PDA

View Full Version : Ward says knee 'better' wants to practice with team

fordfixer
01-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Ward says knee 'better' wants to practice with team
Monday, January 26, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09026/944640-100.stm

TAMPA, Fla. -- Hines Ward said his injured right knee feels better and he would like to practice when the Steelers go back to work at the University of South Florida facilities.

"It feels better," Ward said several hours after the Steelers charter landed here around noon yesterday. "I don't have a brace on, I walk around fine. It's not going to be 100 percent, I'm not going to trick anybody, but I think I'm going to be good, to be able to go out and perform like I want to."

The Steelers receiver took a break yesterday from a stepped-up pace of rehabilitation on his injured knee yesterday.

"I've been rehabbing all weekend long. Off today -- I did a little rehab this morning before we came down here."

He will resume this morning, then attend the Steelers media interviews at Raymond James Stadium and "see where we're at."

"I really can't say because I haven't run or cut or done anything," said Ward, who did not practice last week after the right MCL was sprained in the first quarter of the Jan. 18 AFC championship game. "I was just constantly getting treatment, 24 hours around the clock."

First published on January 26, 2009 at 5:18 pm

frankthetank1
01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
i guess this is good news. except at the end where he said he hasnt ran or made any cuts. that could be the big problem

AngryAsian
01-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Well whatever the case will be, his teammates sure are behind him 100%. The below is an excerpt from ESPN.com

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was startled anyone doubted that one of the NFL's toughest and most physical offensive players -- and the Super Bowl MVP three years ago -- would play.
"People ask me that question and I want to smack them," Roethlisberger said. "It's Hines Ward, he's going to be out here. It's the Super Bowl."

flippy
01-27-2009, 09:54 AM
This year, I'm not even worried if Hines plays or not. Don't get me wrong, I'd like a healthy Hines. It helps our cause.

But if he can't go, I expect the next guy to step up and play like a starter.

Hines sets the expectation for the position.

My expectation for the position doesn't change even if Hines doesn't play.

That's the true beauty of the Mike Tomlin Steelers.

Jooser
01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Even if he can't run a route and catch the ball, he'll play to just bust some fracking heads on Sunday. Count on it!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9307/20051024pdfbnwardjamespvg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AngryAsian
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
This year, I'm not even worried if Hines plays or not. Don't get me wrong, I'd like a healthy Hines. It helps our cause.

Hines' imprint is already on his fellow WRs. What Santonio's been doing and now Sweed? These guys are all about carrying on his legacy of smash mouth football... WR style.

flippy
01-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Hines' imprint is already on his fellow WRs. What Santonio's been doing and now Sweed? These guys are all about carrying on his legacy of smash mouth football... WR style.

It'd be cool if Hines Ward's picture was hung in the middle of all the LBs at the Pittsburgh facility.

So that WRs of future generations would see it and want to headhunt like Hines.