PDA

View Full Version : Burgh school districts

Djfan
01-26-2009, 01:32 AM
I know I have asked this before but I lost the info from my computer crash.

What school districts in the Burgh are worth looking into for work? Wifey and I are exploring the possibility of leaving So Cal once again, and have that area on our radar. In addition to being the best wedding DJ in So Cal, I teach math. Yeah, I'm a party animal!

Thanks!

Oviedo
02-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Florida needs teachers and thee is no state income tax. Being from the land of fruits and nuts you can appreciate that.

Jigawatts
02-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Florida needs teachers and thee is no state income tax. Being from the land of fruits and nuts you can appreciate that.

My sister-in-law got a job in a Polk County school over the phone. I can't remember
which school, but she lived somewhere near Winter Haven.

She's since moved back to the area and now has a teaching job, but I thought
it was amazing how easy it was to get a teaching job in Florida as opposed to the
Youngstown area.

snarky
02-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Fox Chapel is considered one of the better public school districts in the country.

Snatch98
02-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I'd say a good number of schools in Allegheny County. Fox Chapel, Plum, Gateway, Upper St. Clair, Mt. Lebanon....I can really only speak for plum. I'm a 01' Plum High School Graduate.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Upper St. Clair and Mt. Lebanon were recently rated near the top of all the school districts in the state of Pennsylvania based on PSSA test scores.

Djfan
02-16-2009, 10:10 PM
No thanks on FLA. I want four seasons and season tics! (dream over)

Cali is getting worse. They just upped the state taxes, cut my job security, and still won't put up a fence.

We're also the state that sent Pelosi, Feinstein and whatshername to DC.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I have to speak to my class and tell them not to make fun of a gay kid in our room anymore (yeah, 6th grade!). Love it here!

MeetJoeGreene
02-17-2009, 08:59 AM
I think the good Allegheny county schools were mentioned. If you go just over the border into Westmoreland county -- Norwin is (or used to be) a decent school district). And you don't have Allegheny County taxes.