enough that I've got to have a coat...and besides, it's my steelers coat...I'm quite proud of it...got it in 2006 right before the last Super Bowl as my birthday present to myself!

Hell, I even wear it on the days when it gets up into the 70's down here...I'm a bit warm, but I'm sporting my Steeler pride!

ikestops85
01-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Fans most often, unless their team is involved, will identify with the underdog. Face it, in this matchup of David vs. Goliath we are Goliath. The Cardinals are the "feel good" story this year just like the Steelers and Bettis were SB XL's "feel good" story. I really don't care about any of it. I'm getting more than enough coverage of my steelers and for some reason I am supremely confident that they will win on Sunday. That means for the next 6 months I get to see the SI commercials about the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!! :Cheers

Iron Shiek
01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Fans most often, unless their team is involved, will identify with the underdog. Face it, in this matchup of David vs. Goliath we are Goliath. The Cardinals are the "feel good" story this year just like the Steelers and Bettis were SB XL's "feel good" story. I really don't care about any of it. I'm getting more than enough coverage of my steelers and for some reason I am supremely confident that they will win on Sunday. That means for the next 6 months I get to see the SI commercials about the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!! :Cheers

And I'm glad. I want everyone to be rooting for the "other" team. There's no room on our bandwagon for part time loser fans of other teams. Eff em.

NW Steeler
01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Living up here in Seahag country, I'm getting the hate big time. If somehow we lose this game, they will be talking sh!t like they had won the SB themselves. It's amazing how bad a lot of the Seahawk fans are up here. I can't even listen to the local sports staion right now because it is all Steeler hate all the time. :loser

The Steelers HAVE to win this game!!

feltdizz
01-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Only city with an H on the end of the burgh...
The way we dish out pain on D..
The way we play sandlot on O
The punishing blocking our WR's do down field
We have NO cheerleaders...
Our old school fans on TV..
Only 3 coaches since I can remember
Same owners...
black and gold colors and a logo on one side of the helmet cause we were broke.
and then you look at the 70's footage of the Steel Curtain...
and look at us now...

I would hate us too if I wasn't a fan....
My Dad and I joke about it all the time...
If I wasn't from "the burgh" I would hate us...

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Hey, it's been in the 20's and 30's here at night...40's during the day...not bitterly cold like where you are, but chilly enough that I've got to have a coat...and besides, it's my steelers coat...I'm quite proud of it...got it in 2006 right before the last Super Bowl as my birthday present to myself!

Hell, I even wear it on the days when it gets up into the 70's down here...I'm a bit warm, but I'm sporting my Steeler pride!

Like I said, in temps like that I wouldn't be wearing a winter coat! :P

I have lighter weight Steelers jackets that I'd be wearing. :D

Jooser
01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
This is sort of what I was griping about the other day in my thread about Mike & Mike - that is about the media coverage anyway. Here at home, I get alot of Let's Go Steelers! comments around town while wearing my stuff. The other day though, I was in my Chemistry class and got a problem wrong. My professor stood up and anounced something to the effect of Steelers fans (I was wearing a team sweatshirt) can't do math!!! LOL!!! After class he told me he was from Baltimore!! So, there you have it, just more Lombardi Envy! Tomorrow I am going to wear my Woodley jersey to class to really get in his crawl.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/idea.gif

RuthlessBurgher
01-29-2009, 05:07 PM
This is sort of what I was griping about the other day in my thread about Mike & Mike - that is about the media coverage anyway. Here at home, I get alot of Let's Go Steelers! comments around town while wearing my stuff. The other day though, I was in my Chemistry lclass and got a problem wrong. My professor stood up and anounced something to the effect of Steelers fans (I was wearing a team sweatshirt) can't do math!!! LOL!!! After class he told me he was from Baltimore!! So, there you have it, just more Lombardi Envy! Tomorrow I am going to wear my Woodley jersey to class to really get in his crawl.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/idea.gif

Baltimore fans can only count to one (and they usually use their middle finger for counting). At least Steeler fans can count to 5, so you can counter his single middle finger with a "talk to the hand" five fingered salute (and after Sunday, you can give them a middle finger right back when we get #6).

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Jealousy.

We're becoming the Yanks of football.

Because we outspend everybody???

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-29-2009, 05:33 PM
I usually don't get the regional rivalry stuff that Americans get, mostly a lot of good natured kidding around amongst football fans here in Canada. Was at a trade show yesterday here - funny enough I was walking the show with a guy from Buffalo - and wearing my jacket. I got a lot of "Go Steelers" as I walked by, often from people I know who I don't see that often but who know I'm a big fan, and a lot from people I don't know who were voicing support.

