PDA

View Full Version : 3 years later, Seahawk fans are still crying....

NW Steeler
01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
3 years later, Seahawk fans are still crying....

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2009/01/25/steelers_owners.html

Unfreakingbelievable!!

flippy
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
The league wants to give this game to the Rooney's. It's fixed too.

I don't mind.

costanza2k1
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I would be crying too if my team went to the SB lost it and then became the bums of the NFL.

:moon

Ozey74
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
It rains alot in Seattle. Inclimate weather triggers depression and negativity.

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I haven't seen the Oracle guy around lately. I figured he'd pop in like Hardliner and wish us well. He's a self proclaimed Seahag/Steeler fan now after all. He never cried though, pretty level headed poster.

proudpittsburgher
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Just posted a response under the name fivetimechamps. Won't matter though. People are convinced that it was fixed. Let them have that memory. I'll take the fifth Lombardi. Found the comment funny though, from one guy, who said that even thought it was 80 percent steeler fans, that their fans were more passionate. Alrighty then chief. If you say so. :wft

NW Steeler
I haven't seen the Oracle guy around lately. I figured he'd pop in like Hardliner and wish us well. He's a self proclaimed Seahag/Steeler fan now after all. He never cried though, pretty level headed poster.

He's one of the few though. I live in Washington state, so I've been listening to that crap for 3 years now. It is amazing how much they blame the loss solely on the refs. A lot of them seriously believe that the game was fixed. I can understand how they would be a little upset about maybe 2 calls, but it still isn't the reason they lost.

Some of the talking heads on ESPN radio yesterday actually siad that Pittsburgh needed to win this SB so they could "legitimize" the controversial SB XL win.

Jooser
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/seahawksbaby5ve.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/364909208_b911f81bc4_o.gif LMAO.

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Their lamentations have staying power and are paying great dividends. I enjoy every whiney complaint.

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 02:27 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2lc2f3c5]I haven't seen the Oracle guy around lately. I figured he'd pop in like Hardliner and wish us well. He's a self proclaimed Seahag/Steeler fan now after all. He never cried though, pretty level headed poster.

He's one of the few though. I live in Washington state, so I've been listening to that crap for 3 years now. It is amazing how much they blame the loss solely on the refs. A lot of them seriously believe that the game was fixed. I can understand how they would be a little upset about maybe 2 calls, but it still isn't the reason they lost.

Some of the talking heads on ESPN radio yesterday actually siad that Pittsburgh needed to win this SB so they could "legitimize" the controversial SB XL win.[/quote:2lc2f3c5]

It is not like a blown call at the end of the game cost a team the game like the Broncos-Chargers game early in the season. The final score was 21 to freaking 10. Yes, Darrell Jackson did push off. Yes, Haggans was held. The penalty against Hasselbeck on the INT return was a legit bad call, but the INT was already thrown, so that bad call was not a difference maker by any means. Yikes.

Djfan
01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/hughpam/BensTD3.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/hughpam/BensTDedited.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/hughpam/beninforthetd1tpib2.jpg

Issue solved.

NW Steeler
01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
You are dead on Ruthless. It's amazing how much they hold on to the "bad officiating" and how they deserved to win. WHAT?? How in the hell did they deserve to win? They dropped how many passes? They gave up a 70+ yard TD run, and another TD on the reverse pass. They mismanaged the clock and didn't do one thing to deserve to win.

It's too bad that Ben threw that pick at the goal line in the third quarter. That would have put us up 21-3 and they never would have even been in the game after that.

pfelix73
01-27-2009, 03:18 PM
What is pathetic about that organization is what has happened to it after it was in the SB just 3 years ago.....The downward trend they have taken....

Chachi
01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
I understand their angst.

It took them 20+ years to get there and they realize it's gonna be another 20+ years to get back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NW Steeler
01-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately, I lost $100 bucks to a Seahag fan betting on the 06' season based on who would make it the furthest. Of course, Cowher tanked it that year. The ONLY thing I would say in the Seahawks favor is that they did outplay us in the first half. But it is a 60 minute game!

Jooser
01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/STFU2-1.gif

Tell 'em to put this in their Starbuck's latte and swallow hard!
(Sorry 'bout that effbomb in there!)

brothervad
01-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Jooser,

What is so funny about the whiny little B!tches up here (yeah I live amongst the morons--2007 year a group of them were rooting for the Cardinals cause they hate the Steelers so bad) is that none of them remember the offensive PI call on Heath Miller that helped lead to that 3rd and 23 bomb from Ben to Hines in the first half. See when you approach them with that logic they just deny it and say that the official was from Pittsburgh.

See the problem lies in the fact that morons can't admit that they didn't make the necessary plays.

But it's far easier to cry unfair and that something was unfairly taken away from you instead of tipping your cap to your opponent and say good job.

Well it is the left coast...oppressed in the West baby! ;)

brothervad

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-28-2009, 03:09 PM
It rains alot in Seattle. Inclimate weather triggers depression and negativity.

I am a transplant to the Seattle area frmo Greensburg and It doesn't rain alot it rains constantly!! I will say that in the 100 days a year it does not rain , there may not be a better place in this country. That being said, living here makes it that much harder to ignore the constant whining and crying from this albatross of a sports town.

I was talking with a guy in my office and when I told him I was from Western Pa he says "you don't like the steelers do you ?"

Which was followed with
"You know we got cheated by the refs don't you"

To which I responded with my pattented answer of ...
The Seabags ran 60 plays of which they point to 3, what happened on the remaining 57 plays?

