PDA

View Full Version : No Football on Sunday Steelers pre XLIII Mock.

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 07:38 PM
1st round:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ariz/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2150307.jpegEben Britton OT Arizona.
-Currently the 5th ranked Tackle on the board behind Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, and Michael Oher. With maybe a team like the Eagles reaching on a guy like Beatty (#6) over Britton because they can afford to wait around for that talent to come into place.

2nd round:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lou/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2221442.jpegEric Wood OC Louisville.
-One of the best Center class I've ever seen, and eventhough Hartwig isn't the main problem (not saying much, seeing as Ben is still on his ass regardless of how you break it down), the Steelers would be dumb to pass on one of these 3 franchise guys (Mack, Unger, Wood). It's not often you see 3 Centers taken after 2 rounds, but with the Guard class as weak as it is, and all 3 of these guys being capable of making the switch at the pro level...we'd be fortunate to land one of these building blocks...for years to come.

3rd round:
http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/01/small_Robo2.jpgBrian Robiskie WR Ohio State.
-As we saw with ARE, Nate Washington will cash in on the ol' Super Bowl inflated contract, "receiving" a payday somewhere else. Robiskie's father is the Atlanta Falcons Wide Receivers coach. It's in his blood and has been for years. Great head on his shoulders. Reminds me of how Larry Fitzgerald was brought up, and what his relationship with his Dad is.

Final thoughts:
-This is how you treat your 100 million dollar QB.
-I have a feeling Colbert will trade up to get one of the top tackles in this draft much like he went after Holmes after Super Bowl XL.
-Tyson Jackson "true 3-4 DE" LSU: I wouldn't complain if he were picked anywhere in this mock.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Not sure if he would be there at the end of the 3rd...but what would you think of Pat White as a slot WR/ KR/ PR type guy?

Oviedo
01-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU in Round 1.

Kraig Urbik, OL in Round 2.

Fenuki Tupou, OT in Round 3a

CB/KR, Joe Burnett from Central Florida in Round 3b

pfelix73
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I like Beaty over the other guy. Plus, he's a homeboy from PA.

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Not sure if he would be there at the end of the 3rd...but what would you think of Pat White as a slot WR/ KR/ PR type guy?

Ever since his performance in Super Bowl XL, every draft, teams are trying to find that next Randle El...without success. Pat White is that guy. But as of right now they're saying he's going to be stubborn and prove he can play QB on the next level. He didn't take one snap as a WR/KR in Mobile at the Senior Bowl all week. That doesn't help.

Also, with Bruce the box of rocks Arians calling plays, I'm not sure what to think if White did decide to go the smart route playing WR/trick plays..Kind of like when we drafted Randle El over Antonio Bryant back in the day. Under these circumstances or speed bump I should say (Arians), I'd probably go with the Bryant (Robisikie).

Chavezz
01-25-2009, 09:08 PM

No,

Hope that helps.

Chavezz

stlrz d
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
This is an excellent mock draft.

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU in Round 1.

Kraig Urbik, OL in Round 2.

Fenuki Tupou, OT in Round 3a

CB/KR, Joe Burnett from Central Florida in Round 3b

Tyson Jackson :tt2

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I like Beaty over the other guy. Plus, he's a homeboy from PA.

Can't go wrong with Beatty. The most raw of the bunch, but if the Steelers have a high grade on him that should be there pick regardless if he can't come in on day one and dominate right away. However, I've also never seen such a mess on the OL before between the unsigned and Ben being sacked the most times in the league since 04'. They may choose the quicker fix here.

Eben Britton is being compared as the White Ryan Clady. Just something to think about when saying over the "other" guy.

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 10:01 PM
1st round:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ariz/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2150307.jpegEben Britton OT Arizona.
-Currently the 5th ranked Tackle on the board behind Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, and Michael Oher. With maybe a team like the Eagles reaching on a guy like Beatty (#6) over Britton because they can afford to wait around for that talent to come into place.

