PDA

View Full Version : Your Pre-Super Bowl Routine

AngryAsian
01-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Throughout the playoffs (starting as soon as the regular season ended) I worn one piece of Steeler gear every day. Yes, everyday even 2 weeks prior to the San Diego game. I feel that the Asian MoJo has been the 54th man on the field this post season. Whether its been Steeler scrubs at work, Steeler hats at the gym, Steeler jerseys at my Monday night poker games or any arbitrary Steeler t-shirt to the grocery store (today at Publix I was sporting the Hoboken NJ, Steeler-T courtesy of rpmpit)... its been something Steelers. What's been your routine leading up to the big game. Superstitious or not... I wanna hear it.

mshifko
01-24-2009, 09:24 PM
i have kept the same CD in my car all playoff season long (ace hood "gutta"), for games i've worn the same jersey, undershirt, and fleece sweat pants (without washing), same pregame meal (wings, coke zero/coors light), and i kept my terrible towel to my left side all game long (whether that be pocket or beside me on the couch)

i don't like to change things up when they're working...i wear a different steelers shirt to school, alternate my hooded sweatshirts, and jerseys

i'm so ready for this game to get here :tt2

Djfan
01-24-2009, 09:34 PM
I really have a conundrum here. I always wear the home Miller jersey - sewn on - to guarantee a win. That jersey is undefeated this year. But, we're wearing white in the SB. Don't know what to do. Maybe the sewn on Farrior?

I need advice.

mshifko
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
I really have a conundrum here. I always wear the home Miller jersey - sewn on - to guarantee a win. That jersey is undefeated this year. But, we're wearing white in the SB. Don't know what to do. Maybe the sewn on Farrior?

I need advice.

stick with the miller brother...can't mess with luck now

SteelerNation1
01-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Throughout the playoffs (starting as soon as the regular season ended) I worn one piece of Steeler gear every day. Yes, everyday even 2 weeks prior to the San Diego game. I feel that the Asian MoJo has been the 54th man on the field this post season. Whether its been Steeler scrubs at work, Steeler hats at the gym, Steeler jerseys at my Monday night poker games or any arbitrary Steeler t-shirt to the grocery store (today at Publix I was sporting the Hoboken NJ, Steeler-T courtesy of rpmpit)... its been something Steelers. What's been your routine leading up to the big game. Superstitious or not... I wanna hear it.
How ridiculous is this? I have worn a Steeler shirt EVERY day since the start of training camp. Not all day mind you, but when I get home from work a Steeler shirt goes on. I think today is day # 182! My buddy's wife of five years just said today that she has NEVER not seen me wearing something Steelers! :tt2

AngryAsian
01-24-2009, 10:58 PM
How ridiculous is this? I have worn a Steeler shirt EVERY day since the start of training camp. Not all day mind you, but when I get home from work a Steeler shirt goes on. I think today is day # 182! My buddy's wife of five years just said today that she has NEVER not seen me wearing something Steelers! :tt2

And I thought I was a badazzz. Awesome work SN1.

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-24-2009, 11:04 PM
For the playoffs, it's been the home Ben jersey, first Steelers hat I ever owned, first towel I ever owned in my right hand, and I'm ready to go. My son got a Steelers shirt for his 1st birthday, which was the same day as the Titans game. He wore it, of course, and you know what happened. He's not allowed to wear it again until February 2nd! :lol:

Djfan
01-25-2009, 03:23 AM

My co-workers at my new school site have asked me if I own anything that is not Steelers. I told them I do and that in February they might just see it.

Jooser
01-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I bought a t-shirt prior to our Super Bowl XL win. It seems to bring only good luck, so I've been wearing it a little all week, not too much, cuz I don't wanna wear out the karma. I bought a new Steelers rug yesterday for my Steelers room, which I did the year we won XL. I have all my Steelers attire draped over my couch in the Steelers room in full display. But, I have this one WV t-shirt that I bought the year the Mounties beat Geogia in the Sugar Bowl, the SAME year as XL. I am sitting here in it right now because when we weren't looking that great in XL, I put it on and the next thing I knew, FWP was on his way to a Super Bowl record gallup. So, I have all my superstitious stuff on standby, the WVU t will be worn as well as all my Steelers stuff....BRING IT!!!

