PDA

View Full Version : Nate the Great?!?!

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
That's how he is gonna go down in Steelers lore after this game. I have a gut feeling he is gonna turn in a monster game. I know the conventional wisdom is with either Holmes or Ward but due to the following...

1. Hines will not be 100%, I assume consensus but hope to be wrong.
2. Santonio has never played in the super bowl.
3. Nate may not have played but he was a there.
4. He has lived with Ben who knows what it looks like to not play your best.
4. The Cards will be keyed on Hines and Holmes and Nate will be the forgotten man who steps up.

Back in '05 I got one of those guts after we waxed Cleveland, got the same gut when we beat Dallas in '08 and have the same feeling about Nate in '09.

Any thoughts?

Here we go Steelers, Here we go Steelers!!!

mshifko
01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
trust your gut!

i have a feeling this game is going to a very close one...if nate steps up great, if not someone else better play B.I.G.

fezziwig
01-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I've been trying to guess who are impact player will be. I am getting some Nate Vibes, not sure yet.

Defense I see Arron Smith being the suprise disruptive force.

sd steel
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I've been trying to guess who are impact player will be. I am getting some Nate Vibes, not sure yet.

Suprise? Aaron is a disruptive force every game.

AkronSteel
01-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Nate will make a big play come Sunday as well! The guy has made big play after big play for this team all year!! I suspect that he will step up and have a long TD catch sometime during the Super Bowl!!

costanza2k1
01-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Nate will do good I have a feeling Sweed is finally going to catch a bomb or TD...it's just bound to happen.

fezziwig
01-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Suprise again ? I meant more than the players usually account for during the game. :wft

Steeler Shades
01-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Nate will do good I have a feeling Sweed is finally going to catch a bomb or TD...it's just bound to happen.
Couldn't disagree more.
While Nate may make a "catch", his drops and misjudgments will outweigh his contribution. Nate might be able to convince an official that the reason he fell down (again) is because of the DB.
Sweed......will wait until next season to justify his 2nd round selection. Hopefully Hines will be well enough that Sweed doesn't see the field...except as a possible decoy.....if the Cards waste anyone to cover him.

This game will come down to Holmes, Ward & Heath.....hopefully. 8)

SidSmythe
01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
The biggest thing will be for WARD to be there to block .....

I say we run all over the CARDS and NATE won't need to step up

flippy
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
How cool would it be for Ben to throw 450 yards and 5 TDs?

3 to Nate and 2 to Sweed.....

SidSmythe
01-27-2009, 06:53 PM

3 to Nate and 2 to Sweed.....

That would be great b/c then someone would overpay NATE big time and we wouldn't have to debate whether he's worth keeping or not.

Steeler Shades
01-27-2009, 08:54 PM
That would be really cool. Remember the last time he put up these numbers? 8)

sd steel
01-27-2009, 09:08 PM

Suprise again ? I meant more than the players usually account for during the game. :wft

:wft ?? I he were anymore disruptive they would block him with 5 guys and leave Hampton and Keisel uncovered. He is the anchor that makes this defense work as noticed when he has been injured.

feltdizz
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Couldn't disagree more.
While Nate may make a "catch", his drops and misjudgments will outweigh his contribution. Nate might be able to convince an official that the reason he fell down (again) is because of the DB.
Sweed......will wait until next season to justify his 2nd round selection. Hopefully Hines will be well enough that Sweed doesn't see the field...except as a possible decoy.....if the Cards waste anyone to cover him.

misjudgments? :Binky sounds like someone doesn't like Nate

Oviedo
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Sorry---Nate and great in the same sentence just doesn't work for me.

The player who will have to have a monster game is Timmons. If as expected the Cards spread it out he could become the most important player on the field. He was drafted to deal with offenses like this and his coverage abilities will be critical to us shutting down the hot routes.

I'm thinking Timmons is the difference maker in this game.

Steeler Shades
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Couldn't disagree more.

This game will come down to Holmes, Ward & Heath.....hopefully. 8)misjudgments? :Binky sounds like someone doesn't like Nate
Not quite correct. Someone doesn't have confidence in Nate or someone is not impressed with Nate's WR capabilities would be more accurate. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry---Nate and great in the same sentence just doesn't work for me.

But they rhyme! And it was a classic storybook collection back in the day!

http://www2.scholastic.com/content/media/products/6x/044046126x_xlg.jpg

Nate the Great
Nate the Great Goes Undercover
Nate the Great and the Lost List
Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
Nate the Great and the Missing Key
Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail
Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize
Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed
Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps
Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
Nate the Great and the Musical Note
Nate the Great and the Stolen Base
Nate the Great and the Pillow Case
Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
Nate the Great and the Tardy Tortoise
Nate the Great and the Crunchy Christmas
Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden
Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang
Nate the Great and the Monster Mess
Nate the Great, San Francisco Detective
Nate the Great and the Big Sniff
Nate the Great on the Owl Express
Nate the Great Talks Turkey

I think this book is about the time when #3 WR and child detective Nate the Great Washington followed teammate Santonio around trying to get some receiving and detective tips, but "Sherlock" Holmes preferred to just roll up a big fat doobie and cruise through the Burgh instead:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WXZ6X2Y0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

frankthetank1
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
i thought this same thing when i was looking at the odds of mvp. i could see nate having a huge game. think of some of the sb mvps there have been? desmond howard, timmy smith, larry brown.

Steelerphile
01-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't underrate Nate. The game is going to be played in the warm climate. I think he prefers that. Some of his best moments came toward the beginning of the year when the weather was still temperate. If they go to sleep on Nate, I could him getting behind that secondary.

I don't worry about him catching the ball. He has trouble wresting it away from a defender, but if he is past them, he will make the play.

Steeler Shades
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Don't underrate Nate. The game is going to be played in the warm climate. I think he prefers that. Some of his best moments came toward the beginning of the year when the weather was still temperate. If they go to sleep on Nate, I could him getting behind that secondary.

I don't worry about him catching the ball. He has trouble wresting it away from a defender, but if he is past them, he will make the play.
I hope you are correct. If Hines can't play the entire game we will need Nate to catch ALL the balls that he can get his hands on. 8)

Steeler Shades
02-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Couldn't disagree more.

Great game for Holmes. 8)