2nd round:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lou/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/2221442.jpegEric Wood OC Louisville.
-One of the best Center class I've ever seen, and eventhough Hartwig isn't the main problem (not saying much, seeing as Ben is still on his bad word regardless of how you break it down), the Steelers would be dumb to pass on one of these 3 franchise guys (Mack, Unger, Wood). It's not often you see 3 Centers taken after 2 rounds, but with the Guard class as weak as it is, and all 3 of these guys being capable of making the switch at the pro level...we'd be fortunate to land one of these building blocks...for years to come.

3rd round:
http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/01/small_Robo2.jpgBrian Robiskie WR Ohio State.
-As we saw with ARE, Nate Washington will cash in on the ol' Super Bowl inflated contract, "receiving" a payday somewhere else. Robiskie's father is the Atlanta Falcons Wide Receivers coach. It's in his blood and has been for years. Great head on his shoulders. Reminds me of how Larry Fitzgerald was brought up, and what his relationship with his Dad is.

Final thoughts:
-This is how you treat your 100 million dollar QB.
-I have a feeling Colbert will trade up to get one of the top tackles in this draft much like he went after Holmes after Super Bowl XL.
-Tyson Jackson "true 3-4 DE" LSU: I wouldn't complain if he were picked anywhere in this mock.

WOT, welcome to The Happy Hunting Grounds here. Enjoy the stay.

While I'm not exactly averse to the idea of drafting an OT in the, I feel like the Steelers will need to sign a FA to play LT. Britton could possibly start from Game 1 at RT, hence, I like the idea.

I'd imagine that Wood would probably still be available when the Steelers draft at the end of the 3rd. My question with him would be whether he could also play G? The Steelers need that kind of versatility.

Before I comment on Robiskie, let me note that buckeyehoppy knows whereof he speaks regarding TBDTITL (The Best Damn Team In The Land) :roll:

I don't particularly care what his bloodlines are, Robiskie is going to suck in the NFL. He is horrible going into traffic and can be easily harassed by practically any DB. He has good head knowledge of the ins and outs of the position, but he just doesn't execute the position very well.

Knowing that the Steelers could use another DL to shore up the bench at that position, that would probably be a better way to go with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. They'll also need to look at CB regardless of the outcome of the BMac negotiations.

And Tyson Jackson would be an awesome add to the Steelers.

Again, welcome aboard WOT.

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 10:27 PM

While I'm not exactly averse to the idea of drafting an OT in the, I feel like the Steelers will need to sign a FA to play LT. Britton could possibly start from Game 1 at RT, hence, I like the idea.

I'd imagine that Wood would probably still be available when the Steelers draft at the end of the 3rd. My question with him would be whether he could also play G? The Steelers need that kind of versatility.

Before I comment on Robiskie, let me note that buckeyehoppy knows whereof he speaks regarding TBDTITL (The Best Damn Team In The Land) :roll:

I don't particularly care what his bloodlines are, Robiskie is going to suck in the NFL. He is horrible going into traffic and can be easily harassed by practically any DB. He has good head knowledge of the ins and outs of the position, but he just doesn't execute the position very well.

Knowing that the Steelers could use another DL to shore up the bench at that position, that would probably be a better way to go with a 2nd or 3rd rounder. They'll also need to look at CB regardless of the outcome of the BMac negotiations.

Thanks for the welcome.

I doubt Wood is there for the Steelers in the 3rd because of the lack of depth in this years Guard class. Not too mention they are all "franchise" type Centers. Which is a rare find in one draft. We'd have to pick one up in the 2nd. And yes they can all play Guard. In which, I'd imagine that would be Wood's first assignment in year one, slowly making the transition over to Center much like Ryan Khalil in Carolina, ironically at the expense of no other than Justin Hartwig.

About Robiskie. You're obviously in the know here, so I'll take your opinion over mine and quite frankly half the draft sites out there. Because when a fan talks crap about one of their own, there has to be some question marks lol. So a couple questions. Can he make the jump ball? And does he come back for balls? In other words, a WR that matches Ben's style?

