PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Cardinals SB XLIII Prediction Thread

stlrz d
01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I didn't title it Steelers @ Cards because even though the Steelers are the "away" team we all know it's a home game.

Anyway, no need for me to break it down. Suffice it to say the ruby slippers come off the Cards on Sunday. They say there's no place like home, but again, this will be a Steelers home game and the Cardinals ain't finding no wizard in Tampa.

Steelers win 31-20.

Yes Sir!

:tt2

SteelBucks
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Steelers - 27
Cardinals - 17

RING NUMBER 6! :tt2

Discipline of Steel
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
After an splash play by the D gives them the early lead, Steelers win going away in the 3rd quarter...31-14. A solid pounding to finish this season off right!

steeld95
01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Our defense is getting tired of hearing about the Cards offense. We completely shut the offense down, including Fitzgerald..

31-10

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I was going to be generous and make this a reasonably close game...until I saw the pictures of the Terrible Towel being disgraced at their little "rally." Now fire and brimstone shall rain down upon Arizona. 35-10.

Acero
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Gentlemen, you can rest assured that by the time Bruce Springsteen is bellowing out his tired old rock, you can be safely drunk -- this will be over by halftime.

Halftime Score: Steelers 28-3
Final Score: Steelers 38-13

Game MVP: Willie Parker

Yes Sir!!

Djfan
01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I gave my prediction recently:

We either win by a hair, or we win big!

Steelers 27-13

Steelgal
01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I'll say

Steelers - 34

"Pittsburgh West" - 17

AkronSteel
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Steelers 38
Cardinals 16

The Steelers get off to a hot early start and make the cardinals try to play catch up!!! Won't happen.....one trick ponies like the Cardinals can not survive against this defense and this one won't be any different. The Steelers have played very well coming off byes this year on offense!! 38 points in Cincy, 35 against San Diego in the divisional round....this trend will continue!!! Time to raise the 6th Lombardi and enjoy the parade on Tuesday!!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Lets see............

Playing a team who won only 9 games this year
A team who beat 1 playoff team prior to the playoffs
A team who plays in the weakest division in the NFL
A team who won only three road games this year - all against the NFC West
A 9-7 team who probably does not advance this far without two of three playoff games at home
A team whose only advantage seems to be a WR playing at the top of the league right now - but who is not superhuman!

We are a team who has played tough teams almost every week - teams better than this - and finished 12-4
We have seen great WRs all year - TO, Moss, Plax, Lee Evans, but they have not seen a #1 D like this all year.
Our underated ) has done well against D's not ranked in the top 8 all year - their's is not even close to that

Not predicting a score, but there will be no real worries by the time the second half starts.

Ozey74
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I gave my prediction recently:

We either win by a hair, or we win big!

Steelers 27-13

My thoughts on the game our similiar to yours. The only thing that I can safely say WILL NOT happen is that the Cardinals win big.

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Let's do this Tomlin! Go and and getchu some.

Card-anals - 12
Good Guys - 29

Everyone is giving pretty normal scores, thought I'd mix it up a bit. They go for two late and miss giving them 12. We get a safety at some point in the midst of 3 tds and "2 Fields Goals off of Jeff Reed's toe...Here We Go"

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Jooser
01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I've never been one to get these things right, however I'll say we win 28-13.

Willie has a solid game, 'Tokio gets a TD, and Woodley continues his playoff intimidation.

YES SIR! :tt2

JDSteeler
01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I was going to be generous and make this a reasonably close game...until I saw the pictures of the Terrible Towel being disgraced at their little "rally." Now fire and brimstone shall rain down upon Arizona. 35-10.

What and who did what to our Towel???

JD

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM

What and who did what to our Towel???

JD

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4932

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
We have seen great WRs all year - TO, Moss, Plax, Lee Evans, but they have not seen a #1 D like this all year.

Not only wouldn't I consider Lee Evans to be a great WR...he's good, but has never reached elite status, perhaps he would if he didn't have Trent Edwards or J.P. Losman throwing to him...but we didn't play Buffalo this year either. That one had me scratching my head. Replace him with Andre Johnson (A.J. and Fitz are to elite-level wide receiving now what T.O. and Moss were to elite-level wide receiving a few years ago).

Sugar
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm thinking the Cards are up 14-10 at the half. We own the 3rd quarter and are up 34-17 by the 4th and win by a final of 34-24. That's the rational me.

The Steeler homer wants to see us crush them in a blowout, but I just don't see it happenning.

Oviedo
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Steelers win 30-20. Warner is sacked 5 times and throws 2 INTs.

Steeler Shades
01-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Steelers - 20-17
8)

Wolfhound45
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Super Bowl XIV redux

Sixburgh - 31
The Other Guys - 19

stlrz d
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes Sir!

buckeyehoppy
01-29-2009, 02:20 AM
The Cardinals haven't seen a D like the Steelers D all year. Sux 2 B them that they have to get that in the biggest game in the long Cardinals franchise history. The Cards will get yards and move between the 20s, but will stall when they hit the red zone.

