PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Reaches 400

steelz09
01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I would like to thank you all for helping Planet Steelers grow to 400 users (actually 401 as I type this).

Planet Steelers is a relatively young website that gained popularity very quickly and is now one of the largest Pittsburgh Steelers communities online. You all have added great content, discussion, and a great place to call an online "home". PS has really turned into mine and many others "one-stop-shop" for all your Pittsburgh Steelers needs. I don't need to travel to 10+ other websites to get my "Steelers Fix". Planet Steelers seems to have it all.

I'd also like to thank the moderators for doing a great job in the monitoring and keeping this place in order :) Sometimes we have our challenges with certain situations but I must say that we do a good job at resolving issues as they arrive as promptly as possible.

I truly feel that Planet Steelers is a place that accepts all discussions both positive and negative as long as it doesn't violate the code of conduct.

For those of you that "scan the board" but don't participate in the posting, I would highly recommend joining the forum and contriubting to the discussion. Membership also allows you to upload images and videos at the Planet Steelers photo gallery, comment on our blogs on the home page, and participate in the popular game day chats.

Additionally, I'd like to thank those that have donated to Planet Steelers, clicked ads, and purchased items through http://www.SteelersApparel.com . It is greatly appreciated and helps pay for the expenses of running this site.

:Cheers

Cheers to all for making this site what it is today and many more years of Planet Steelers. And please, tell your friends, family, and fellow Steelers fans about us and help us grow to the largest Steelers community on the internet.

AkronSteel
01-26-2009, 11:33 PM
:Clap

This site rocks!!! Many thanks to you J for all the hard work you have put in!!! I have gained friends through this website and it is definitely a one stop shop!!! This planet rocks!!!

Here's to many more years of planetsteelers!!!

:Cheers

buckeyehoppy
01-27-2009, 01:40 AM
JHans:

Well, according to the member list, I was the second guy to suit up and go in. So, I've pretty much been here from the beginning, even if it took a while to engage the gearshift into drive.

On Steelers Bowl VII Eve, we will be 1 year of old age over here. So...here's to 1...and many more!!!

:Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer :Beer

fordfixer
01-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Welcome to the Planet member 401 Lonbull

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 11:06 AM
JHans:

Well, according to the member list, I was the second guy to suit up and go in. So, I've pretty much been here from the beginning, even if it took a while to engage the gearshift into drive.

On Steelers Bowl VII Eve, we will be 1 year of old age over here. So...here's to 1...and many more!!!

Super Bowl VII Eve was January 13, 1973. Talk about an internet pioneer! :P

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Woooo!!!!
:Cheers :tt1

For any of the newer folks, how have they found out about the site?

Iron Shiek
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
JHans:

Super Bowl VII Eve was January 13, 1973. Talk about an internet pioneer! :P

Well in his defense, he said "Steeler Bowl VII"...but he's still a pioneer being #2 on the block...the senior citizen of the board.

jj28west
01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
For years I would lurk on the Trib too intimidated to post because you had several characters that were knowledgable and they would let you know they were knowledgable and immediately dismiss your position as being idiotic even if you tried to back it up with solid facts. Then it got personal with several board bullies and really got out of control towards the last couple of months.

Having said that there were a number of classy guys like the lawyer who's wife was fighting cancer (Patrick Williams?) and a number of guys that I felt were as informed about football as any media analyst and were hardcore Steeler junkies. Some members like HHH came across to me as a "shock value poster" that although blatantly crude and shallow usually ended up setting a thread on fire. The majority of the good Trib refugees at least decided to make this Board one of their main stops.

There were several other Boards but they seemed like a fan "who only sees what he sees" either on TV or through the media. Here you have guys that even coulld argue and backup points about why Bruce A. should not shoulder all the blame instead of the usual BA sucks rant that I am guilty of being a part of. They get into the bowels of a play, player tendencies, etc and this is something that I crave to know about.

This board was back linked from the Trib board and thats how I found out about it. Its gaining in popularity because just a 1/2 year ago when I googled steeler discussion board forum I never saw it on the 1st page. Now I believe its ranked 7 on page 1.

What you may want to do is add the words "Steeler Discussion Board Forum" in the source code of the title tag on the landing page for some Search Engine Optimization. I have to believe that is a good keyword search term. Just a thought...