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I doubt Wood is there for the Steelers in the 3rd because of the lack of depth in this years Guard class. Not too mention they are all "franchise" type Centers. Which is a rare find in one draft. We'd have to pick one up in the 2nd. And yes they can all play Guard. In which, I'd imagine that would be Wood's first assignment in year one, slowly making the transition over to Center much like Ryan Khalil in Carolina, ironically at the expense of no other than Justin Hartwig.

About Robiskie. You're obviously in the know here, so I'll take your opinion over mine and quite frankly half the draft sites out there. Because when a fan talks crap about one of their own, there has to be some question marks lol. So a couple questions. Can he make the jump ball? And does he come back for balls? In other words, a WR that matches Ben's style?

The Steelers will either go OL 1st/DL 2nd or DL 1st/OL 2nd. In which case, they will take BPA if it falls into either bailiwick and has value at their 1st round position. I'd be elated if Jackson was there at the end of the 1st. Other that also qualify in the "elated" category would be Mack and Robinson. Something tells me that one of the three will be there at the end of the first when the Steelers draft, even if we are early in the process.

Robiskie plays shorter than he is. It's like I said: he has good knowledge of the position and knows what to do. But he is easily harassed under pressure. In other words, he hears footsteps and freezes. He dropped a lot of balls at tOSU and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Steelers.

I doubt he'd be there at the end of the 3rd, but Derrick Williams would be awesome to add if he was available. He just seems to me to be the next Hines Ward. I'd believe that scouts might be thinking the same way. Here's a decent link with a detailed description:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingr ... lliams.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Derrick-Williams.php)

Also, look at this guy's bio and tell me he couldn't help the Steelers. Might be a bit raw, but I like some of the particulars in his description:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingr ... Foster.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Brooks-Foster.php)

AkronSteel
01-25-2009, 11:22 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

The Steelers will either go OL 1st/DL 2nd or DL 1st/OL 2nd. In which case, they will take BPA if it falls into either bailiwick and has value at their 1st round position. I'd be elated if Jackson was there at the end of the 1st. Other that also qualify in the "elated" category would be Mack and Robinson. Something tells me that one of the three will be there at the end of the first when the Steelers draft, even if we are early in the process.

Robiskie plays shorter than he is. It's like I said: he has good knowledge of the position and knows what to do. But he is easily harassed under pressure. In other words, he hears footsteps and freezes. He dropped a lot of balls at tOSU and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Steelers.

I doubt he'd be there at the end of the 3rd, but Derrick Williams would be awesome to add if he was available. He just seems to me to be the next Hines Ward. I'd believe that scouts might be thinking the same way. Here's a decent link with a detailed description:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingr ... lliams.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Derrick-Williams.php)

Also, look at this guy's bio and tell me he couldn't help the Steelers. Might be a bit raw, but I like some of the particulars in his description:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingr ... Foster.php (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Brooks-Foster.php)

Another Buckeyes fan here.......no thank you on Robiskie! The guy is slow in and out of cuts, does not have very good hands and can be muscled very easily at the LOS! I agree with BH.....don't want this kid anywhere near the Steelers!

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 11:29 PM

Not sure why, but I have a good feeling about Robiskie being a better pro than a college player. A guy with smarts, getting more knowledgable as the year goes by, putting it to use as an advantage, oppose to just relying on ability. I see him developing well if in the right situation.

Yeah I like Derrick Williams. He's a player.

Foster looks like a UDFA you'd bring in to camp. Not saying it's a bad thing, but I don't see him being drafted.

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Another Buckeyes fan here.......no thank you on Robiskie! The guy is slow in and out of cuts, does not have very good hands and can be muscled very easily at the LOS! I agree with BH.....don't want this kid anywhere near the Steelers!

You can never tell with WR's and their transition to the NFL. It can go either way. There have been plenty of great College Wideouts who were a bust, and plenty of overlooked Wide Receivers who have became stars.

I'd gamble on a guy with brains over a guy with raw ability when it comes to the WR position in the NFL since there is such a fine line with them being able to grasp what's being taught to them. Some just don't get it, no matter how great they were in college, or how good their hands are. In fact, there was a quote somewhere saying that the playbook for a WR is the most important out of any position on the field in terms of making it in the league within the first 3 years.