There is a reason the Cards went 9-7 in the regular season. Oh sure, they've won 3 playoff games in a row. But have looked less than stellar on D in 2 out of 3 games in the playoffs. The Cards don't possess a SB caliber D and that will be exposed early in this game.

And the Cards, once the Steelers shut down what passes for their run game, are one trick ponies and if you put the onus on Warner with the D the Steelers have, it will be a matter of time before Warner makes a mistake.

The Steelers O has found their legs in the playoffs and may well have a field day on the ground. Look for a big day from FWP. Look for a big day from Heath. Look for a big day from S'Tonio.

And look for the Steelers to impose will early on D and jump out to a fast start on O.

The Steelers haven't stormed through the most difficult schedule in the NFL this year and gotten this far without having something special.

And, one more thing...if the Patophiles can hang 47 on the Cards D, the Steelers can, and will, hang more than that. It's the final game of the season, win or lose. The Steelers know the work ain't done.

Lombardi #6 is on the way:

STEELERS 49
CARDINALS 16

Iron Shiek
01-29-2009, 09:30 AM
The Cardinals haven't seen a D like the Steelers D all year. Sux 2 B them that they have to get that in the biggest game in the long Cardinals franchise history. The Cards will get yards and move between the 20s, but will stall when they hit the red zone.

There is a reason the Cards went 9-7 in the regular season. Oh sure, they've won 3 playoff games in a row. But have looked less than stellar on D in 2 out of 3 games in the playoffs. The Cards don't possess a SB caliber D and that will be exposed early in this game.

And the Cards, once the Steelers shut down what passes for their run game, are one trick ponies and if you put the onus on Warner with the D the Steelers have, it will be a matter of time before Warner makes a mistake.

The Steelers O has found their legs in the playoffs and may well have a field day on the ground. Look for a big day from FWP. Look for a big day from Heath. Look for a big day from S'Tonio.

And look for the Steelers to impose will early on D and jump out to a fast start on O.

The Steelers haven't stormed through the most difficult schedule in the NFL this year and gotten this far without having something special.

And, one more thing...if the Patophiles can hang 47 on the Cards D, the Steelers can, and will, hang more than that. It's the final game of the season, win or lose. The Steelers know the work ain't done.

STEELERS 49
CARDINALS 16

EAT IT CARD-ANALS!

NW Steeler
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM

STEELERS 49
CARDINALS 16

That, sir, would be freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
:tt1 :tt2 :Beer :Clap :Boobs

stlrz d
01-29-2009, 10:12 PM

STEELERS 49
CARDINALS 16

I agree. It would be so awesome to be sitting in a bar in Pittsburgh, casually watching the game and at the same time checking out hot women who are decked out in Steelers gear.

And then I.... :oops: :lol:

buckeyehoppy
01-30-2009, 12:35 AM
[quote=buckeyehoppy]The Cardinals haven't seen a D like the Steelers D all year. Sux 2 B them that they have to get that in the biggest game in the long Cardinals franchise history. The Cards will get yards and move between the 20s, but will stall when they hit the red zone.

STEELERS 49
CARDINALS 16

I agree. It would be so awesome to be sitting in a bar in Pittsburgh, casually watching the game and at the same time checking out hot women who are decked out in Steelers gear.

And then I.... :oops: :lol:[/quote:2j74gq8l]

Dude, have fun in the Burgh this weekend. I'll be here in NEO because I don't want to jinx what I'm doing with this one. Enjoy your stay and please drive carefully. Hopefully the weather will hold out until you go back.

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 12:47 AM
[quote=buckeyehoppy]The Cardinals haven't seen a D like the Steelers D all year. Sux 2 B them that they have to get that in the biggest game in the long Cardinals franchise history. The Cards will get yards and move between the 20s, but will stall when they hit the red zone.

STEELERS 49
CARDINALS 16

And then I.... :oops: :lol:

Dude, have fun in the Burgh this weekend. I'll be here in NEO because I don't want to jinx what I'm doing with this one. Enjoy your stay and please drive carefully. Hopefully the weather will hold out until you go back.[/quote:n9yu97i5]

Thanks man! I hope to!

And I forgot to include something in my post, so let me try again:

And then I.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4) :oops: :lol:

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Well go to McFadden's right by the stadium. After the Chargers playoff game, the girls were on the bar with shorts that would be best described as underwear and high socks and terrible towels hangin out of their shorts. :Boobs

I highly recommend it as they will probably have a party there and post game celebration.

Holy Schnikees.

stlrz d
01-30-2009, 11:57 AM
IS - That sounds very interesting. :P

Ghost
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
This could easily turn into a Ravens - Giants or '85 bears - Pats type game.

Steelers win big - 34 -10 (last Td is garbage as Tomlin gets everyone some PT)

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Steelers 34
Cards 10

:Beer :tt1