The odd groan I heard I always followed up by asking who they were fans of. The answer was always Dallas, Cleveland (always from older guys - 60 and over), or New England. Funny thing is, I only know one guy who was always a New England fan. Other than that, anytime someone says they are a NE fan I always answer with "so, only started watching football recently huh?"

mshifko
01-29-2009, 05:45 PM
i love it...it's just us...us against the world..that's the mentality..

i like it when people aren't on our side, our guys playing with a chip on their shoulder is going to be to our advantage

Jom112
01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
We don't hate you, just your, ehh, well those guys who play in cini, um you know, that group of felons who impersonate a team in your town.

We definitely don't hate you Jom and how can we hate your team? They are just too d@mn funny to hate. It would be like hating the Keystone Cops, the Three Stooges or any of the Looney Tunes. Anytime I want a laugh I think of the Bumgals and a smile comes to my face.

It's all fun and games until we get a real center...

AngryAsian
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
If you aren't use to this by now you haven't been a Steelers fan for very long. There is so much envy about the success of the Steelers since the 1970's that other fans can't see straight. It is the envy of continued success. It is the envy of doing it right.

However most importantly, it is the envy of seeing a team with a fan base that is literally worldwide. It is pure and simple the envy of US--the Steelers fans. We talk about a Steelers Nation but in reality iit is a Steelers Planet. There is no other team in the NFL with the following of fans who will take over other team's stadiums on game day. There is a religous following to being a Steelers fan that is unlike anything in professional sports in the US. The only other place it is even close is the rapid (bordering on fanatical in many cases) following that European soccer clubs have.

This envy permeates all elements of US society. It is why the mainstream media can't give the Steelers credit for anything unless it is so obvious they would appear like idiots for ignoring it. It is the same envy that will deny deserving Steelers like LC Greenwood, Dermontti Dawson and other from ever taking their rightful place in the NFL Hall of Fame.

Bottomline: Enjoy the hate because it is the hate borne of the envy of lower lifeforms than us Steelers fans. They hate us because they can't be us.

You guys really need to read the posts, before retorting. Used to the hate? Absolutely! Because of the jealousy? Absolutley! Use to seeing die hard fans of other teams root for a team other than their own, not because they hate the Steelers but because of their "obnoxious fan base"

NO!

Haven't heard that, except sprinkled here and there. But to here that there are SB parties being conducted that have an "anti-steeler" theme and "no obnoxious Steeler fans allowed"... haven't seen the hate mount that high before. Hate has always come with jealousy of our winning history and our historic franchise. Never in all my 35 years of being part of the Nation, have I ever been bombarded with so many anti-Steeler hate all because of our FAN BASE.

So please stop posting the obvious retorts regarding jealousy of our history. Start discussing the fan base.

steelsun7
01-29-2009, 08:34 PM

My 9yr old daughter got booed at school today cause she was wearing a steelers shirt and cap by the WHOLE cafeteria(teachers included)
STAY CLASSY PHOENIX

Leper Friend
01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
I've been to games at Cleveland , Cinci ,Indy and Jets and the amount of Steeler fans is astounding.I've seen more steeler fans at 1 away game than the total amount of opposing fans at every steeler game I've been to. And that's not exagerating.

Put yourself in their shoes. You're at a Steeler home game yet all you hear are Browns fans barking. Of course you're going to be pissed.

Is being passionate and large in volume "obnoxious" ? I don't think so but I can see other fans being annoyed by it. I think that's where it comes from. In every city ,at every away game, there are Steeler fans. You can't say that about any other fanbase.

I love every second of it by the way - :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

proudpittsburgher
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM

It's all fun and games until we get a real center... coach, owner, running back, defense

There ya go, fixed. :tt2

Steel Life
01-29-2009, 11:31 PM
I'll go in a different direction...the thing I get sick of hearing is how "unstoppable" the Cards are. Didn't they lose 7 games this season & limp into the playoffs?...Obviously some teams figured out how to stop them - why can't the number one defense in the NFL do it? I'm not sure...but didn't the Steelers play the toughest schedule in decades? And what did the Cards have to do - win the the NFC West...playing the Niners, Seattle & Rams twice each (their combined record...13-35) - how hard is that?

Look - The Steelers are the Aaron Smith of the NFL despite some of the accolades we're getting...excellent, but not glamorous. The public wants glamor boys from glamor teams like Brady & Romo, lunch-pail types like the Steelers are seen as party-crashers (Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!). As for the Steelers fans...our fans know the game, follow the team religiously from site to site, & never give up - the way a fan should be...you'd think that would be appreciated. Besides...are Cowboys' fans any less annoying - they think they're the Yankees of the NFL - without the championships to back them up. I'll stick with the Steelers thank you very much...

northgate1980
01-30-2009, 12:30 AM

My 9yr old daughter got booed at school today cause she was wearing a steelers shirt and cap by the WHOLE cafeteria(teachers included)
STAY CLASSY PHOENIX

Thats terrible.