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 11:56 PM

You can never tell with WR's and their transition to the NFL. It can go either way. There have been plenty of great College Wideouts who were a bust, and plenty of overlooked Wide Receivers who have became stars.

I'd gamble on a guy with brains over a guy with raw ability when it comes to the WR position in the NFL since there is such a fine line with them being able to grasp what's being taught to them. Some just don't get it, no matter how great they were in college, or how good their hands are. In fact, there was a quote somewhere saying that the playbook for a WR is the most important out of any position on the field in terms of making it in the league within the first 3 years.

It sounds like AS and I are ganging up on Robiskie. Perhaps we are. But the tale of the tape won't indicate that the guy already has trouble with fundamentals that will only be magnified in the NFL, where the players are bigger, faster and will react to player tendencies better than in college.

If the average NFL DB knows the guy will fold when he's in traffic, the first thing they will do is have a body on him in every play.

WRs are terribly unpredictable as draft picks, to be sure. And it really isn't a position the Steelers need desperately. They should be able to re-up Washington, who has improved every year since he entered the league. The others are all under contract for next season and should be even stronger next season as a unit. That will be especially true in the case of Sweed if he can get a grip, literally, on the ball.

WoodleyofTroy
01-26-2009, 12:12 AM

It sounds like AS and I are ganging up on Robiskie. Perhaps we are. But the tale of the tape won't indicate that the guy already has trouble with fundamentals that will only be magnified in the NFL, where the players are bigger, faster and will react to player tendencies better than in college.

If the average NFL DB knows the guy will fold when he's in traffic, the first thing they will do is have a body on him in every play.

WRs are terribly unpredictable as draft picks, to be sure. And it really isn't a position the Steelers need desperately. They should be able to re-up Washington, who has improved every year since he entered the league. The others are all under contract for next season and should be even stronger next season as a unit. That will be especially true in the case of Sweed if he can get a grip, literally, on the ball.

Like I said, you guys know him personally better than I. But in general when speaking WR's, when one comes out of nowhere unexpectedly, it seems to be the guy that gets it, meaning he grasped and sucked up all the information early on (i.e. "This kid is further along than we anticipated") that turn out. Going across the middle is a part of growing up in this league. Whether he is one that does, I obviously don't know, but it's been done. And I find it hard to believe that with his father being a Wide Receivers coach, that he doesn't know that he'll have to change his game once on this level. Which brings me to my point of him being able to get everything quick, and be a natural at that position so to speak, taking intangibles out of the equation (i.e. timed speed)..ala Hines Ward, it's just there, the job is done.

buckeyehoppy
01-26-2009, 12:25 AM

Like I said, you guys know him personally better than I. But in general when speaking WR's, when one comes out of nowhere unexpectedly, it seems to be the guy that gets it, meaning he grasped and sucked up all the information early on (i.e. "This kid is further along than we anticipated") that turn out. Going across the middle is a part of growing up in this league. Whether he is one that does, I obviously don't know, but it's been done. And I find it hard to believe that with his father being a Wide Receivers coach, that he doesn't know that he'll have to change his game once on this level. Which brings me to my point of him being able to get everything quick, and be a natural at that position so to speak, taking intangibles out of the equation (i.e. timed speed)..ala Hines Ward, it's just there, the job is done.

We'll see with Robiskie. The odds that he can grasp a NFL playbook quickly are decidedly good. I'm sure he will need to work extensively on working in traffic and catching in a crowd. He might get it. I don't see it, but who knows?

As far as the Steelers drafting a WR before the 3rd round, I would think the odds are against it. We'll have four picks in the first three rounds and I'm pretty sure they will be taking two OL out of those four picks. Another will be devoted to the DL. My guess on the fourth would be a CB. That would be especially true if BMac bolts, which, I think, he will.

The Steelers also have a more pressing need for a FB. Sure, they might be able to convert McHugh to that role, but a pick is just as likely. The Steelers might not take a WR until the fifth round or later.

