PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Availability

jj28west
01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Kind of a dumb question but how does it work with tickets going on sale for the SB? I know the Cards usually get a split fanbase in their Stadium when the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc come to town. Now there are a lot of Card bandwagoners that just parachuted in and people with bucks who are probably going to go because "its the place to be". Crap, the wildcard game with Atlanta barely got sold out.

When the Cards won in the afternoon against Philly did that mean they already got 1st dibs on tickets or do tickets go on sale the next morning?
I still remember how incredible it was when Franco came out with the Towel to the sea of Steeler Fans in Detroit during the SB and am hoping Steeler Nation can take over the city, stadium, etc this time around also.
Thanks

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Kind of a dumb question but how does it work with tickets going on sale for the SB? I know the Cards usually get a split fanbase in their Stadium when the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, etc come to town. Now there are a lot of Card bandwagoners that just parachuted in and people with bucks who are probably going to go because "its the place to be". Crap, the wildcard game with Atlanta barely got sold out.

When the Cards won in the afternoon against Philly did that mean they already got 1st dibs on tickets or do tickets go on sale the next morning?
I still remember how incredible it was when Franco came out with the Towel to the sea of Steeler Fans in Detroit during the SB and am hoping Steeler Nation can take over the city, stadium, etc this time around also.
Thanks

Bank on it, it's gonna happen. Raymond James, or whatever they are calling it these days, is going to be a sea of terrible towels.

jj28west
01-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I get a chill when thinking about how a lot of those fans being hard core blue collar types will be demonstrating that kind of support. Not that it matters but its awesome when the entire world will witness that unique type of bond between athlete and fan.

SteelBucks
01-25-2009, 06:10 PM

Thanks

Bank on it, it's gonna happen. Raymond James, or whatever they are calling it these days, is going to be a sea of terrible towels.

One ticket broker thinks the ratio will be 10:1 in the stadium. It'll basically be a home game.

:tt2

WoodleyofTroy
01-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Outside of the Super Bowl...I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Steelers fans in Florida and it's surrounding area, than there are Cardinals fans in Arizona.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM

Thanks

The way it works in Pittsburgh (and I'm assuming everywhere else, but I cannot confirm, since I am only a season ticket holder for the Steelers) is that the team sends out letters letting all of their season ticket holders know about their Super Bowl ticket lottery right around the time you have to send in your money for home playoff tickets. In order to enter the lottery, you have to send in the full amount for face value Super Bowl tickets ($800 per ticket this year) plus a $25 processing fee right at that point. We sent in a check for $1625 that very day to cover our 2 tickets. If you are not chosen in the lottery or your team does not make it to the Super Bowl, that $800 per ticket gets rolled over into your account to cover the next season's ticket bill. If you do get chosen for the lottery, they inform you a couple of days before the conference championship game (we got our letter on Friday before the Raven game). So, basically, at that point, you know that if your team advances to the Super Bowl, you are going as well. That is how I got tickets to Super Bowl XL and XLIII. If you wait until after your team has qualified for the Super Bowl, your only options are eBay, StubHub, ticket brokers, etc. and those tickets will cost you much more than face value (several times more, actually). Although the Steeler and the Cardinal organizations were allotted the same number of tickets, there is no doubt in my mind that there will be over 90% Steeler fans in Tampa just like there were over 90% Steeler fans in Detroit. I think if Philly made it instead of Arizona, it would have been more like a 60-40 split in favor of the Steelers.

jj28west
01-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks Ruthless for the info. I had no clue there was an actual system like you explained. The Titans had to make up towels to prove to themselves that they own their own house. We will go to another state and its appearing like the Google Map satellite will see nothing but Black-n-Gold representing.