JAR
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Hasselcrack was on NFLN earlier and he picked the Cards over the big, bad Steelers. He said Cromartie was the best corner playing Sunday, Sapp said no he wasn't, Ike was. It must still sting a little for Matt.

NW Steeler
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
As the week goes on, I'm getting more and more annoyed with the talking heads on the tv and radio. The Seahawk homos out here are holding such a grudge that it is ridiculous. I hope that we just stomp the sh!t outta the Cards.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Get used to it. On other boards I have seen people still bitching about the 70's and how we cheated with Steroids. I have seen people bring up not only the 'suspect calls' but also lately a lot of HGH accusations due to that ******* doctor. I just don't even care anymore. In all honesty right after the superbowl all the bitching about the refs diminished the glory for me a little bit.....but then I just stopped caring what people say.

The Steelers are the best organization in football. We don't need refs handing us games, steroids, hgh.....its all in the players, coaching, and philosophy. Look at how these other douche bag teams are run and tell me you really care what their fans have to say....fans that tune into 3 games during the season and only really watch closely when their team finally makes the playoffs....

Steelers rule and all the other NFL teams suck.
:Cheers

Djfan
01-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Steelers rule and all the other NFL teams suck.

That sums it up for me!

frankthetank1
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM

haha that is hillarious!! now that would be a great sig. what do those people think is a push off exactly? does the wr have to throw the db to the ground for it to be a push? anyone that crys about that call or the hold on haggans is an idiot

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-28-2009, 10:51 PM

haha that is hillarious!! now that would be a great sig. what do those people think is a push off exactly? does the wr have to throw the db to the ground for it to be a push? anyone that crys about that call or the hold on haggans is an idiot

That is a perfect mpg!

Can someone log onto the Seahawks fan club (do they have one?) and post that?

F'kem!!

Djfan
01-29-2009, 02:38 AM
He was pushed so hard that he had to reset his feet. It's just denial.

skyhawk
01-29-2009, 04:00 AM
OMG guys I am so sick and tired of the Seahawks fans.

If John Madden were not announcing the game and criticizing the refs we wouldn't be hearing as much of this BS.

Seeing this over again makes me sick to my stomach. I still talk to hawks fan that say the refs gave the game to the steelers. I tell them only one call was bad (the block on Hbeck). Other than that, I tell them, do they want to sit down and go over the plays again?

Do you want to see the recording of Mike Pereira going over all the calls with whiney Rich Eisen?

Do you realize Ben's passer rating was 22? That the Steelers didn't play well and you STILL lost by ELEVEN points?

I live in seattle, so anymore I do just what Big Ben used to do in his rookie season when players would try to intimidate him before the game. Just nod your head and walk away. Totally surprised and psyched out the other team!

That's what I do now, nod my head, and point to them, and walk away. PISSES em off!! :tt1

proudpittsburgher
01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
From a seachickens fan, maybe the only one who isn't delusional.

still a little bitter are we?

as a life long Hawks fan, I've gotten over it. The Hawks could have won, perhaps should have won, but didn't play well enough to win. Jackson's so-called phantom PI in the end zone? Yeah, that was a TEXTBOOK push off, and was correctly called! Anyone who says otherwise is simply a homer looking for controversy.

Hasselbeck's ill-timed interceptions and poor defensive play (Pruitt biting on the fake that turned into a Randle El TD?!) doomed the Hawks, not the refs. It's time to realize the Hawks simply got beat that day. Maybe they did play better, but that doesn't always equate to a win.

Let it go, guys. Let it go.

Grant.

:Clap

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 11:28 AM
OMG guys I am so sick and tired of the Seahawks fans.

If John Madden were not announcing the game and criticizing the refs we wouldn't be hearing as much of this BS.

Seeing this over again makes me sick to my stomach. I still talk to hawks fan that say the refs gave the game to the steelers. I tell them only one call was bad (the block on Hbeck). Other than that, I tell them, do they want to sit down and go over the plays again?

Do you want to see the recording of Mike Pereira going over all the calls with whiney Rich Eisen?

Do you realize Ben's passer rating was 22? That the Steelers didn't play well and you STILL lost by ELEVEN points?

I live in seattle, so anymore I do just what Big Ben used to do in his rookie season when players would try to intimidate him before the game. Just nod your head and walk away. Totally surprised and psyched out the other team!

That's what I do now, nod my head, and point to them, and walk away. PISSES em off!! :tt1

Break the wrist and walk away (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Napoleon_Dynamite&quote=grabmyarm.txt&file=grabmyarm.wav). :lol:

NW Steeler
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
The funniest thing that the Seahag fans say is that they "deserved" to win. WHAT?? It isn't like they lost because of one call or one play. They lost by 11 points! They missed two field goals. They mismanaged the clock. They gave up a record long td run, and another td on a trick play. They dropped umpteen passes.

Truth be told, nieither team played all that great. The Hags definitely outplayed us in the first half, but not the second. We won. We made the plays when we had to, they didn't. I don't think that a lot of their fans will ever let it go until they actually win the SB. Given the state of sports in the northwest, I don't know when that will be.

:Hater :moon

:tt2

ground-n-pound
01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
They can blame the refs but great teams overcome bad calls and play like champions. In 2005 we had some bad calls agianst us when we played Indy and still played to win. If they stopped willies 75 yard run and learned to hang on the ball maybe they would have won. They need to sit back this Sunday and watch how championship football is played.

Djfan
01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Break the wrist and walk away (http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Napoleon_Dynamite&quote=grabmyarm.txt&file=grabmyarm.wav). :lol:

Now that's funny!

Jooser
01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

Now that's funny!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/napoleonkip.jpg
Bow To Your Sensei!