ANPSTEEL
01-26-2009, 08:56 AM

We'll see with Robiskie. The odds that he can grasp a NFL playbook quickly are decidedly good. I'm sure he will need to work extensively on working in traffic and catching in a crowd. He might get it. I don't see it, but who knows?

As far as the Steelers drafting a WR before the 3rd round, I would think the odds are against it. We'll have four picks in the first three rounds and I'm pretty sure they will be taking two OL out of those four picks. Another will be devoted to the DL. My guess on the fourth would be a CB. That would be especially true if BMac bolts, which, I think, he will.

The Steelers also have a more pressing need for a FB. Sure, they might be able to convert McHugh to that role, but a pick is just as likely. The Steelers might not take a WR until the fifth round or later.

This is exactly my thinking. The only thing that would change that for me- is if someone high on their board slides into the lower third- then they may use their 3rd to move up.

I also agree the team will go corner by rd 3- because I also think McFadden is going to take the money.

As far as Robiskie goes... he sounds like a late rounder to me- and while the steelers definitely need to find a possession receiver to replace Hines (I think he has two more years- maybe three at best.) I don't think they are going to go after that position this year. - too many other holes to fill.

You mention FB- and I agree there- but IF Arians decides to incorporate a full back into the O, its going to be McHugh or some undrafted guy- no way do they use a pick on a FB, IMO.

Lastly, welcome WOT- I really appreciate insightful draft related threads- I dont get nearly enough time to follow the college game to have much of a sense about the players.

Oviedo
01-26-2009, 09:35 AM
No need to take a FB before round 6 or 7.

We will get a CB in the first 4 picks because Bmac will take the money and run.

We also have to take at least one OL and one DL in the first 4 picks.

The real interesting decision is what would we do if Derrick Williams was available at #32? WR is not a priority need, but do you pass on hi potential ability to contribute immediately as a rookie in the return game? You could make the case that he would have a bigger impact as a returner that most rookie Round 1 picks.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 11:05 AM
No need to take a FB before round 6 or 7.

We will get a CB in the first 4 picks because Bmac will take the money and run.

We also have to take at least one OL and one DL in the first 4 picks.

The real interesting decision is what would we do if Derrick Williams was available at #32? WR is not a priority need, but do you pass on hi potential ability to contribute immediately as a rookie in the return game? You could make the case that he would have a bigger impact as a returner that most rookie Round 1 picks.

Williams is not a first round value in my mind. No way I'd consider him there with bigger needs in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Although he might be worth a pick in the late second, I still wouldn't pull the trigger, since I still think a big ugly would be a priority there (if we went o-line in round 1, I'd go d-line in round 2 or vice versa). If he slipped down to the end of the 3rd, that is the first time I would consider a guy whose primary contributions would be in the return game (which I acknowledge is a need, but not a first round need for a team that really needs the help up front first and foremost). If waiting that long means that someone else snatches him up in the mean time, so be it.

Iron Shiek
01-26-2009, 02:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Haha...I'm gonna pile on as well (Buckeye alum and avid follower). No Robiskie man. BuckeyeHoppy knocked it out of the park. Dude is soft, he wouldn't be laying the blocks Hines (or Sweed now!! :tt2 ) are laying.

buckeyehoppy
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
This is exactly my thinking. The only thing that would change that for me- is if someone high on their board slides into the lower third- then they may use their 3rd to move up.

I also agree the team will go corner by rd 3- because I also think McFadden is going to take the money.

As far as Robiskie goes... he sounds like a late rounder to me- and while the steelers definitely need to find a possession receiver to replace Hines (I think he has two more years- maybe three at best.) I don't think they are going to go after that position this year. - too many other holes to fill.

You mention FB- and I agree there- but IF Arians decides to incorporate a full back into the O, its going to be McHugh or some undrafted guy- no way do they use a pick on a FB, IMO.

Lastly, welcome WOT- I really appreciate insightful draft related threads- I dont get nearly enough time to follow the college game to have much of a sense about the players.

