PDA

View Full Version : From Kings MMQB

Chachi
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Found this interesting and encouraging.....

7. I think I'm still mulling the outcome of this game. I thought I was sold on the Cards for a while, but I spent time last week talking to coaches and defensive backs who have played Larry Fitzgerald, and there's a good deal of faith out there that the Steelers won't get ramrodded by this great player. Give me a few days to noodle on the outcome.

rpmpit
01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
"sold on the Cards"???

Fitzgerald is a great player. I would never try to argue that. But all of these "experts" are thinking that this one guy is going to beat us?? Give me a friggin' break. I think its all hype to make it seem like this game might be competitive. It won't be.

Steeler Expat
01-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Our favorite NFL analyst Rich Eisen was on Sirius today saying Fitz is the best receiver he has ever seen and went on to pick the Cards to win. Things are already starting like SBXL, with Richie E on our opponent's jock from the beginning. All we need is Trent Dilfer to start his gay man love for Kurt Warner and we'll be on our way.

Regarding the OP, I would like to hear the actual analysis from the people King was talking about.

BURGH86STEEL
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Our favorite NFL analyst Rich Eisen was on Sirius today saying Fitz is the best receiver he has ever seen and went on to pick the Cards to win. Things are already starting like SBXL, with Richie E on our opponent's jock from the beginning. All we need is Trent Dilfer to start his gay man love for Kurt Warner and we'll be on our way.

Regarding the OP, I would like to hear the actual analysis from the people King was talking about.

Fitz is a really good WR. No question about it. When it comes to being the best, he is the flavor of the month right now. Next year the best WR may be Moss, Smith, Johnson, or someone else. That is how it works for WRs around the league.

I believe Eisen hates the Steelers organization. Someone must of rubbed him the wrong way.

feltdizz
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Until we show how to defend Fitz, I think Fitzgerald deserves all the credit he is getting.

He is that good and anyone who watched him at PITT knows he has been overshadowed by the TO's, Ocho's and Steve Smith's of the league. He is one of the best WR I have ever seen so of course some will pick him to have a monster game...

but we also know how good our D is...

I think it will be one of the classic SB matchups and an entertaining win for us.

feltdizz
01-26-2009, 01:29 PM

Fitz is a really good WR. No question about it. When it comes to being the best, he is the flavor of the month right now. Next year the best WR may be Moss, Smith, Johnson, or someone else. That is how it works for WRs around the league.

I believe Eisen hates the Steelers organization. Someone must of rubbed him the wrong way.

I think Fitz has always been top 3 but he is in AZ so he doesn't get the press he deserves

BURGH86STEEL
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM

I think Fitz has always been top 3 but he is in AZ so he doesn't get the press he deserves

In any given year, the top 3 WRs can easily change. It can change for several reasons. IMO, it is very difficult to say one is clearly better than the others.

ramblinjim
01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
The Cards "O" gives me heartburn, no doubt about it. But our "D" should be giving them heartburn. Ike Taylor covers CJ, TO, & Moss and has done a pretty good job. Those guys, this year, did not have Kurt Warner throwing the ball to them but it's not like Ike is Chad Scott out there covering people.

The heartburn will continue though.

NorthCoast
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
"sold on the Cards"???

Fitzgerald is a great player. I would never try to argue that. But all of these "experts" are thinking that this one guy is going to beat us?? Give me a friggin' break. I think its all hype to make it seem like this game might be competitive. It won't be.

I don't think it is "this one guy" who is going to beat us. The problem comes when you devote so much defensive attention to "this one guy" it's the rest of the team that can give us fits. Boldin could be a No. 1 receiver on half the teams in the league (and might be starting next year). If Ike can keep the big plays to Fitz down by himself, this will be huge for the Steelers. Ike will have to play physical to disrupt Warner's timing with Fitz. Fitz will gets his catches, we just have to limit the big plays downfield.

AkronSteel
01-26-2009, 11:38 PM
"sold on the Cards"???

I don't think it is "this one guy" who is going to beat us. The problem comes when you devote so much defensive attention to "this one guy" it's the rest of the team that can give us fits. Boldin could be a No. 1 receiver on half the teams in the league (and might be starting next year). If Ike can keep the big plays to Fitz down by himself, this will be huge for the Steelers. Ike will have to play physical to disrupt Warner's timing with Fitz. Fitz will gets his catches, we just have to limit the big plays downfield.

The Steelers have allowed only 3 pass plays over 40 yards this year including the playoffs! I don't expect that trend to change! I fully expect the Steelers D to show why they should be considered one of the greatest of all times come Sunday!!!

:tt1 :tt2

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-27-2009, 11:18 AM

I don't think he hates us, I think he is there to just grab the opposite viewpoint sometimes, make things interesting.

If all the others are talking up the Steelers, he takes the other side.

Djfan
01-27-2009, 11:26 AM
If it's all about Fitz (and it's not) then stop him a few times and we win.

That's a dumb reason to pick a SB winner IMO.

MeetJoeGreene
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM

I don't think he hates us, I think he is there to just grab the opposite viewpoint sometimes, make things interesting.

If all the others are talking up the Steelers, he takes the other side.

That would be true if Rich wasn't always taking the anti-Steeler stance. He does. While he drips with condescending arrogance.

Ghost
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
The Cards were a pedestrian 9-7 this season including get blown out by the pats and Vikings at the end. Apparrently, contrary to the current media knob job going on; there IS a way to stop Fitzgerald...