PDA

View Full Version : Cards Fans Dissing Ben....

Jooser
01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, here they go, only looking at stats, not the man...

http://forums.azcardinals.com//showthread.php?t=39084

:moon

TallyStiller
01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
What do you expect? Most of them started watching football last Sunday. And we thought the opposing fan base couldn't POSSIBLY get any more ignorant than Seattle's before XL... :roll:

stlrz d
01-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I spent some time browsing some Cards forums and it just wasn't even worth it. Most of them simply don't understand anything beyond comparing stats.

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2009, 11:26 AM
It's going to make it even more sweet when Big Ben goes off on those rookie punks.

Flasteel
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Someone needs to post that picture Acero made onto that forum.

Acero
01-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Someone needs to post that picture Acero made onto that forum.

Workin' on it ;) I already signed up, just waiting for their "mods" to approve my account. Username there is "Jack Lambert".

Ain't it cute how they have their "NFC West champs" and "NFC Champs" buttons in their sigs? I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

Jooser
01-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Someone actually had the nerve to start thread over there yesterday stating in his opinion this game will be a blowout and they are going to finally earn respect. These idiots are more delusional than the Seahag fans were a couple of years ago. Sure, they've played some pretty good ball in the playoffs, but on the other hand we all know how bad they are capable of playing too. Furthermore, Philly came pretty darn close to coming back and knocking them out of the Super Bowl. I just want to get it on, our D is going to knock Warner around like nobody's business.

TallyStiller
01-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Gonna be hard for them to get beyond "we're just happy to be here". I think they'll fall apart on the big stage.

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2009, 09:35 PM
I have to be honest here, and I am usually pretty reserved about this kind of stuff, but I honestly think we are going to blow THEM out. Oh well, time will tell.

pfelix73
01-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I really think that by playing all of these stellar defenses that we've played the last half of the season has gotten us ready for this run to the top.

The Cards D may have stepped it up a notch this post season BUT it is still the same old Cards D, and I think that FWP and Mewelde Moore are going to put up big numbers for our running game.

We should win this one going away..... As long as we don't give them any easy TD's...

Steelers 34
Cards 20

FWP- MVP.

proudpittsburgher
01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I really think that by playing all of these stellar defenses that we've played the last half of the season has gotten us ready for this run to the top.

The Cards D may have stepped it up a notch this post season BUT it is still the same old Cards D, and I think that FWP and Mewelde Moore are going to put up big numbers for our running game.

We should win this one going away..... As long as we don't give them any easy TD's...

Steelers 34
Cards 20

FWP- MVP.

That's uncanny. I was just laying in bed thinking about this last night, and I came up with 34-21. That, and I thought we jumped out to a 34-7 lead and gave up two late meaningless TDs.

papillon
01-26-2009, 10:37 AM
That's what you do when you don't really believe your team can win the game. You make fun of the other team's fan base, their city, their past teams, their mother, brothers and sisters, etc. Talk is cheap; particularly when it comes from fans, since, we don''t even play the game.

Pappy

BURGH86STEEL
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Does it really matter what they think? We know what Ben is capable of doing in games. Lets hope the good Ben shows up over the inconsistent Ben.

Jooser
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
No it doesn't really matter, i just thought it was a cool topic for conversation. The Rats boards were ablaze about Ben the week before we kicked their A$$3$ and looked what Ben did to them. All I'm saying is that they totally are overlooking the fact that we played an incredible schedule this year and went 12-4, and instead they only focus on Ben's subpar numbers this year.

BURGH86STEEL
01-26-2009, 01:23 PM
No it doesn't really matter, i just thought it was a cool topic for conversation. The Rats boards were ablaze about Ben the week before we kicked their A$$3$ and looked what Ben did to them. All I'm saying is that they totally are overlooking the fact that we played an incredible schedule this year and went 12-4, and instead they only focus on Ben's subpar numbers this year.

Let me start by saying I was not trying to trash your thread.
I think we would be discussing the same things if their QB did not play consistently well during the season. They are hoping the inconsistent Ben shows up. We are hoping the good Ben shows up. They have to pin their hopes onto something. If the inconsistent Ben shows up will it prove they were right? Will it make Ben any less a player? I do not think it will.

There are a lot of fans outside of Steelers fans that do not think Ben is anything special. Sometimes his inconsistent play backs up some of those fan's opinions. It is what it is. It really does not matter as long as Ben continues to help this team win games.

steelblood
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
One Ben had pedestrian stats this year. He also played with a bum shoulder, a poor line, in terrible weather, against a brutal schedule.

Jooser
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM

Let me start by saying I was not trying to trash your thread.
I think we would be discussing the same things if their QB did not play consistently well during the season. They are hoping the inconsistent Ben shows up. We are hoping the good Ben shows up. They have to pin their hopes onto something. If the inconsistent Ben shows up will it prove they were right? Will it make Ben any less a player? I do not think it will.

There are a lot of fans outside of Steelers fans that do not think Ben is anything special. Sometimes his inconsistent play backs up some of those fan's opinions. It is what it is. It really does not matter as long as Ben continues to help this team win games.

Points well taken. I guess what bugs me about their trash talk is that I'd like to see what Warner's stats would look like under the same circumstances. One, he plays in warm climate and has a retractable dome roof over his head (keep in mind his and the team's performance against the Pats in inclement weather). Two, they play in what's probably the weakest division in football and finished 9-7. Warner hasn't really been punished on a consistent basis, unlike Ben who played the toughest defenses in the league all season long. I just think like Stlrs_d does, they are ignorant of football facts and are just "assuming" that the bad Ben's going to show up and that he is nothing to worry about. I can't wait until he shows them otherwise.....

stlrz d
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
That's what I find laughable Jooser...they just can't comprehend anything beyond stats.

Jooser
01-27-2009, 01:04 PM
That's what I find laughable Jooser...they just can't comprehend anything beyond stats.

Here, here brotha!
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/hellya.gif WOOOOO!!!!