PDA

View Full Version : Collinsworth is only 50?

snarky
01-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Crap I was looking forward to his retirement/death. I guess I will have to wait a while.

(just kidding about the death part, sorta)

rpmpit
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Collinsworth is one former Bengal (Boomer is the other one) that I hate less year after year. They both seem to have FINALLY realized that their Bengals are a garbage organization and are usually pretty complimentary when speaking of the B&G.

But yeah, that is pretty surprising that he's only 50. I saw him on NFLN yesterday and he looked old. He has that old man skin hanging off his neck :lol:

frankthetank1
01-29-2009, 09:21 AM
he played in the early to late 80's so him being 50 isnt all that suprising. i agree collinsworth has gotten less annoying as the years have gone by. same with boomer.

proudpittsburgher
01-29-2009, 10:27 AM
he played in the early to late 80's so him being 50 isnt all that suprising. i agree collinsworth has gotten less annoying as the years have gone by. same with boomer.

It's altogether possible that you don't hate him less, rather the color commentary has gotten so bad over the past couple of years that you just respect his ability more. :lol: Surround yourself with idiots, and you come out looking like a rhodes scholar

Jom112
01-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Collinsworth is one former Bengal (Boomer is the other one) that I hate less year after year. They both seem to have FINALLY realized that their Bengals are a garbage organization and are usually pretty complimentary when speaking of the B&G.

But yeah, that is pretty surprising that he's only 50. I saw him on NFLN yesterday and he looked old. He has that old man skin hanging off his neck :lol:

As a Bengals fan I should "like" Collinsworth and Boomer but for the longest time they both rubbed me the wrong way. Collinsworth I can stand a bit more now, not sure why. I guess anyone is an upgrade over Gumble on Thursday night football.

The ex-Bengal I always love hearing from is Anthony Munoz, he should get some more air time...

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I always thought that Chrissy was a first class tool.

However, when he was broadcasting NFLN games with the trainwreck known as Bryant Gumble, he was STELLAR in comparison... I had to listen to him and he wasn't bad.

There were a few times when he was covering a Steeler game, when he almost seemed nostalgic and gave props to the Steeler mentality of hard-hitting, etc.

So I "warmed" to him a bit.

But he is still in my tool category.

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I like CC and Boomer. :moon