PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben is Healthy

flippy
01-26-2009, 05:51 AM
A lot has been made about our offense not being that good.

Not as good as our defense.

Some say it's Arians' play calling.

But I think it's been Ben's separated shoulder. He just hasn't had his big arm.

Everyone's focused on the amazing Arizona offense and Warner and Fitzgerald.

But the bigger story oughta be that Ben's healthy and that means Arizona is in trouble.

If it weren't for dropped balls and missed calls, Ben pretty much put up a 4-5 TD and 350 yards passing with 0 INTs against the #2 defense in the game last week.

The week before he converted 3rd and longs with ease to carry this team in back to back weeks.

A healthy Ben puts makes our offense better than our defense.

It's the story no one is telling.

And it's the reason we're winning the SuperBowl.

Ben is back.

Ben is healthy.

Ben is ready to carry us to victory.

msp26505
01-26-2009, 07:22 AM

I agree that a healthy Ben makes our offense a LOT better, but saying they are better than the best defense the NFL has seen in years is a bit optimistic, even for our favorite fast food icon.

flippy
01-26-2009, 07:42 AM

I agree that a healthy Ben makes our offense a LOT better, but saying they are better than the best defense the NFL has seen in years is a bit optimistic, even for our favorite fast food icon.

If it comes down to making a clutch play to end the game, who do you want on the field?

The defense or Ben?

I'll take Ben.

100$handshake
01-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Yes Ben is healthy and ready to have a big game. But how in the world do you come up with 300-350 yds with 4-5 TD's against the Ratbirds? Willie did drop a ball that's probably a TD if a guy could at least get his hands on the ball and Sweed and Tone dropped possible TD passes but those were on the same drive !

Scarletfire1970
01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
True and we have had to play the toughest defenses in the NFL.

That said, Ben may be healthy, but Hines isn't. If he can't go, Holmes and Nate are going to get all the attention. The Cards will make Sweed beat them. I don't like our chances there and I don't think we will be able to run the ball well against them. I hope I am wrong.

Our D is going to have a tough day. Warner is a difficult QB to play against. Their line does a nice job of giving him just enough time to get the ball out to his two pro bowl WRs. Hopefully our secondary is up to the task, but I think this is going to be a high scoring game. Hopefully our offense can match it.

MeetJoeGreene
01-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Having Ben at full strength has made a big difference.

flippy
01-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Yes Ben is healthy and ready to have a big game. But how in the world do you come up with 300-350 yds with 4-5 TD's against the Ratbirds? Willie did drop a ball that's probably a TD if a guy could at least get his hands on the ball and Sweed and Tone dropped possible TD passes but those were on the same drive !

2 to Tone
1 to FWP
1 to Sweed
and the 1 Tone caught.

If Sweed and Tonio were on the same drive then 4.

Jooser
01-26-2009, 11:24 AM
There are always unexpected heroes in the Super Bowl. Take the helmet grab last year by a little known WR. If Sweed can get his head screwed on straight, you just never know what could happen. I agree though, being without Hines would hurt, being with Hines is gonna hurt too, the other team that is.... :wink:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
and Sweed and Tone dropped possible TD passes but those were on the same drive !

Actually, the big ones were on different drives:

Santonio's drop/catch was in the first Q:

1-10-BAL 24 (6:33) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep right to 10-S.Holmes to BAL 1 for 23 yards (20-E.Reed). Baltimore challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right to 10-S.Holmes (31-F.Washington).

And Sweed dropped his on the last drive of the first half:

1-10- (1:00) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep left to 14-L.Sweed. PIT-14-L.Sweed was injured during the play.
Timeout #3 by PIT at 00:53. Injury. Timeout charged to PIT.

After the Holmes fiasco, there were no extra yards for Ben on that drive, so net loss of 23. After Sweed's drop, Ben threw for another 23 yards, so net loss of 27.

Add in the Parker drop and you probably lose about 16 more (if he takes it in). There is 66 yards and 3 TD's left on the field. However, had those things happened the game takes a different tangent, so who knows what would have happened from there.

flippy
01-26-2009, 01:31 PM
True and we have had to play the toughest defenses in the NFL.

That said, Ben may be healthy, but Hines isn't. If he can't go, Holmes and Nate are going to get all the attention. The Cards will make Sweed beat them. I don't like our chances there and I don't think we will be able to run the ball well against them. I hope I am wrong.

Our D is going to have a tough day. Warner is a difficult QB to play against. Their line does a nice job of giving him just enough time to get the ball out to his two pro bowl WRs. Hopefully our secondary is up to the task, but I think this is going to be a high scoring game. Hopefully our offense can match it.

No #3 or #4 WR is likely physically capable of covering Sweed.

This kid can be a big surprise matchup nightmare.

He just has to catch the ball.

I'll be surprised if Ben doesn't look his way a couple times.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM

I agree that Arizona's #3 or #4 WR will likely not be able to cover Sweed. Luckily for the Cardinals, Steve Breaston and Jerheme Urban do not have to play defense. It remains to be seen how Arizona's #3 or #4 CB, the colorfully named Eric Green and Ralph Brown, match up with Sweed, though. :wink:

feltdizz
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I expect Sweed to drop another big pass in the SB... seriously, I don't think he will get over his drops until the offseason. He will catch what hits him between the numbers but anything over the top or shoulder will be dropped.

No different then that open lay up we always see missed. So easy it becomes hard
Not trying to be negative I just think he is scared as sh*t about getting hit by a safety.. like it happened in HS, College or Clark tagged him in practice... and he has yet to get over it.

I hope he does get over it by game time... I know he will get open and have a shot at a TD.

flippy
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM

I agree that Arizona's #3 or #4 WR will likely not be able to cover Sweed. Luckily for the Cardinals, Steve Breaston and Jerheme Urban do not have to play defense. It remains to be seen how Arizona's #3 or #4 CB, the colorfully named Eric Green and Ralph Brown, match up with Sweed, though. :wink:

I get so excited when I type.

My fingers can't keep up with the emotion :D

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM

I get so excited when I type.

My fingers can't keep up with the emotion :D

Flippy? Excited??? No way! You've got to be kidding, right? :mrgreen: