PDA

View Full Version : Which playoff streak is more likely to continue, #10 or #56?

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 11:55 PM
In 3 career playoff games, Santonio Holmes has scored a TD in every one of them.

In 3 career playoff games, LaMarr Woodley has 2 sacks in every one of them.

Which trend is more likely to continue in the Super Bowl?

Another TD for Santonio?

Or 2 more sacks for Woodley?

And don't give me this "Why Not Both?" on the fence crapola (even if that is best answer).

Grow a pair and pick one, you punks!

steelsun7
01-27-2009, 12:02 AM
In 3 career playoff games, Santonio Holmes has scored a TD in every one of them.

Another TD for Santonio?

And don't give me this "Why Not Both?" on the fence crapola (even if that is best answer).

I'm gonna say both!! :D

I'll say santonio.I'm pretty sure he scored at least 1 TD last year against the Cards

Mel Blount's G
01-27-2009, 12:05 AM

Another TD for Santonio?

I'm gonna say both!! :D

I'll say santonio.I'm pretty sure he scored at least 1 TD last year against the Cards
Exactly what I thought after reading this. it's UNLIKELY that either streak ends on Sunday
:tt1 :Steel :tt2 :Steel :tt1 :Steel :tt2 :Steel :tt1 :Steel :tt2 :Steel :tt1 :Steel :tt2 :Steel :tt1 :Steel :tt2 :Steel

Flasteel
01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
The Wood has already set an NFL record with three straight multi-sack games in the post-season while many others have duplicated what Santonio has done. It's likely that if one streak continues it would be Holmes.

Then again, why not both? :Boobs

Discipline of Steel
01-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Id prefer to see Santonio extend his streak and I think he is the most likely to do so.

steelsun7
01-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Id prefer to see Santonio extend his streak and I think he is the most likely to do so.
bingo!

Mel Blount's G
01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Then again, why not both? :Boobs
Because one just ain't enuff :Boobs http://www.stillernation.com/phpbb/images/smilies/y.gif

stlrz d
01-27-2009, 12:35 AM
It takes two to make-a things go right. :lol:

And by that I mean two streaks, not two sacks...both will continue!

buckeyehoppy
01-27-2009, 12:54 AM

Another TD for Santonio?

Pick one...OK...

...just picked one and flung it at my computer screen!

Both streaks are continuing, bay-bee!!!

Why?

Because WE ARE THE PITTSBURGH FREAKING STEELERS!!! That's why...

...and The Super Bowl is the Steelers domain, jack!

Super Bowl XLIII? No way, dude...Steelers Bowl VII...Believe It, Bucko!!!

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Since I started this mess, I might as well chime in myself. I'll go with Santonio for another TD (perhaps on an end around run this time to change things up). Unfortunately, Woodley may only get 1.5 sacks. He will sack Warner 3 times, but Harrison will arrive right at the same moment to sandwich Warner, crushing him and forcing a fumble. They will both get credit for half a sack each time, and therefore, only 1.5 and not 2 for Woodley in the Super Bowl. Oh well. :P

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
We alll HOPE that both continue.

I think that Santonio's is more likely to continue.l

AkronSteel
01-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I think it will be Santonio!!! He will contribute to Big Ben getting that MVP and trip to Orlando!! I think Woodley gets 3 sacks come Sunday so that streak will change!!! :D

RKSteel
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I'll say Woodley's continues. Cards will think they can leave their LT Gandy? 1-1 with JH. After he crushes Warner for a sack, he'll get double teamed or chipped by a rb, leaving Woodley free to sack Warner.

The Cards will focus on Holmes, maybe doubling him. Might be tough to go deep to Holmes. That's why I'm think Nate will have a big game.

papillon
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Santonio two TDs and Woodley 3 sacks, mark it, Pappy has spoken! :tt2 :Cheers

pappy

flippy
01-27-2009, 12:18 PM

more attention is going 92's way.

with 86 injured, more attention is also going 10's way.

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
flippy with the exceptional, level headed analysis as usual.

And I'd have to disagree. Although now I'm sure Haley and Grimm have seen what Woodley has done in the playoffs and they try to neutralize some of his rushes. But then that just opens up Deebo for the Strack (yeah that's right, the Strip Sack).

I'm gonna go with Holmes...on a slant that he takes to the house from more than 35 yards out...in the first quarter.