I don't get any hate personally here in Phoenix, and I make no bones at all about bleeding black and gold.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 12:32 AM
I'll go in a different direction...the thing I get sick of hearing is how "unstoppable" the Cards are. Didn't they lose 7 games this season & limp into the playoffs?...Obviously some teams figured out how to stop them - why can't the number one defense in the NFL do it? I'm not sure...but didn't the Steelers play the toughest schedule in decades? And what did the Cards have to do - win the the NFC West...playing the Niners, Seattle & Rams twice each (their combined record...13-35) - how hard is that?

Look - The Steelers are the Aaron Smith of the NFL despite some of the accolades we're getting...excellent, but not glamorous. The public wants glamor boys from glamor teams like Brady & Romo, lunch-pail types like the Steelers are seen as party-crashers (Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!). As for the Steelers fans...our fans know the game, follow the team religiously from site to site, & never give up - the way a fan should be...you'd think that would be appreciated. Besides...are Cowboys' fans any less annoying - they think they're the Yankees of the NFL - without the championships to back them up. I'll stick with the Steelers thank you very much...

Excellent analogy Steel Life....that is about the best way to sum it up. $$$

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-30-2009, 01:19 AM
I am convinced that the majority of the early money went on the Steelers, so the media is hyping the Fraudnials to cover Vegas after the Steelers pluck these brids clean... :2c

Chadman
01-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Easy fixed- hate 'em all back.

AngryAsian
01-30-2009, 01:44 AM

NIce post, LIFE. I have to share the same sentiments. I see a lot of FITZ coverage and his greatness. And why does the media all of a sudden revere Kurt Warner? He's most certainly received more coverage than Ben... He's garnishing all the hype that the dummies of ESPN normally bestow upon Brady. I guess Ben isn't a GLAMOR BOY.

buckeyehoppy
01-30-2009, 02:20 AM
Steelers Hate? In Cleveland? Never! :roll: :roll: :roll:

2 B honest, it hasn't been a truckload of hate at all. Although I'll qualify that by saying that it's been mostly with the guys at work. We have Clowns fans at work, but also, Phins, Gints and Iggles fans among others. There is also a legion of a handful of hardcore Steelers Faithful, including our GM.

But even the haters among the Clowns Community have been remarkably objective about what they figure they'll see out of the game.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah...I've been getting a few "Steelers suck" around work today...since I am wearing my Ben jersey. I don't even respond. Except for this one Cheaters fan. I said "Where's your team? Oh yeah, their video cameras got taken away this year."

buckeyehoppy
01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah...I've been getting a few "Steelers suck" around work today...since I am wearing my Ben jersey. I don't even respond. Except for this one Cheaters fan. I said "Where's your team? Oh yeah, their video cameras got taken away this year."

That's been my thing...

...who are the Clowns playing on Sunday...

...who are the fill in the blanks playing on Sunday...

Our maintenance guy at work has been saying "F--- the Steelers" since the playoffs started. I've been egging him on.

I swear, the more people hate on the Steelers the more I want to hear it. Why? Because it improves our karma at the same time it f---s theirs! I know the Steelers are the best. If others want to hate on the facts they can go right the f--- ahead. What do I care? I plan on going to work on Monday and I plan on being the happiest guy in the house!!! Because the Steelers will be the clubhouse leaders in the Lombardi Open!!!

fo$lrock
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Here in Idaho, i'm really feeling the hate. All I hear is whiny Sealitter fans harping about XL and how they were cheated out of a Superbowl. Either way, I already fought that battle a long time ago. :tt1

But, you know what. . i've decided to let the haters hate and not let the haters interfere with the moment, while the Steelers not only win number 6, but BLOW THE CARDINALS out 53-0 in the process.

buckeyehoppy
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Here in Idaho, i'm really feeling the hate. All I hear is whiny Sealitter fans harping about XL and how they were cheated out of a Superbowl. Either way, I already fought that battle a long time ago. :tt1

But, you know what. . i've decided to let the haters hate and not let the haters interfere with the moment, while the Steelers not only win number 6, but BLOW THE CARDINALS out 53-0 in the process.

Wouldn't that be something if the Steelers posted the first ever SB shutout? Doing that against the do-no-wrong Cards O would be titties.

:Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

That's a great "smiley"!!!