I don't think the Steelers can afford not to go either OL or DL in the 1st AND 2nd Rounds. They've ignored both for a while and new blood is needed in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The DL is aging and the OL has four FAs and will probably lose and/or ignore two of them.

It would be nice to sign BMac. But the demand he'll make for a contract will be out of the question. Just hope he has the type of SB that might warrant the demand he will make.

Somebody will take Robiskie in the 3rd for the upside alone. But he is not an NFL ready player, even after 4 years at tOSU. He lacks toughness and is often unnerved in man-to-man coverage. Physically, he is large. But he plays smaller than he is. Hines is considerably smaller than him and he's ten times tougher.

McHugh, thinking of it more and more, is the ideal candidate for FB. He played RB and FB through HS and college and the guy is a solid blocker. This will save the Steelers a pick if they simply go with McHugh at FB.

Some of us are just football dorks. We'll keep you filled in, ANP.

WoodleyofTroy
02-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Huge bump for Brian Robiskie. The combine panel is calling him one of their top performers of the group, working his way into the 2nd round. Football "smarts" were one of the statements that stood out to me.

steeler_george
02-23-2009, 03:57 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

Of course they are going to go for the BPA, but also keep an eye where there is depth in the draft. The way I see it, they might target in the 1st - 3rd rounds:
DE- to add youth
OL- (most pressing need)- need to upgrade big time and bring in youth, depth (most pressing need)
CB/S - Loss of Mcfadden ( most likely), Deshas age, and Clark's contract up next year and the time needed to learn the D.

Chadman
02-23-2009, 09:40 AM
With maybe a team like the Eagles reaching on a guy like Beatty (#6) over Britton because they can afford to wait around for that talent to come into place

Curious to understand your reasoning- both the Eagles starting OT's are unlikely to be on their roster on opening day- both Tra Thomas & Jon Runyan are most likely gone.

Why can they wait for talent to develop more than say, the Steelers can, with Starks & Colon both set to start at OT next season?

WoodleyofTroy
02-28-2009, 02:44 PM
With maybe a team like the Eagles reaching on a guy like Beatty (#6) over Britton because they can afford to wait around for that talent to come into place

Curious to understand your reasoning- both the Eagles starting OT's are unlikely to be on their roster on opening day- both Tra Thomas & Jon Runyan are most likely gone.

Why can they wait for talent to develop more than say, the Steelers can, with Starks & Colon both set to start at OT next season?

I knew the Eagles needed some depth at Tackle, my reasoning for giving them one, because Thomas and Runyan were up there in age, but thought both had a year or two left under contract. Didn't know they were free agents. And this was before we brought back Starks in which during media week, it looked almost certain he was gone.

RuthlessBurgher
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM

I knew the Eagles needed some depth at Tackle, my reasoning for giving them one, because Thomas and Runyan were up there in age, but thought both had a year or two left under contract. Didn't know they were free agents. And this was before we brought back Starks in which during media week, it looked almost certain he was gone.

The Eagles signed Stacy Andrews (Cincy's franchise player last year) as a free agent. If healthy, he may be a candidate to start next to his brother Shawn on the right side of their o-line.

WoodleyofTroy
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM

The Eagles signed Stacy Andrews (Cincy's franchise player last year) as a free agent. If healthy, he may be a candidate to start next to his brother Shawn on the right side of their o-line.

I saw that. This is great news. Not saying it'll stop them from taking OL, but it increases the chances of one falling to us.

buckeyehoppy
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Huge bump for Brian Robiskie. The combine panel is calling him one of their top performers of the group, working his way into the 2nd round. Football "smarts" were one of the statements that stood out to me.

My sense for Robiskie is that he would work well as a decoy in an offense that was already pass-friendly and already had at least one stud receiver. That way, he can work through the obvious flaws in his game and can develop some of the traits that will help him succeed in the NFL.

WoodleyofTroy
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Do I get bonus points if I keep this mock (although I have other favorites) being that it was posted before the Super Bowl was played?

1-Eben Britton
2-Eric Wood
3-Brian Robiskie

Looks like I was right about B.Rob though.