PDA

View Full Version : Ben needs to let SBXL go

rpmpit
01-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Anyone else think he's thinking too much about his performance in SBXL?? I understand that he keeps getting asked the question on how this time is different from last time. But I get the doosh chills everytime I hear him talk about how nervous he was throughout the entire game. I hope he's not creating another unecessary distraction by thinking too much about XL.

ikestops85
01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I think he is just using that as motivation. Ben looks more focused than I have ever seen him. He will be fine. :tt2

stlrz d
01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I think he is just using that as motivation. Ben looks more focused than I have ever seen him. He will be fine. :tt2

QFT!

rpmpit
01-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Totally agree on his focus. I just don't think its a good idea to dwell on past failures. Even for motivation. I'm also sure he'll be fine. I just don't want to hear anymore about his below average performance in SBXL.

RussBII
01-28-2009, 03:52 PM
This is my theory:

First time he played in an AFCC, he kinda blew.
Second time he payed in an AFCC, he was awesome.

First Super Bowl, he warn't all that...
This is second Super Bowl, ergo, he'll play great.

Word!

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM

Totally agree on his focus. I just don't think its a good idea to dwell on past failures. Even for motivation. I'm also sure he'll be fine. I just don't want to hear anymore about his below average performance in SBXL.

Hines always motivates himself my dwelling on any little thing he possibly can. Perhaps he will think his 5 catch for 123 yards and 1 TD performance (plus a run for 18 yards) in the last Super Bowl was sub-par, so he will be motivated to have a 10 catch for 246 yards and 2 TD game (plus 2 runs for 36 yards). :mrgreen:

feltdizz
01-28-2009, 04:06 PM
I think it is the motivation for him this post season. I know he is ready to play a great game but he has to be sure not to press or try too hard to be great. Just be you Ben and we win.

fezziwig
01-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm seeing this as a positive thing for Ben as long as he doesn't press the issue on the field.

ikestops85
01-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Hines always motivates himself my dwelling on any little thing he possibly can. Perhaps he will think his 5 catch for 123 yards and 1 TD performance (plus a run for 18 yards) in the last Super Bowl was sub-par, so he will be motivated to have a 10 catch for 246 yards and 2 TD game (plus 2 runs for 36 yards). :mrgreen:

No, Hines is going to dwell on all the love being given to Fitz and AB. I see him coming out and playing with something to prove. :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2009, 04:15 PM

No, Hines is going to dwell on all the love being given to Fitz and AB. I see him coming out and playing with something to prove. :mrgreen:

I could definitely see that. With everyone saying that Fitz is the best WR on the planet, Boldin is just as physical as Hines, and Breaston had more receiving yards as Hines this year, Hines will go out there motivated to outperform all 3 of them, even with only one good leg. Would you be surprised if he did? I sure wouldn't.

fezziwig
01-28-2009, 04:17 PM

I like that and your probably 100% correct. I hope Hines has two good knees to gain him another showcase game.

steelz09
01-28-2009, 04:51 PM

I could definitely see that. With everyone saying that Fitz is the best WR on the planet, Boldin is just as physical as Hines, and Breaston had more receiving yards as Hines this year, Hines will go out there motivated to outperform all 3 of them, even with only one good leg. Would you be surprised if he did? I sure wouldn't.

Not the best WR on this planet. :)

Jigawatts
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
This is my theory:

First time he played in an AFCC, he kinda blew.
Second time he payed in an AFCC, he was awesome.

First Super Bowl, he warn't all that...
This is second Super Bowl, ergo, he'll play great.

Word!

I like that.