PDA

View Full Version : Steelers TE arrested

SteelerNation1
01-24-2009, 10:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-arrest&prov=ap&type=lgns)

LEXANDRIA, Va. (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jonathan Dekker was arrested early Saturday and charged with obstruction of justice.

Dekker, who injured his knee in August and spent the season on injured reserve, was released on $1,000 bond, police said.

Police said they responded to a complaint at 3:30 a.m. near Old Town Alexandria. When they arrived, police said, Dekker tried to flee but was apprehended.

Police did not provide details of the complaint. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Dekker played three games for the Steelers in 2007. He was signed by the Steelers in 2006 as a free agent from Princeton and spent that season on the practice squad.

Pittsburgh plays Arizona in the Super Bowl on Feb. 1.
Whew! I thought it was Heath.

Chavezz
01-24-2009, 10:39 PM
I was going down the list...

Heath
Speath
McHugh....

DEKKER! YES!

Cut him and move on, he wouldn't make the team next year anyway.

MeetJoeGreene
01-24-2009, 11:46 PM

Heath
Speath
McHugh....

DEKKER! YES!

I never, never understood what the coaches saw in him. He must have been really tearing it up in practice.

papillon
01-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Well, with the Hines situation (and having enough WRs) this sort of makes Mike Tomlin's job easy doesn't it? Was Dekker actually on the roster?

Pappy

Mister Pittsburgh
01-25-2009, 01:24 AM
I think he was on IR.

Oviedo
01-25-2009, 12:27 PM

Heath
Speath
McHugh....

DEKKER! YES!

I never, never understood what the coaches saw in him. He must have been really tearing it up in practice.

Didn't he get a try out under Cowher because he was friends with his daughter at Princeton.

I agree. No value added..good bye. I'd tell him to stay away from the team this week. No distractions.

buckeyehoppy
01-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Heath
Speath
McHugh....

DEKKER! YES!

Didn't he get a try out under Cowher because he was friends with his daughter at Princeton.

I agree. No value added..good bye. I'd tell him to stay away from the team this week. No distractions.

He's on IR. The team will tell him to stay away. Then, he will be cut along with Berger next Monday after the season is over.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Let's see...he's on injured reserve with knee injury, but was trying to flee from police. Run from the cops on a bad knee? That's just dumb. Are we sure he didn't go to Princeton Community College or something like that?

RuthlessBurgher
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Update on a former TE's legal hijinks:

Dekker acquitted in Virginia

Associated Press

Updated: April 9, 2009, 11:03 AM ET

ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- A Virginia judge has acquitted former Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jonathan Dekker on an obstruction of justice charge.

The charge stemmed from an incident in Alexandria's Old Town a week before the Super Bowl, when the football player fled from police and then gave officers a false name.

A judge ruled Wednesday that Dekker's actions did not warrant the obstruction of justice charge. Dekker was facing up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Dekker ran from police Jan. 24 after an officer told the football player he was going to arrest him for being drunk in public.

Dekker has said he fled because he didn't want to distract his team by getting arrested just days before the Super Bowl.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4055206

ghettoscott
04-10-2009, 01:32 PM
6 - 5, 250 aint fleeing anywhere....moseying maybe....