PDA

View Full Version : Whiz Question

flippy
01-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Why is Whiz conceeded by the media to have the advantage over Ben and the offense as well as Lebeau?

On the one hand, they're saying he knows the offense so he has an advantage.

Then he knows the defense and has the advantage.

Don't we at least deserve one of those advantages since we know him too?

And don't we know him better than he knows us? All he knows about Ben is what he knows about a QB in year 3 that just had a motorcycle accident. Ben's a different QB today.

And we didn't have the defensive players we have now. Isn't it logical that Lebeau does things differently now because of different players?

Chachi
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM
And we didn't have the defensive players we have now. Isn't it logical that Lebeau does things differently now because of different players?

It's logical Tomlin does things differently as well. As was pointed out around these parts earlier (though I have yet to hear anyone in the national media make this point) Tomlin was a part of the Tampa team to win it all against Chucky's former team. Tomlin has seen how it works as having an uncanny familiarity of a coaches former team.

Tomlin will not let that happen.

papillon
01-27-2009, 10:18 AM
It's the GD Steelers they have an advantage just being the Steelers! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Papillon

Steeler Expat
01-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I've watched him in exactly 2 interviews and I'm already sick of his whining about being disrespected. Try winning more than 9 regular season games and not getting blown out 47-7 right before you enter the playoffs and maybe you'll get more respect. Now people are fawning all over your precious red birds so just STFU and coach your team, jackhole. You and Tom Brady can go cry together at some Disrespect Camp in the Poconos after the season and restore your precious egos.

Steelgal
01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I've been disappointed with the media coverage thus far. I normally NEVER agree with Skip Bayess, but he was just on first and ten and talked about how if you listened to the media, the 'underdog' Cardinals should be favored by 7, not the Steelers. He talked about all the press the Cardinals are getting and he's just not buying the hype. He hasn't picked the game, but at this point said he wouldn't choose the Cardinals.

I know Fitzgerald has had an amazing post season, but I'm tired of hearing about him and the great Kurt Warner. They earned their spot in the Superbowl and beat teams I never thought they would, but there are 2 teams playing in it.

And the idea that Whiz has the advantage over us is getting SOOOO overblown.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM
The reason they are talking about this being a Cards' advantage is because they need to find things to balance the game. Giving the Steelers an advantage in this department almost leaves the only Cards' edge as Fitz.

flippy
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
The reason they are talking about this being a Cards' advantage is because they need to find things to balance the game. Giving the Steelers an advantage in this department almost leaves the only Cards' edge as Fitz.

That's pretty much where I have it scored.

ikestops85
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't really worry about what the media has to say. They've got 2 weeks to fill and only 2 teams left to report on. They are going to look long and hard for some miniscule morsel to make a story out of. Can you image what it would have been like to be a Seahawks fan leading up to SB XL? The coverage about Bettis going back to his hometown to play in the SB which could possibly be his last game dominated the coverage. I loved it but I'm sure the Seahawk fans hated it.

Let the media play it up that Whiz has an advantage. I'm sure Tomlin and Bad Word LeBeau are licking their lips on how that plays to the Steeler's advantage (I don't know what Arians is licking :shock: ).

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-27-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't really worry about what the media has to say. They've got 2 weeks to fill and only 2 teams left to report on. They are going to look long and hard for some miniscule morsel to make a story out of. Can you image what it would have been like to be a Seahawks fan leading up to SB XL? The coverage about Bettis going back to his hometown to play in the SB which could possibly be his last game dominated the coverage. I loved it but I'm sure the Seahawk fans hated it.

Let the media play it up that Whiz has an advantage. I'm sure Tomlin and Bad Word LeBeau are licking their lips on how that plays to the Steeler's advantage (I don't know what Arians is licking :shock: ).

Bettis is from Detroit? I don't remember hearing about that during SB week last time. :lol:

Seriously though, I love Bettis, but I had gotten sick of that angle already. The guy wasn't even a starter anymore and was being hailed as our star player at times. Nice story but waaaaaaay overplayed.

mshifko
01-27-2009, 02:43 PM
whiz is a big cry baby...boo hoo no one thought you guys would be here...well guess what? you are in the super bowl...quit crying you freaking joke...i've never been a big fan of whiz

i cannot wait until sunday :tt1

Djfan
01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I have to take a Whiz right now. What advantage is that to me?

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 02:54 PM

What advantage is it to you? Because if you didn't, according to Seinfeld, you could get Uromysitisis poisoning and die. That's why!

Djfan
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Uromysitisis

Is that a Suburban development in Phoenix or something?

stlrz d
01-27-2009, 02:58 PM

What advantage is it to you? Because if you didn't, according to Seinfeld, you could get Uromysitisis poisoning and die. That's why!

It occurs most frequently in parking garages.

Steeler Shades
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Wiz has an advantage because he knows Airens is a fool. Wiz saw first hand what worked against LeBeau's defenses, but I doubt he can have much success. Comes down to whether Airens and our offense can score enough points to keep up with the Cards and not turn the ball over.