My home Woodley jersey will be worn by me, Mrs. Jooser will wear a home Polamalu and the boys will wear a home BB and Troy jersey, while the daugher will wear either a home Bettis or home Barry Foster jersey!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

The main thing is this though, I try to contribute to Flippy's Super Bowl or Bust thread, it's got some KARMA, I feel it!!!!!

Chachi
01-25-2009, 09:56 AM
I do anything I can non football related until kickoff. Last week I painted the sun room and didn't turn the TV on till 6:30. The week before I went snowshoeing and didn't turn the TV on till game time. Pregame stuff is Ok, but it tells me nothing new and I hate the talking heads blabbering on and on and on and on, even if it is about the Steelers. There is only so much I can take.

And this may sound sacrilegious, but.......I don't wear any steeler gear during games. Occasionally I have in the past here and there, but it is not a ritual for me and I haven't worn any during any game this season.

So for the big game next week I will probably not even go to the TV till 5-6pm or so. I will probably go snowboarding or something like that completely unrelated to the game and when the game is on I will not be wearing any steeler gear.

The only ritual I have for games is.......beer, and there will be plenty of that i can assure you. :D

proudpittsburgher
01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, my gameday tradition starts with a little home cooking from the wife the night before. :Boobs I'm serious about this. Every so often, something doesn't work out (no, I don't mean THAT, sometimes I have a busy schedule, sometimes we argue, etc), so when that happens, it is usually the first thing on Sunday morning. Every gameday, I start out the day drinking coffee out of my Steelers mug. Never on a non-gameday does that mug get used. When I don't convince my wife to let me wear my Steelers jersey to church, it goes on the minute I walk in the door. Troy authentic. I carefully lay out my terrible towel on the arm of the chair in front of the TV. Grab my commemorative football, which I hold, steeler logo up facing the TV, virtually all game. I used to pet my dog when we needed a big play, but we don't have her anymore :( But that's about it. Nothing intricate about it. :D :tt2

Jooser
01-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Well, my gameday tradition starts with a little home cooking from the wife the night before. :Boobs I'm serious about this. Every so often, something doesn't work out (no, I don't mean THAT, sometimes I have a busy schedule, sometimes we argue, etc), so when that happens, it is usually the first thing on Sunday morning. Every gameday, I start out the day drinking coffee out of my Steelers mug. Never on a non-gameday does that mug get used. When I don't convince my wife to let me wear my Steelers jersey to church, it goes on the minute I walk in the door. Troy authentic. I carefully lay out my terrible towel on the arm of the chair in front of the TV. Grab my commemorative football, which I hold, steeler logo up facing the TV, virtually all game. I used to pet my dog when we needed a big play, but we don't have her anymore :( But that's about it. Nothing intricate about it. :D :tt2

Nice.
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3971/hellyayj7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

NC Steeler Fan
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Okay, somebody help me post a pic and I'll have you both beat.... :wink:

stlrz d
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM

Just open up a photobucket account and upload the image from your computer to photobucket. Once you do that photobucket will give you code for posting a pic.

Or, you could post a new message and before submitting just scroll down a bit to the upload attachment option. Click "browse", locate the pic on your computer, click "add the file" and click submit.

It will look like this:

papillon
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm with ProudPittsburgher and Chachi, the wife and I have a pre-game warm up :Boobs either the night before or the morning of (I prefer the morning of). Then we go about our business getting the kids here and there, doing stuff around the house, shopping, etc. I can't watch anything related to the game until about 15 minutes prior to kickoff (for any game, but, playoffs and Superbowl in particular).

I do not wear a Steeler jersey during the game, my wife and kids get all decked out in their Steeler gear, I typically wear the local high school hoodie that I have or a University of Pittsburgh sweatshirt.

I'll wear Steeler gear during the week, but, not every day, but, always on Friday to work and any other activity after work.

My pre-game ritual is that I don't really have one; that's too much pressure to put on myself day after day. I get enough of that at work.

People will be changing the punchline to the old joke about buying "two pickets to T*tsburgh" to "I need two tickets to Sixburgh" after Sunday! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

rpmpit
01-26-2009, 11:17 AM
I haven't showered since SBXL...

No, just kidding.

