PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Up Next on Media Day

costanza2k1
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
It can be viewed on nfl.com from what they're saying...

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Sirius NFL Radio just had Hines on before his podium session and got in a couple of questions quickly. For some reason he was just pimping Gatorade...no promotion or anything, they just asked how his knee was and he said its Great and that he's drinking alot of Gatorade. Gatorade and his knee are great. It was weird.

Then they kept Willie Colon on but it got cut off...they must've went over the time for a commercial. I really didn't want to hear him talk anyway, I'm sure a ref wouldv'e came out and threw a flag. The guy can't even get through an interview without it being stopped (just like a snap count). Eff!

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I am DVR-ing it and will watch it later tonight.

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I tried logging into the live feed at NFL.com (normally access to streaming audio or video is automatically blocked on my work computer but occassionally something is able to sneak through), but I am getting the "Due to overwhelming demand at the moment for NFL.com/Live, you've been placed into the virtual Waiting Room until space becomes available." :evil:

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Espn and NFLN will be showing all of the hi-ite moments most likely.

NFL radio is coming through big time though. They are just filtering in Steeler after Steeler...and usually 2 or 3 at a time. Right now Limas and Keisel are on. Tyrone Carter and Timmons were on a bit ago. Tyrone has a lot of energy, he was a good interview. Stapleton and somebody else was on. As soon as Limas and Keisel stepped off, Nate Washington came on. Its awesome.

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Espn and NFLN will be showing all of the hi-ite moments most likely.

NFL radio is coming through big time though. They are just filtering in Steeler after Steeler...and usually 2 or 3 at a time. Right now Limas and Keisel are on. Tyrone Carter and Timmons were on a bit ago. Tyrone has a lot of energy, he was a good interview. Stapleton and somebody else was on. As soon as Limas and Keisel stepped off, Nate Washington came on. Its awesome.

I love Sirius NFL radio. I'm so ticked off that I can't get it at work anymore. Should make for a good ride home later, even though Media Day will be long over by then. Should be plenty of snippets during the 2 minute drills.

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Actually the two minute drills are using the snippets from the on air interviews rather than the podium ones. But if someone says something stupid/crazy/idiotic then it might make one.

I just had a pop up that said online access will not be free anymore after March 11th. You gotta pay 2.99 then (I think per month which is bullcrap) unless you have a lifetime subscription (so if you get access again you are covered.).

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm watching it on NFL Network- really nothing new going on.....

Loved wathicng Dick LeBeau being interviewed.... Said he's taking it year to year, but sounds like he'll be back next year according to what he said. People like him (workaholics) just can't walk away completely, so.... he's coming back.... Said as long as the guys want him back he'll be back.

He was asked about the spread out O that Whiz might run on Sunday- He said we have a few things to try to stop it...... vague and simplistic....the way he needs to talk to the media about it..... He's the best.

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Max Starks-

Asked if he'll be back in 2009. Wasn't too comfortable answering. Said it's business and it's bittersweet. Sounds like he's ready to walk.....

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Actually the two minute drills are using the snippets from the on air interviews rather than the podium ones. But if someone says something stupid/crazy/idiotic then it might make one.

I just had a pop up that said online access will not be free anymore after March 11th. You gotta pay 2.99 then (I think per month which is bullcrap) unless you have a lifetime subscription (so if you get access again you are covered.).

I've had the lifetime subscription for 4 years now (I think). Worth every penny. It's paid for itself already.

Steelgal
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Max Starks-

Asked if he'll be back in 2009. Wasn't too comfortable answering. Said it's business and it's bittersweet. Sounds like he's ready to walk.....

That's the exact same thing I thought as I listened to him.

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Big Ben-

Talking to a kid now- told him he'd rather talk to him about Madden Football, etc. then the rest of the media...... Said "let's just talk". Kid was obviously nervous....

Kid asked him who is his idol--

Ben's idol= his dad.

Great answer.!

Steelgal
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Clark is calling Deion out. How funny.

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Big snack says he's a better dancer than Sapp........

whatever that means.........ha

stlrz d
01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Hines crashed the set and they interviewed his knee! :lol:

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Yea, they are loose and are gonna have a fun week.......

Cards might be up tight.... and nervous...

costanza2k1
01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
That Hines stuff was funny...obviously someone said he should be drinking Gatorade or something. He said that like 1000 times...

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Ugh...Arians on radio now. He said they tried not to be one dimensional but then injuries forced the hand on some of the personnel packages. As guys came back, they got back to a little more power football.

stlrz d
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Woodley crashed the set right after Ward but they had to go to break.

Agree Stanz...the Steelers look totally relaxed.

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Anyone see Skippy's hair do? I heard it was blond, but that do is, well, right for Skippy.

Elvis with blond hair.

Steelgal
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Anyone see Skippy's hair do? I heard it was blond, but that do is, well, right for Skippy.

Elvis with blond hair.

Not sure I would even classify it as blonde. It was more yellowish. Completely different shade than his goatee too, LOL!!!