PDA

View Full Version : Teams that have been to the SB recently

snarky
01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Watching these NFL films shows on the NFLN, I noticed one thing -- teams that have a recent trip to the Super Bowl tend to beat those that haven't.

So I looked at wikipedia and figured out that when a team that has played in the SB within the previous four years plays a team that hasn't, the team with experience is 14-7.

Not a bad omen.

Discipline of Steel
01-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Watching these NFL films shows on the NFLN, I noticed one thing -- teams that have a recent trip to the Super Bowl tend to beat those that haven't.

So I looked at wikipedia and figured out that when a team that has played in the SB within the previous four years plays a team that hasn't, the team with experience is 14-7.

Not a bad omen.

Good omen but I think our chances are much better than 2-1!!! :Beer

Acero
01-25-2009, 04:31 PM
I was watching those old Super Bowl games too and thought something similar...

IE, Colts lose III, then win V... then the Cowboys lose V, and win VI. The Dolphins lose VI, then win VII and VIII. Cowboys lose IX, then win XII. In other words, Super Bowl losers in the 70s often won the next year or so. Obvious exceptions would be the Vikings and Broncos, and later on the Bills in the 90s.

AngryAsian
01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
The only aspect of the Cardinals that scare me is their passing attack. The best set of WRs in the league and an experience QB whose been there and who not only had the highest rating against the blitz all season but has a very quick release. All other aspects of this team (running game, defense and special teams) do not compare. I think the coaching and the prep by the coaching staff, we likewise have the edge. We neutralize the pass attack and this game will be a very lopsided towards our way.

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 05:03 PM
The only aspect of the Cardinals that scare me is their passing attack. The best set of WRs in the league and an experience QB whose been there and who not only had the highest rating against the blitz all season but has a very quick release. All other aspects of this team (running game, defense and special teams) do not compare. I think the coaching and the prep by the coaching staff, we likewise have the edge. We neutralize the pass attack and this game will be a very lopsided towards our way.

:Agree

The Steelers must neutralize the passing game because no other aspect of the Cards team is much better than middle of the road. That is indicative in their regular season record being only 9-7. There is a reason for that and the Steelers should expose that reason next Sunday.

Besides, the Steelers were the #1 D in football this year. That should mean something when compared to the Cards passing game. It will mean everything compared to the run, because the Cards will only gain with the passing game assuming the Steelers make no mistakes.

MR.V.
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I think the Steelers will neutralize the Cardinals running game making them a one dimensional offense.Our defensive coordinator will take care of the rest.

100$handshake
01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
The Steelers were one of the teams that beat an experienced Vikings team in SB IX but also lost to an experienced Cowboy team in SB XXX. And they beat an inexperienced Rams team in SB XIV

snarky
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Not a bad omen.

Good omen but I think our chances are much better than 2-1!!! :Beer

Went back and looked at this from another angle.

Teams that are favored and which have been to the SB within the past four years are 16-3 (regardless of whether their opponent had been to the SB recently or not).