I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible. Like most of you, I wear Steeler gear almost every day. For SBXL I made the mistake of going to a friends party. There were so many people (non-Steeler fans) it was difficult to concentrate on the game. This year I'll be watching at my in-laws on their monster tv. No one bothers me there. Actually, my wife instructed her family not to speak to me AT ALL during the game. Unless I speak to them first, of course :twisted:

NC Steeler Fan
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
[quote=ASIAN]Throughout the playoffs (starting as soon as the regular season ended) I worn one piece of Steeler gear every day. Yes, everyday even 2 weeks prior to the San Diego game. I feel that the Asian MoJo has been the 54th man on the field this post season. Whether its been Steeler scrubs at work, Steeler hats at the gym, Steeler jerseys at my Monday night poker games or any arbitrary Steeler t-shirt to the grocery store (today at Publix I was sporting the Hoboken NJ, Steeler-T courtesy of rpmpit)... its been something Steelers. What's been your routine leading up to the big game. Superstitious or not... I wanna hear it.

Just open up a photobucket account and upload the image from your computer to photobucket. Once you do that photobucket will give you code for posting a pic.

Or, you could post a new message and before submitting just scroll down a bit to the upload attachment option. Click "browse", locate the pic on your computer, click "add the file" and click submit.

It will look like this:[/quote:vzhi2xx9]

Okaaay, so I may work an 8 to 5 job in an office all day, but we also run a farm and I sell fresh eggs to a local co-op grocery.

As soon as I leave out the door to go work outside or go anywhere on the weekend or any day off, I have on a Steeler hat and shirt (even if it's underneath a jacket or sweater), but the difference here is this is YEAR ROUND!

In fact, I think it was about two months ago that, for some really odd reason, I picked up one of my husband's Stihl hats or something and when I went to town to pick up feed and supplies one of the farm hands who was loading up my truck says to me: "Hey, where's your Steeler hat? I've never seen you without your Steeler hat!" And, I was so embarrassed that I didn't have it on, I pretty much headed home right after that!

And, as proof of my dedication to the Steelers, I'll share something that floored even me after it happened.

Our local county agricultural extension agent came out to our farm one day to take pictures for her "sustainable agriculture" website that features local farmers. So, as we're figuring out appropriate shots, she literally asks me: "Is this what you usually wear working around the farm?" and I didn't think much of it, but replied yes. And, after a bunch of pictures were taken she says she maybe using them for "other" promotional opportunities and asks did I have any problem wtih that. Eh, no biggie I reply.

Unbeknownst to me, she not only takes photographs for her job, she runs a photography business and creates greeting cards with scenes from local agriculture on their front cover and sells them in local shops and stores. Needless to say, it's kinda wild to be in a store shopping around and suddenly come across your own face staring back at you from a rack of greeting cards!

So, this is how the Steelers ended up on the front of a greeting card from a small chicken farm in central NC...

(Debbie Roos Photography)

stlrz d
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Awesome! :D

:tt2

papillon
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
[quote=SteelerNation1][quote=ASIAN]Throughout the playoffs (starting as soon as the regular season ended) I worn one piece of Steeler gear every day. Yes, everyday even 2 weeks prior to the San Diego game. I feel that the Asian MoJo has been the 54th man on the field this post season. Whether its been Steeler scrubs at work, Steeler hats at the gym, Steeler jerseys at my Monday night poker games or any arbitrary Steeler t-shirt to the grocery store (today at Publix I was sporting the Hoboken NJ, Steeler-T courtesy of rpmpit)... its been something Steelers. What's been your routine leading up to the big game. Superstitious or not... I wanna hear it.

It will look like this:[/quote:1hkbzwt1]

Okaaay, so I may work an 8 to 5 job in an office all day, but we also run a farm and I sell fresh eggs to a local co-op grocery.

As soon as I leave out the door to go work outside or go anywhere on the weekend or any day off, I have on a Steeler hat and shirt (even if it's underneath a jacket or sweater), but the difference here is this is YEAR ROUND!

In fact, I think it was about two months ago that, for some really odd reason, I picked up one of my husband's Stihl hats or something and when I went to town to pick up feed and supplies one of the farm hands who was loading up my truck says to me: "Hey, where's your Steeler hat? I've never seen you without your Steeler hat!" And, I was so embarrassed that I didn't have it on, I pretty much headed home right after that!

And, as proof of my dedication to the Steelers, I'll share something that floored even me after it happened.

Our local county agricultural extension agent came out to our farm one day to take pictures for her "sustainable agriculture" website that features local farmers. So, as we're figuring out appropriate shots, she literally asks me: "Is this what you usually wear working around the farm?" and I didn't think much of it, but replied yes. And, after a bunch of pictures were taken she says she maybe using them for "other" promotional opportunities and asks did I have any problem wtih that. Eh, no biggie I reply.

Unbeknownst to me, she not only takes photographs for her job, she runs a photography business and creates greeting cards with scenes from local agriculture on their front cover and sells them in local shops and stores. Needless to say, it's kinda wild to be in a store shopping around and suddenly come across your own face staring back at you from a rack of greeting cards!

So, this is how the Steelers ended up on the front of a greeting card from a small chicken farm in central NC...

(Debbie Roos Photography)[/quote:1hkbzwt1]

Like I've always said "Steeler chicks and chickens rule!" :Bow :tt2

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
[quote=SteelerNation1][quote=ASIAN]Throughout the playoffs (starting as soon as the regular season ended) I worn one piece of Steeler gear every day. Yes, everyday even 2 weeks prior to the San Diego game. I feel that the Asian MoJo has been the 54th man on the field this post season. Whether its been Steeler scrubs at work, Steeler hats at the gym, Steeler jerseys at my Monday night poker games or any arbitrary Steeler t-shirt to the grocery store (today at Publix I was sporting the Hoboken NJ, Steeler-T courtesy of rpmpit)... its been something Steelers. What's been your routine leading up to the big game. Superstitious or not... I wanna hear it.

It will look like this:[/quote:2d2ywuo4]

(Debbie Roos Photography)[/quote:2d2ywuo4]

Cool story and pic. Good for you, NC!

steeld95
01-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I have kind of a dilema with this game. For all of the playoff games, jhansle and I have been meeting up at the same bar about half hour before kickoff. I have been wearing my Troy Jersey. I order the same food everytime. Jhansle and me split buckets of yingling while we watch the game. We have done this for most of the season.

Now, with the superbowl, there comes alot of superbowl parties. They are usually fun, but I get kind of loud and don't know what type of people will be at these parties. Luckily, the bar that Jhansle and I go too, they allow us to get pretty loud. I am pretty supersticious when it comes to the Steelers also....so me and Jhansle might have to stick with the bar.

proudpittsburgher
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I have kind of a dilema with this game. For all of the playoff games, jhansle and I have been meeting up at the same bar about half hour before kickoff. I have been wearing my Troy Jersey. I order the same food everytime. Jhansle and me split buckets of yingling while we watch the game. We have done this for most of the season.

Now, with the superbowl, there comes alot of superbowl parties. They are usually fun, but I get kind of loud and don't know what type of people will be at these parties. Luckily, the bar that Jhansle and I go too, they allow us to get pretty loud. I am pretty supersticious when it comes to the Steelers also....so me and Jhansle might have to stick with the bar.

You stick with what brung you there, son. Was there ever any question? :tt1

RKSteel
01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Generally just wear my home Troy jersey, if the Steeles won, I try to wear the same Steelers shirt underneath the jersey. My three girls all wear their jersey's Hines, Ben, & Bettis/Troy.

I used to drink my Sunday morning coffee out of my Steelers mug, then I went to the Chargers game in Nov w/ my oldest daughter so I couldn't use the mug.

My daughter wore her Hines jersey and over her coat she wore my old Kirkland jersey. She believes the Steelers snapped their two game losing streak that week cause she wore two jerseys.

Later in the season, my daughters and I were talking about jinxs and superstitions. I told them don't believe any of that stuff, you'll go crazy. I mentioned how I haven't used my Steeler mug on Sunday mornings cause they beat the Chargers when I didn't drink from it. Of course they thought that was the funnist thing they ever heard.

Last week I'm in the basement waiting for my coffee to finish, my wife says to my girls that she'll wash my Steelers mug so I can use it, being the AFCCG. I hear yelling from the basement. My kids start screaming at her to leave it alone, I can't drink out of it or the Steeles might lose.

I didn't use my Steelers mug, I took the Disney mug I have been using every Sunday since the Chargers game. :D

MeetJoeGreene
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I am on a win streak with my Troy P. home jersey, so I will continue to wear it for games.

I, too, wear SOMETHING Steeler related EVERYDAY since about a week before San Diego. Either in the gym, or at night around the house, or as a shirt underneaty a v-neck. I will not break tradition and will continue to do so until the Super Bowl.

MeetJoeGreene
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Needless to say, it's kinda wild to be in a store shopping around and suddenly come across your own face staring back at you from a rack of greeting cards!

What was the caption on the card???? :D

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Needless to say, it's kinda wild to be in a store shopping around and suddenly come across your own face staring back at you from a rack of greeting cards!

STEELER CHICKS RULE!!! (of course!) :lol:

costanza2k1
01-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Our superstitions are related to seating arrangements in my house, who's there to watch it, and food. Everyone must sit in the same seats they have throughout the season. We generally don't allow non fans to watch the game with us. If another team's fan wants to come over they have to wear Steelers' gear which they do. As far as food is concerned one of the requirements is a buffalo chicken strips. We've been eating that crap since 05...every game. In 06/07 Sam's quit carrying it and we all know what happen there. It's back this year!

The beer is always Coors light as an appetizer and multiple liters of Crown Royal for the main course. (yup we enjoy our drinks to excess) So what happens at a Punjabi American's house after a victory? In 05 my friends blocked off the neighborhood, played traditional dhol drums and we all did a traditional dance for hours. Anyone that came out of their homes was forced to drink shots with us and then come over to eat. This year it should be insane as well! I'm loving it.

NC Steeler Fan
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM

I wish!!!

Nahh, no caption or inner message. Just my name on the back and my brand name:

"the Chicken Ladee"

However, you do realize those ARE Steeler chickens right? At least the kind I am
holding in the pic.

Black and white uniforms with gold pants!! :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":qm8ujnjb]Needless to say, it's kinda wild to be in a store shopping around and suddenly come across your own face staring back at you from a rack of greeting cards!

I wish!!!

"the Chicken Ladee"

However, you do realize those ARE Steeler chickens right? At least the kind I am
holding in the pic.

Black and white uniforms with gold pants!! :tt1[/quote:qm8ujnjb]

It would be cool if someone sent you your own card for your birthday. :mrgreen:

Iron Shiek
01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
[quote="NC Steeler Fan":3gl186rb]Needless to say, it's kinda wild to be in a store shopping around and suddenly come across your own face staring back at you from a rack of greeting cards!

I wish!!!

"the Chicken Ladee"

holding in the pic.

It would be cool if someone sent you your own card for your birthday. :mrgreen:[/quote:3gl186rb]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :Clap Hilarious.

stlrz d
01-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I wish!!!

"the Chicken Ladee"

holding in the pic.

Ever go to an all male review? :lol:

[youtube:2vpp6u7g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0YwnAdT9I_o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0YwnAdT9I_o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2vpp6u7g]

AngryAsian
01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Our superstitions are related to seating arrangements in my house, who's there to watch it, and food. Everyone must sit in the same seats they have throughout the season. We generally don't allow non fans to watch the game with us. If another team's fan wants to come over they have to wear Steelers' gear which they do. As far as food is concerned one of the requirements is a buffalo chicken strips. We've been eating that crap since 05...every game. In 06/07 Sam's quit carrying it and we all know what happen there. It's back this year!

The beer is always Coors light as an appetizer and multiple liters of Crown Royal for the main course. (yup we enjoy our drinks to excess) So what happens at a Punjabi American's house after a victory? In 05 my friends blocked off the neighborhood, played traditional dhol drums and we all did a traditional dance for hours. Anyone that came out of their homes was forced to drink shots with us and then come over to eat. This year it should be insane as well! I'm loving it.

Brother, wish I could be there to do the traditional dance with you and the fam. That sounds like it would be a blast. Next year for the Planet Steelers officail tailgate, we'll be breaking out that dance.... And everyone is required to do it, otherwise cans of ninja whoopazz will be distributed. :x

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 04:50 PM

Brother, wish I could be there to do the traditional dance with you and the fam. That sounds like it would be a blast. Next year for the Planet Steelers officail tailgate, we'll be breaking out that dance.... And everyone is required to do it, otherwise cans of ninja whoopazz will be distributed. :x

My people dance, but usually those witnessing it try to put a stop to it immediately. :lol:

http://www.tuesdayteez.com/images/white_boy.gif